2014 SLP Admissions Thread

Just got my acceptance email from Hunter College!!!

So excited to have offers from 2 great in-state programs! Now the question becomes...stay in the big city or shuffle off to Buffalo??

TheRealIMSol when did you hear from Worcester state and was it through postal mail, email, online, or phone call?

TheRealIMSol when did you hear from Worcester state and was it through postal mail, email, online, or phone call?

Just heard this afternoon by regular mail. Letter was dated March 18.

Just got my acceptance email from Hunter College!!!

So excited to have offers from 2 great in-state programs! Now the question becomes...stay in the big city or shuffle off to Buffalo??

Congratulations! If it were me in your position, I would pick Hunter College. But It's mostly because I did my undergrad in Western NY and just can't see myself in that region for another 2 years - although I miss Wegman's SO MUCH.  Haha there are a lot of different things to consider - but maybe don't put Wegman's on that list :) Good luck making a decision! 

Just got an email from UVA that my decision is online.... and its not. UGH! The evil of it! lol.

No kidding! I also applied there but i havent heard anything. Did you check you portal?

Just got an email from UVA that my decision is online.... and its not. UGH! The evil of it! lol.

Oh my gosh! You poor thing. I applied there, too....but haven't heard anything.

Just got accepted (via email) to University of Central Arkansas with offer of an assistantship to help pay first year tuition. Will be declining this offer though because I've already accepted an offer elsewhere. Hopefully this opens a spot for others. Good luck to all those going!

Edited by SweetPea21

Isn't the portal just the regular application link?

Yea, I saw earlier when someone got accepted to UVA that there was link at the bottom of the page.

@Caterpillar

CONGRATULATONS!!! So excited for you both. Conway is a nice area... we've been out there a few times to visit family :) The campus is good sized but in a small town feel. It is pretty up there as well.

Now you have decisions!!! :)

@Caterpillar

CONGRATULATONS!!! So excited for you both. Conway is a nice area... we've been out there a few times to visit family :) The campus is good sized but in a small town feel. It is pretty up there as well.

Now you have decisions!!! :)

Thank you! This was quite unexpected. Decisions, indeed! :)

@ BeckSLPplease      frustrating!  Hope they call back soon!

Got an email saying they recieved my application materials.  That must have been all the call was about.  Weird though bc I turned in and got conf it was recieved in Feb.  Oh well still waiting. . .

OMG! My husband was accepted to UCA as well, also with an assistantship! He just forwarded me the message as I was reading your post. :o

CONGRATS!!!! :)  Bye Bye Cali for SURE SURE!!!!  :)

SweetPea21, congratulations on your decision and other acceptances! I was just wondering - did you withdraw your applications to other programs because you made a decision, or are you waiting to hear back first? 

Arkansas is pretty nice, UCA is about 45 minutes from where I'm doing my undergrad. It's got a Panera bread really close, but that's all I remember really..shopping plaza in town, and a Dunkin Donuts! (one of three in the state). (Only been to Conway once) but there's lots of nice hiking and stuff to do around here, too, it's less than an hour from Petit Jean State Park (has a waterfall). I mean, I know you pick the school for the school, but those are just random things about the area :)

Arkansas is pretty nice, UCA is about 45 minutes from where I'm doing my undergrad. It's got a Panera bread really close, but that's all I remember really..shopping plaza in town, and a Dunkin Donuts! (one of three in the state). (Only been to Conway once) but there's lots of nice hiking and stuff to do around here, too, it's less than an hour from Petit Jean State Park (has a waterfall). I mean, I know you pick the school for the school, but those are just random things about the area :)

This is good information, though! Neither of us has been to Arkansas, so while my husband will I'm sure be very busy on campus, the kids and I will need to find ways to occupy ourselves in the meantime. :) 

I was also accepted to UCA today with an assistantship! It's the cheapest option so far, but I'm not sure it's the best for me. I have some serious researching and decision making to do within the next two weeks. :wacko:  Is anybody who was accepted to UCA planning on attending? Do you have any additional information about the college or the area? Thanks everybody!

So I called Southeastern Louisiana University and all they told me is that letters were sent out March 14th. It has been 10 days and I still haven't received anything! I am trying to be patient, but I am feeling disheartened. Excuse me while I go cry in a corner. :'(