2014 SLP Admissions Thread

It started last fall, I believe that was the first semester. I know you need all the prerequisites completed by the July 1 deadline, even if you had a COMD degree. I have the degree, but did not have the pre-requisites neural processes/neuropathology or linguistics/psycho-linguistics, so they could not process my application last year. I didn't apply again for this year but I would certainly recommend it! 

Interesting. Thanks for letting me know.

It started last fall, I believe that was the first semester. I know you need all the prerequisites completed by the July 1 deadline, even if you had a COMD degree. I have the degree, but did not have the pre-requisites neural processes/neuropathology or linguistics/psycho-linguistics, so they could not process my application last year. I didn't apply again for this year but I would certainly recommend it

I saw you applied and just have a quick question!  Did you take foreign languages in college?  I noticed that that was needed for applying too

I saw you applied and just have a quick question!  Did you take foreign languages in college?  I noticed that that was needed for applying too

Yes I took foreign language in high school for college credit and also a semester in college. If you can find an online class that starts in May then you should be fine! I don't remember that being a requirement, unless they have changed it. Here is the e-mail SUNY Cortland sent me last year:

"Thank you for applying to our master’s program.  The admissions committee has just reviewed your application.  Part of the admissions  criteria includes the completion or equivalent of the following courses:

a.       Normal Language Development

b.       Phonetics

c.       Linguistics or Psycho-Linguistics

d.       Speech Science

e.       Audiology

f.        Articulation and Language Disorders

g.       Neural Processes and Neuropathology

h.       Diagnostics Procedures

i.         Clinical Methods

j.         Aural Rehabilitation

k.       Hearing Science/Anatomy and Physiology

l.         Biological Science

m.     Physical Science (chemistry or physics)

n.       Statistics

We note that you have not completed  neural processes/neuropathology or linguistics/psycho-linguistics courses.  If you can complete these courses by the July 1, 2013 application deadline, we will be able to process your application. "

Edited by daisynic

Woke up this morning to my 2nd Acceptance! Jackson State University, Crazy!  Never thought I'd even have one, but not 2 acceptances and 3 wait lists!  

Congrats twinguy7, you deserve it.  Now i know which schools to apply to next year lol.

Woke up this morning to my 2nd Acceptance! Jackson State University, Crazy!  Never thought I'd even have one, but not 2 acceptances and 3 wait lists!  

Yay! how are you going to decide with all these choices?

It's so great to have choices, isn't it?! Congrats!!

Woke up this morning to my 2nd Acceptance! Jackson State University, Crazy! Never thought I'd even have one, but not 2 acceptances and 3 wait lists!

That's so amazing! Congrats! Now you have a decision to make! :)

Good for you!!  Congratulations on all your hard work.

Congratulations.  Doesn't that feel great?!

Congratulations twinguy and danielle!!!

Congrats! That is great!

Congrats!!

Thanks so much, everyone! I am on Cloud 9....so relieved. But, money will certainly be a factor in my decision, so I'll be holding out for those wait-lists and additional schools I've yet to heard from...

Congrats twinguy7, you deserve it.  Now i know which schools to apply to next year lol.

thanks!  And yea, really study out the programs.  Email the directors starting in May!  Good luck!   :)

And thanks everyone else for the support.  It's been a loooong week traveling but me and my wife are almost back to California and just heard back from my last school, CSUN(my undergrad).  Rejection!  We want to move from the Los Angeles area so we are relieved all of our possibilities are outside of California!  

Congrats to others who are getting off of wait lists or hearing good news and keep the faith if you are still waiting!  It will all be worth it in the end!  :)

Edited by twinguy7

Congratulations!!!! Now the difficult task is deciding.