2014 SLP Admissions Thread

Got accepted to my first program ever today! I'm on cloud nine!! :)

Congrats! I just received my first acceptance last Wednesday so I know how you feel! Such a great feeling  :D

@daisynic-

I plan to withdraw :) I just let my school of choice know of my acceptance a few days ago so now I am planning on contacting the other schools this week. UCA just happened to contact me before I contacted them ;).

I was also accepted to UCA today with an assistantship! It's the cheapest option so far, but I'm not sure it's the best for me. I have some serious researching and decision making to do within the next two weeks. :wacko:  Is anybody who was accepted to UCA planning on attending? Do you have any additional information about the college or the area? Thanks everybody!

Seconding this... After discussion with my husband, we are pretty divided between our options (though fairly confident that he will be withdrawing from the waitlist at PSU). More information on the area/school would be fantastic!

I would love to get in touch with some current NYU SLP students if at all possible! If any of you still lurk these boards, please PM me! Or if any of you SLPeeps know of anyone I would love to ask some questions! 

Thank you!!! 

Though it shouldn't make a huge difference, as the culture of Conway will be slightly different (because a state school is located in the city) because it's in Arkansas, which is part of the Bible belt. I'm at school 45 minutes from Conway and the church holds a huge presence in the community. But the people are super nice :)

Got accepted to my first program ever today! I'm on cloud nine!! :)

was this from East Tennessee? Congratulations!! That's awesome. How did you hear?

Can you give me the email that you used to find out that you were waitlisted! Now I am anxious and feel like I have to find out!!! I have so many schools left to hear from but currently rejected at 2 and waitlisted at 1.

I got an email back from Edinboro, I am on the wait list and I was told letters would be sent in the mail this week. Good luck everyone! 

did anyone apply to appalachian state?  I just went on to check the status of my application and it says decision has been made on application.  I can't figure out how to get the decision?  I'm assuming it is bad considering I didn't get an e-mail to check it and the first round of decisions had gone out a week ago.  if anyone knows how to check it, please let me know! thanks!

Seconding this... After discussion with my husband, we are pretty divided between our options (though fairly confident that he will be withdrawing from the waitlist at PSU). More information on the area/school would be fantastic!

Are you and your husband leaning more toward UCA or FHSU?

did anyone apply to appalachian state?  I just went on to check the status of my application and it says decision has been made on application.  I can't figure out how to get the decision?  I'm assuming it is bad considering I didn't get an e-mail to check it and the first round of decisions had gone out a week ago.  if anyone knows how to check it, please let me know! thanks!

Mine says the same thing, hmm. Did you call and see? I'd think there would be a link to look at the letter. I don't have anything either - e-mail or way to check the decision. let me know what you find out. 

Lgwslp, yes it was etsu. I got an email yesterday, my portal still hasn't changed. I can't believe it!

YAY! Congrats!!! So happy for you. Have you been there before? It really is nice, the professors are nice I went to their open house last year, and the hospital is great.

Mine says the same thing, hmm. Did you call and see? I'd think there would be a link to look at the letter. I don't have anything either - e-mail or way to check the decision. let me know what you find out. 

Mine still says that it's still only submitted...I guess no news is good news? Hopefully?

Got offered a $5000 dollar scholarship for Abilene, for each year!! WOW, God is good. Was definitely not expecting that, but they had scholarship money become available. That's a blessing. Maybe feeling like God is leaning towards wanting me to move to Texas! ;) Might need some cowgirl boots! 

Still waiting to hear from other schools, but its refreshing knowing I am going somewhere. Don't lose hope everyone - this was my second year applying, after 4 rejections and 2 wait lists that turned to rejections last year. It's not always about stats. I have a 3.46 undergrad cummulative, and 3.9 in major GPA, and just above average GRE Scores. Find a place that is a perfect fit for you - and you fit them! 

Has anyone heard anything from St. Xavier BESIDES a wait list?  Looking at the results search, it appears they have only sent out wait list notices so far.  They're my only school I'm waiting to hear from (besides Elmhurst, but I'm 99% sure that's a rejection) and I'd like to know where I stand so I can start making my final decision on where to go to school.

Thanks!

Got offered a $5000 dollar scholarship for Abilene, for each year!! WOW, God is good. Was definitely not expecting that, but they had scholarship money become available. That's a blessing. Maybe feeling like God is leaning towards wanting me to move to Texas! ;) Might need some cowgirl boots! 

Still waiting to hear from other schools, but its refreshing knowing I am going somewhere. Don't lose hope everyone - this was my second year applying, after 4 rejections and 2 wait lists that turned to rejections last year. It's not always about stats. I have a 3.46 undergrad cummulative, and 3.9 in major GPA, and just above average GRE Scores. Find a place that is a perfect fit for you - and you fit them! 

Woo!! That's amazing, congratulations! 

Awesome!!!!

That's a lot of money!!!!

Awesome!!!!

Woo!! That's amazing, congratulations! 

Thank you All! It's a blessing - their tuition is pretty expensive because it is a Christian and private school, so that is DEFINITELY a help, and I could get a job too, to help even more.! It's a blessing. 

YAY! Congrats!!! So happy for you. Have you been there before? It really is nice, the professors are nice I went to their open house last year, and the hospital is great.

Thank you! No, I have never been before. I'm really familiar with western Carolina area, I have been to Asheville, but I have not been I the Johnson City area. Is it big area/ or "trafficky" place? Congrats on your acceptance!