2014 SLP Admissions Thread

AH MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE! Idaho State sent their email this afternoon, and I just burst into tears. I didn't even know what school it was, all I saw was "Congratulations" and I went off the wall.

I swear, I'm not usually this crazy...

CONGRATS! :)

AH MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE! Idaho State sent their email this afternoon, and I just burst into tears. I didn't even know what school it was, all I saw was "Congratulations" and I went off the wall.

CONGRATULATIONS!! I can only hope to experience the same feeling

Congrats!!

Just checked the University of Northern Colorado portal today, it says "conditional acceptance!" Did anyone else get this? I'm guessing it means I need to take some leveling classes. Anyway, yay!

Does anyone have any ideas about how to get in touch with current grad students from different schools?

Admitted: University of Northern Colorado, Eastern New Mexico University, University of South Carolina

Rejected: Eastern Carolina University

Applied: San Francisco State University, San Jose State University, California State University East Bay, Idaho State University

Just checked the University of Northern Colorado portal today, it says "conditional acceptance!" Did anyone else get this? I'm guessing it means I need to take some leveling classes. Anyway, yay!

Does anyone have any ideas about how to get in touch with current grad students from different schools?

Admitted: University of Northern Colorado, Eastern New Mexico University, University of South Carolina

Applied: San Francisco State University, San Jose State University, California State University East Bay, Idaho State University

May I ask if you applied to the UNCO on-campus or online program?

You can try going to results search and see if anyone has left their email address in past years and email them. Also try going to the comm disorders website of the school and find thesis projects and it may have the students email address.

Congrats!  Did you apply to the residential or online program??  I haven't heard a thing from online admissions and I was wait listed for the residential program weeks ago. 

Also the best way to get in touch with students is to simply email a professor in the department and ask them to send out an email to their students. I get these all of the time from my own professors and often contact potential grad students at their request.

Edited by e_lena

Hi

I've been lurking and thought I would comment on the UNCO online comments. I just got waitlisted for the online program via email but my portal status did not change. Seems like they're letting people know. 

Hi

I've been lurking and thought I would comment on the UNCO online comments. I just got waitlisted for the online program via email but my portal status did not change. Seems like they're letting people know. 

I was also waitlisted. Ah well!   Good luck to you!

UNCO peeps! I just found out that I was wait listed for the online program as well! Good luck to everyone. I am absolutely thrilled that I was waitlisted. UNCO is my top choice and I thought for sure I would just get flat out rejected! Fingers crossed!

Got a "congratulations" email from ISU financial aid telling me I have been awarded financial aid for the upcoming school year. However, I still haven't gotten an email affirming that I got into the program...?? Very confused. Applied to the online program.

Got a "congratulations" email from ISU financial aid telling me I have been awarded financial aid for the upcoming school year. However, I still haven't gotten an email affirming that I got into the program...?? Very confused. Applied to the online program.

Hi soccer2grl. The same thing happened to me. Hopefully this is promising! I applied to ISU (online) last year, was wait listed and then ultimately not accepted. I never received a financial aid award so I'm hoping that this is a good sign. Good luck to you! Hopefully we will find out soon.

FYI, I just checked the COMD website at CSULB for the special cohort and it says they extended the application deadline for the special cohort to June 1st! That means if applications aren't due until then, they def won't have decisions until end of June. What is one to do if they get in somewhere but want CSULB? I wish I were so lucky to have that happen, but CSULB special cohort is my 1st choice

FYI, I just checked the COMD website at CSULB for the special cohort and it says they extended the application deadline for the special cohort to June 1st! That means if applications aren't due until then, they def won't have decisions until end of June. What is one to do if they get in somewhere but want CSULB? I wish I were so lucky to have that happen, but CSULB special cohort is my 1st choice

Hey BeckSLPplease,

I am sorry about that. This process is so nerve-racking and some schools take so long. If I was in that situation I would most likely secure a spot in my next top choice (hopefully no or only a small deposit would be required), and then notify them immediately if I was offered a seat in the LB cohort. You could also ask for an extension to your next top choice and explain the situation. Maybe you can contact someone in the CD department at Long Beach and ask them more details about the process ( ex. Will it take that long for everyone to find out about their admission decision? Are you able to get an update on your admission status?). At one of the universities I applied to the original deadline was. Jan and then they extended it (after I already rushed to submit everything) to Feb 1st. I thought I'd have to wait longer for a decision too. But that was not the case. They notified people in waves. So maybe calling LB for clarification would help. Good luck! I hope you hear some good news sooner.

Does anyone know what it usually means when the website says " Please contact the Admissions Office" under "decision?" Does this usually mean a good or bad thing? I'm kind of on the edge of a breakdown right now. Somebody please help!  :unsure:

Thank u Yancy for the suggestions. I actually emailed the contact person listed, and have not heard back, but I think a phone call may be better. I will wait and swe if I get accepted to my other choices to follow up if that is the case. I just really hhope I get in!

I recieved my acceptance email to UNCO (distance) on Saturday night - that was totally unexpected - both getting in and finding out at 6:15 pm on a Saturday!

It's so weird to think that all the waiting most likely ends tomorrow for me - Western Kentucky is supposed to send out their notifications on Monday. This has been the longest process/wait ever!

Hi soccer2grl. The same thing happened to me. Hopefully this is promising! I applied to ISU (online) last year, was wait listed and then ultimately not accepted. I never received a financial aid award so I'm hoping that this is a good sign. Good luck to you! Hopefully we will find out soon.

Hi ballerina18,

I emailed Jude Jones at ISU but she's out of the office until next week. I really hope we find out soon. How did you hear from WKU? I have not heard from them yet and I applied to the distance program. I was also waitlisted at UNCO.

Hi ballerina18,

I emailed Jude Jones at ISU but she's out of the office until next week. I really hope we find out soon. How did you hear from WKU? I have not heard from them yet and I applied to the distance program. I was also waitlisted at UNCO.

I'm planning on calling the ISU financial aid office tomorrow for more information. I just read in the "Less Competitive" forum that there is an additional per-credit fee for the online ISU program and I want to ask ISU about that. Also, I read online that the ISU scholarship deadline is April 4th so I want to make sure we are eligible to apply even though we are not registered for Fall yet.

I found out my WKU status by logging into the website. WKU made sure to highlight the decision in bright yellow so I wouldn't miss the rejection they gave me. lol

I called New Hampshire this morning because my portal still says "waiting for final grad review" after two weeks! All the person would tell me is that I'll hear by the end of this week. UGH! I can't wait for this to be over.

I'm adding some more green to my signature this morning... accepted to Montclair State University!!!

Congrats! I've heard great things about their program! :)