2014 SLP Admissions Thread

I was accepted into Indiana University-Bloomington but unfortunately I did not get into the STEPS (bilingual) program! I am also on the waitlist for funding. I'm kinda disappointed, but it's okay! 

Congrats Karita and everyone else who got into their schools/waitlisted!

I posted this in the NY/NJ thread too but...

Here is something that's kind of scaring me... Last year it looks like first rounds of admissions for NYU went out on March 1st. Do you think that would be the case this year even though its a Saturday or would they wait until Monday?? (Obviously freaking out!)

I'm waiting to hear from MGH.... They apparently also sent out admission notices the first week of March the last couple of years... so I guess this my weekend to check my computer obsessively haha

-Erica

Good luck this weekend! Hope there's good to news to spread!!!

I was accepted into Indiana University-Bloomington but unfortunately I did not get into the STEPS (bilingual) program! I am also on the waitlist for funding. I'm kinda disappointed, but it's okay! 

Congrats Karita and everyone else who got into their schools/waitlisted!

SLPamy Congrats on getting in!! The letter made it seem kind of like no one was getting funding right away, and everyone considered eligible was put on the waitlist. But I'm not sure, which is why I asked on here!

Ok, I actually figured it out and wanted to post what I did over here in case anyone else is wondering. People log into the TUPortal in order to see the decision. In order to sign up for a TUPortal username and passcode, you need to sign up for a mailing list, and they will send you an email with username info within 24 hours (ahhhh now I'm waiting for that email).

Here is the link to sign up for the mailing list, and therefore TUPortal:

http://admissions.temple.edu/request-information

AHHH This is driving me insane! I am ON my TUPortal and it doesn't say anything about admission! The website layout is TERRIBLE. 

Has anyone accepted at UIUC received their "official" acceptance yet?  I don't think it's anything to worry about, but I definitely haven't heard anything further...

Edited by sayjo

SLPamy Congrats on getting in!! The letter made it seem kind of like no one was getting funding right away, and everyone considered eligible was put on the waitlist. But I'm not sure, which is why I asked on here!

I have it written down that IU offers funding to 15 students. I'm not sure if anyone was offered funding immediately or not. You're right, the wording was kind of weird. I assumed that some students were offered funding, and that those of us on the waiting list would be given funding if those individuals declined their acceptances. But I'm not sure!

Has anyone accepted at UIUC received their "official" acceptance yet?  I don't think it's anything to worry about, but I definitely haven't heard anything further...

I haven't received mine either yet. On that note, I also still haven't received my official acceptance to Marquette! I just want to see the info about financial aid. *impatient*

Finally tommorow is March!  We should all be getting news.  Good luck to all!

Oh how I hope you're right! One of my schools was supposed to release decisions tomorrow, but on their website (without telling applicants) they changed the date they'd let everyone hear back to the fifteenth. I keep hoping that was a mistake or that they'll start telling us tomorrow and the fifteenth was just the last day they'll give decisions and the first is tomorrow or something, anything like  that. No knowing from any of my schools is just a terrible feeling, but thinking I was going to hear back and then having that day changed on me - that's worse.

Edited by autismadvocate

Hey there sayjo!

What exactly do you mean by "official"? I received an email saying this in the first line:

Congratulations, the Admissions Committee has recommended that you be accepted into our Masters of Speech-Language Pathology program for the 2014-2015 academic year.

This was followed up about a week later with an invitation to the open house. However, I have not received any word about funding. Is this what you received? 

Aw, thanks guys for the encouraging words about BU. My mind keeps pondering why I was waitlisted.. My V and Q scores are technically a little low for the BU average, but. I wouldn't think that would be the reason.....but I guess I'll never know.

I am happy with the places I have heard back from. 2/3 is good. I guess next week I will see. I think UNC Chapel Hill and Vandy said next week.

I haven't received mine either yet. On that note, I also still haven't received my official acceptance to Marquette! I just want to see the info about financial aid. *impatient*

Thanks, SLPamy - just checking!

Hey there sayjo!

What exactly do you mean by "official"? I received an email saying this in the first line:

Congratulations, the Admissions Committee has recommended that you be accepted into our Masters of Speech-Language Pathology program for the 2014-2015 academic year.

This was followed up about a week later with an invitation to the open house. However, I have not received any word about funding. Is this what you received? 

lululuna, I got that email too and also the second one about the open house.  However, in the acceptance email UIUC stated, "You will also be receiving a SECOND similar official notification from the Graduate College about this offer of admission."  I haven't received anything from the Graduate College yet and just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything!

