Venting Thread- Vent about anything.

MoJingly

On 11/21/2018 at 9:57 AM, Psygeek said:

I hate my crazy downstairs neighbor. Srsly bitch stop screaming and talk normally!

On the topic of annoying downstairs neighbors, my downstairs neighbors let their children bounce basketballs all over the apartment, so it sounds like someone is constantly (and poorly) playing a bass drum for hours. It's been fall break for them this past week, and it's really obnoxious. Talking to the parents would accomplish nothing because they refuse to talk to anyone, so I'm contemplating buying myself a basketball and doing some dribbling of my own. ?

23 minutes ago, XVIIA said:

On the topic of annoying downstairs neighbors, my downstairs neighbors let their children bounce basketballs all over the apartment, so it sounds like someone is constantly (and poorly) playing a bass drum for hours. It's been fall break for them this past week, and it's really obnoxious. Talking to the parents would accomplish nothing because they refuse to talk to anyone, so I'm contemplating buying myself a basketball and doing some dribbling of my own. ?

Mine have been gone for thanksgiving... FINALLY. 

Can't wait to move this summer haha.

My mentor is leaving :( I totally understand why, and we will still be working together, but I'm still sad.  He's very happy though because he is going to a school he loves.  It's ok though. I will be leaving soon enough anyways. I'm about to propose for my dissertation in the spring, so I will be at a good spot before he leaves.

One of my professors assigned a 25 minute presentation on a paper 2 days before it was due. Thanks man.....I totally didn't have other stuff to get done plus plans that I'm trying to already fit in this weekend. 

I stayed up late last night doing work, and now I have a 13-hour day on campus. I could have not signed up for an audiology observation at 9 am and instead come in at 1:00 like everyone else, but no. I guess it's a good thing though, because I'm loaded with work that I put off and have to finish today, and I wouldn't get it done if I were lollygagging at home.

I feel like most of the time I vent on this thread, it's over something that's completely self-inflicted. Sigh.

On 11/29/2018 at 1:23 AM, Adelaide9216 said:

I am trying to lose weight, and even though I eat 3 meals a day plus 2 snacks, I still feel so hungry. 

I feel you. I've been a bit ill and I keep eating because dopamine and serotonin. Now I've gained the 2kg I lost over the last 4 weeks. Setbacks suck

5 hours ago, kgras13 said:

I am so incredibly stuck on trying to write a personal history/diversity statement. It's the final thing I have to finish before I can submit my first app, and it's driving me crazy. My first draft is terrible but I don't know how to pivot to something better.

Go for a walk or do something else for a bit to get your creative juices flowing - it may seem counter productive but it actually works

12 hours ago, kgras13 said:

I am so incredibly stuck on trying to write a personal history/diversity statement. It's the final thing I have to finish before I can submit my first app, and it's driving me crazy. My first draft is terrible but I don't know how to pivot to something better.

If you can't make a piece of writing work in a certain structure, change the structure.

52 minutes ago, Psygeek said:

writing too slowwwwww ugh.. 

Same, I've been procrastinating like crazy today despite the knowledge that I have a mountain of stuff to do the next couple days. I checked out about three weeks ago and it's been so damn hard to keep working.

I'm attending a research conference next week and I really don't know what to wear. It's a casual dress conference, but I don't want to worry about being too under or overdressed. Also, I don't what shoes to wear either. I'm used to always wearing flip flops, but I know I can't wear those. 

Ahhhh. Decisions, decisions. 

I am having panic attacks. They started at the beginning of the semester, and happen randomly. Basically, my body dumps a bunch of adrenaline into my system, and I don't know why.  I'm not consciously scared or anything like that. And I'm not an anxious person in general. I am actually kind of an adrenaline junkie, but not when I get it this way. I have noticed that crowds are a trigger, which is an issue since I live downtown of a big city.

I need to go off caffeine and take a break for a few days. Maybe I should find a new show to binge-watch. I have been pushing forward as much as I can with my dissertation because I know my mentor is going to leave after this upcoming semester. The stress added everything else is probably affecting me.

1 hour ago, bibliophile222 said:

Same, I've been procrastinating like crazy today despite the knowledge that I have a mountain of stuff to do the next couple days. I checked out about three weeks ago and it's been so damn hard to keep working.

I just had the hardest time coming up with a research topic for my proposal (I now have something that is loosely related, but at lesat I like it.. This class is so not my thing). I have the paper already in my head. Still, it's going to be madness to write it in 3 days basically. 

29 minutes ago, Cheshire_Cat said:

I am having panic attacks. They started at the beginning of the semester, and happen randomly. Basically, my body dumps a bunch of adrenaline into my system, and I don't know why.  I'm not consciously scared or anything like that. And I'm not an anxious person in general. I am actually kind of an adrenaline junkie, but not when I get it this way. I have noticed that crowds are a trigger, which is an issue since I live downtown of a big city.

I need to go off caffeine and take a break for a few days. Maybe I should find a new show to binge-watch. I have been pushing forward as much as I can with my dissertation because I know my mentor is going to leave after this upcoming semester. The stress added everything else is probably affecting me.

Thi is probably stress - do take some time off. It can actually be refreshing to go for short walks (or indeed binge wtach) as it sort of resets your brain. 

On 12/1/2018 at 8:54 AM, ResilientDreams said:

Ack I need to motivate myself to work on my final assignments and study for my final exam....the drawbacks of applying to grad school while still in undergrad lol.

Lol wait until you get an acceptance. Finals will become optional 

Just finished autumn quarter. Waiting for some final grades before I send out the rest of my apps due on the 15th. I'm so anxious about everything, and without schoolwork to distract me, it is not fun. My overthinking is going to keep me up at night for the next month. This is definitely worse than undergraduate admissions.