Venting Thread- Vent about anything.

MoJingly

8 minutes ago, sgaw10 said:

I'm so anxious about everything, and without schoolwork to distract me, it is not fun. My overthinking is going to keep me up at night for the next month.

I can definitely relate. I am taking a gap year, and surprisingly I found myself missing school work after summer was over. Even though school is super stressful, it was a good distraction from everything else sometimes. The anxiety after submitting does really suck and can be overwhelming, but try to take it day by day, maybe during break do things, such as reading or watching movies or hanging out with family/friends, you haven't been able to do during school and that you have been wanting to do for some time perhaps? 

54 minutes ago, Moods said:

I can definitely relate. I am taking a gap year, and surprisingly I found myself missing school work after summer was over. Even though school is super stressful, it was a good distraction from everything else sometimes. The anxiety after submitting does really suck and can be overwhelming, but try to take it day by day, maybe during break do things, such as reading or watching movies or hanging out with family/friends, you haven't been able to do during school and that you have been wanting to do for some time perhaps? 

Yeah, I will spend some time working before I go home as a way to distract me. But then I will be stuck in my boring hometown with nothing to do for 1.5 weeks... Might just start working on stuff for next quarter to occupy my time. It's weird how misgrooved everything feels when schoolwork isn't there to stress you out!

36 minutes ago, bibliophile222 said:

Did you get your giant proposal/paper thingy done yet? If so, congratulations, if not, it's awful but it's coming to an end. Hang in there!

Only need an abstract and fix my title page.. And I'm exactly on 15 pages.. (excludign references, abstract, and title page), so that's perfect. Was not able to do a superoptimal lit review but its def good enoguh.

I'm travelling to a conference on Monday morning and still don't know what I want to wear yet. Ahhhh!

I need to figure out two Secret Santa gifts - One for a coworker and one for a supervisor of the building. I have NO idea what to get for either of them. I knew I shouldn't have agreed to participate. I'm the worst with gift ideas and gift giving. Ahhhhhh!! 

Waiting to hear about interviews is seriously taking a toll on me. I'm currently convinced that I won't even get an interview (much less an acceptance) because there are so many better applicants out there, and while I know this is completely out of my control and I did the best I could, it's still difficult to deal with. 

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

2 hours ago, pgt2018 said:
i just thought of a better/more interesting way to conceptualize my personal statement(s) but it's too late because everything has been submitted!! UGH. i wish i never thought of it. 

As a perfectionist, there is always more room for improvement. you gotta let it go.

Me and my partner just got a new puppy in time for finals, and sometimes I spend hours grading papers (which I wish could be spent playing and training her). I asked my mom how she made it through her master's with children, and she said "I had no life." This is how I feel with my fur baby.

Also I can't go out for an end-of-semester graduate student bar crawl because I'm watching her by myself, and it'd be a long drive with a puppy.

Got my first two replies today - two rejections. Not a great way to start the weekend, and it's gotten me super worried about my chances this time around. I hope you guys are having better luck.

On 12/11/2018 at 11:19 AM, PsychWannabee said:

Waiting to hear about interviews is seriously taking a toll on me. I'm currently convinced that I won't even get an interview (much less an acceptance) because there are so many better applicants out there, and while I know this is completely out of my control and I did the best I could, it's still difficult to deal with. 

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I am feeling the same way!!! I am still holding out hope though.. Just a little bit. I was at my peak last week, now it's decreasing. Maybe it's for the best! Low hope = low disappointment! 

On 12/11/2018 at 10:19 AM, PsychWannabee said:

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm right there with you. I felt so awful even just submitting my apps when I had to leave the boxes for things like "awards/honors received" completely blank and died a bit inside any time I had to enter my major GPA. Not having any control at this point and having no idea when I'll hear anything back just sucks. And I'm freaking myself out because, based on the admissions results posted here, it looks like people are getting interviews at my top choice program and I haven't heard anything from them.

It's gonna be a long weekend.....