I'm also really wanting to hear something about funding.  UIUC hasn't said anything about it and all Purdue has said is that they're not able to make funding offers yet. :(  I doubt I'll get any funding, but it would still be nice to know for sure...

Aw, thanks guys for the encouraging words about BU. My mind keeps pondering why I was waitlisted.. My V and Q scores are technically a little low for the BU average, but. I wouldn't think that would be the reason.....but I guess I'll never know.

I am happy with the places I have heard back from. 2/3 is good. I guess next week I will see. I think UNC Chapel Hill and Vandy said next week.

Vandy next week?? Whoo hoo!  I probs won't be able to go there because of all the $$$, but it would be so cool to get in!  Can't wait to hear!  Good luck, greeneryforests!

Hey everyone!  So I am feeling a bit stressed at the moment!  I saw that four (out of the 9) schools that I applied to have already started sending out acceptance letters and offering interviews. (According to the results forum posts.)  I have not received any notifications yet!  Should I be concerned just yet?  Do schools continue to send out notifications throughout a span of days or is it just one day?  For example are the schools that I saw still going to continue sending out notifications for acceptances and interviews?

I am extremely nervous!  I plan to graduate in May with a B.S. in CSD and minor in special education.  I struggled as a biology major my first two years, so my GPA is right under a 3.5 at the moment.  My GPA has improved greatly since switching to CSD however!  I am a research assistant for two different labs and an ESL tutor for two different programs.  I've participated in three shadow programs for three different SLPs in different settings (school, clinic, and early intervention).  One of my science teachers during my bio years wrote a really great recommendation letter for me, and I had two of my CSD teachers write me letters as well.  According to the ASHA Edfinder, my GRE scores and GPA fall within the average acceptance scores listed for the schools I applied to!  I am still really anxious because who knows what this year's rounds will be like!

Thanks, SLPamy - just checking!

lululuna, I got that email too and also the second one about the open house.  However, in the acceptance email UIUC stated, "You will also be receiving a SECOND similar official notification from the Graduate College about this offer of admission."  I haven't received anything from the Graduate College yet and just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything!

I'm also really wanting to hear something about funding.  UIUC hasn't said anything about it and all Purdue has said is that they're not able to make funding offers yet. :(  I doubt I'll get any funding, but it would still be nice to know for sure...

Aha! Good to know! Yeah, I recall that being in the email as well, but didn't think too much of it. I mean, if they offered admission they can't retract it, RIGHT?!? *shudders at the thought*

Also, I think it's kind of a joke that one school mentioned that although we have until April 15th to make the decision (as they do the offer), word of funding may not come until AFTER that. How in the hell are we supposed to make decisions when there is so much at stake? For all of the schools I applied, I will potentially be moving cross country. That money makes or breaks a decision.

Congrats Quincy!! I'm so glad more and more people are hearing back with good news!

Aha! Good to know! Yeah, I recall that being in the email as well, but didn't think too much of it. I mean, if they offered admission they can't retract it, RIGHT?!? *shudders at the thought*

Also, I think it's kind of a joke that one school mentioned that although we have until April 15th to make the decision (as they do the offer), word of funding may not come until AFTER that. How in the hell are we supposed to make decisions when there is so much at stake? For all of the schools I applied, I will potentially be moving cross country. That money makes or breaks a decision.

I know, that really is so frustrating! That isn't the norm, right? Most schools will tell us about funding before then we have to make final decisions? Bc that is a huge factor for me as well! 

has anyone not heard from la salle yet?? I saw on the results page people have been getting letters the last few days and I haven't received anything yet. I have similar stats to the people admitted so I hope I still have a chance. I wonder if this means I'm wait listed or rejected? 

has anyone not heard from la salle yet?? I saw on the results page people have been getting letters the last few days and I haven't received anything yet. I have similar stats to the people admitted so I hope I still have a chance. I wonder if this means I'm wait listed or rejected? 

Now I'm worried because I haven't heard anything either.

Edited by pitt123

Just received an email from University of Tennessee (yes, on a Saturday of all days)...drum roll please.... waitlisted :)

This is the first official news I've received from my schools and at least it's not a rejection :)

Feeling positive!

Good luck!

Edited by Quincy

Now I'm worried because I haven't heard anything either.

@pitt123 what are your stats if you don't mind me asking? I was looking at the results page from last year and it seemed that people that were waitlisted/rejected found out about a week later than everyone who was accepted so fingers crossed that we get some good news! keep me updated :)