2014 SLP Admissions Thread

Thanks guys :) I really needed to hear stuff like this right now. I knew I was taking a risk when I applied, but it's still disappointing to say the least. I've worked so hard this past year on my application while teaching full time. I will persevere though and pursue other options :) I don't have my pre-reqs done yet. I'm going to e-mail the school tomorrow to see if I can get any insight as to why I was rejected (maybe the pre-reqs was the reason). That might help me take the next steps. Which schools have spring admissions pitt123? Would I be able to apply as a 3 year candidate?

College of Saint Rose, Marquette University, Valdosta State University, & University of Northern Iowa are a few programs that offer spring admissions. Sorry,  I do not know how they handle out of field applicants.

It's raining acceptances today...congrats you guys!!!

One more month and this will all be over.  I see a vacation involving sand and unlimited alcoholic beverages in my future.  Well, maybe only in my dreams, but it's nice to fantasize.

I got waitlisted at BU. :( I don't understand...

Greenery, this entire process is baffling and totally insane...I've given up wasting my life energy trying to understand it. 

Enjoy the offers you have, get ready to celebrate the ones to come, and trust that everything happens for a reason and will work out for the best. 

Edited by PsycD

Greeneryforests,

your stats are ridiculous. I'm sure you'll be accepted off the waitlist. Even then, you already have such amazing choices!

erica

That's what I was thinking. Stats are not everything that the committee is looking for when it comes to building a specific cohort. 

College of Saint Rose, Marquette University, Valdosta State University, & University of Northern Iowa are a few programs that offer spring admissions. Sorry,  I do not know how they handle out of field applicants.

Also, lorenzojojo, UCF does Spring and three year.

I got waitlisted at BU. :( I don't understand...

Another potential explanation that I've heard of for other grad schools (not sure how SLP works with regards to this, though) is that if you're a particularly good candidate and they're not sure if you'd actually attend or not, they may waitlist you to test and see if you're legitimately interested in them or if you were just using them as a safety school. Again, don't know if SLP grad schools do that, but just a thought....

Another potential explanation that I've heard of for other grad schools (not sure how SLP works with regards to this, though) is that if you're a particularly good candidate and they're not sure if you'd actually attend or not, they may waitlist you to test and see if you're legitimately interested in them or if you were just using them as a safety school. Again, don't know if SLP grad schools do that, but just a thought....

I've heard that as well, especially of smaller programs. I think that's why you'll see some people with great stats rejected from their "safety" schools and accepted to the "dream" ones.

I keep seeing on the results page that people are logging onto Temple's web page and seeing their decision results!!!! How do we do this ??

Ok, I actually figured it out and wanted to post what I did over here in case anyone else is wondering. People log into the TUPortal in order to see the decision. In order to sign up for a TUPortal username and passcode, you need to sign up for a mailing list, and they will send you an email with username info within 24 hours (ahhhh now I'm waiting for that email).

Here is the link to sign up for the mailing list, and therefore TUPortal:

http://admissions.temple.edu/request-information

I've heard that as well, especially of smaller programs. I think that's why you'll see some people with great stats rejected from their "safety" schools and accepted to the "dream" ones.

I feel like this has to be the case. If not, barely competitive people like myself who are always too scared to comment on these forums because of my average stats would probably never get into graduate school. Congratulations to all of those who have already received acceptances! None of my schools have sent out letters yet and the wait is making me check these forums/results pages obsessively  :blink:

Edited by portnut2014

Ok, I actually figured it out and wanted to post what I did over here in case anyone else is wondering. People log into the TUPortal in order to see the decision. In order to sign up for a TUPortal username and passcode, you need to sign up for a mailing list, and they will send you an email with username info within 24 hours (ahhhh now I'm waiting for that email).

Here is the link to sign up for the mailing list, and therefore TUPortal:

http://admissions.temple.edu/request-information

Thank you so much for posting this! :)

I def think this is true. 

I feel the same way! But good news will come soon, hopefully. Also, I see you're from Maine! I'm originally from New Hampshire...did you apply to schools in New England? 

Aww @LMZ that's too bad.  It's SUPER expensive to go there anyway, so don't let it get to you.  I'm sure you'll have better options elsewhere :)

Thank you!! That definitely does make me feel better haha

Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you! I'm literally shaking in class waiting for my e-mail...

I'm sorry LMZ :( I'm sure you will get in somewhere else!

Thank you argslp! I HOPE so!! Next week is both too soon and too far away - eeeek. 

Congrats BU acceptances!! 

I posted this in the NY/NJ thread too but...

Here is something that's kind of scaring me... Last year it looks like first rounds of admissions for NYU went out on March 1st. Do you think that would be the case this year even though its a Saturday or would they wait until Monday?? (Obviously freaking out!)

Oh dear...I know I was the one that said it, but I'll be honest, I was kind of hoping it wasn't true! But I think it is probably true, and that makes me nervous!