Cornell 2014

DeleteMePlease

Hey Germanstudent

When did you submit your acceptance? I did it on the last day of March and still no reply.....hmmm

Online. The same website you submit your application to.

Considering it has only been 4 days I wouldn't worry. It seems like they send out all further information in batches probably when all students have enrolled.

Online. The same website you submit your application to.

Considering it has only been 4 days I wouldn't worry. It seems like they send out all further information in batches probably when all students have enrolled.

Thanks, Germanstudent. I think I have got too paranoid. :) I'd rather stay calm. 

Thanks, Germanstudent. I think I have got too paranoid. :) I'd rather stay calm. 

Hi nermah1! I am in exactly the same situation and got no email after submitting the acceptance :P

I guess it is normal...According to the site for new students, the gradschool starts creating NetIDs after 31 March so we have to calm down :)

Hi nermah1! I am in exactly the same situation and got no email after submitting the acceptance :P

I guess it is normal...According to the site for new students, the gradschool starts creating NetIDs after 31 March so we have to calm down :)

OK Koyote :) So which program are you going to attend? Nice to see one more Cornell guy :)

OK Koyote :) So which program are you going to attend? Nice to see one more Cornell guy :)

Yes, I'm glad as well :) I am going to attend Astronomy and Space Sciences!You?Biology?

Yes, I'm glad as well :) I am going to attend Astronomy and Space Sciences!You?Biology?

Yes, Plant Biology. Astronomy and Space Sciences sounds awesome.......and difficult :D

I've officially accepted my offer to the MechE PhD program. Time to start looking for housing! What neighborhoods is everyone else looking in?

Hey babubot, with this thread, I think we can find some info from the thread below. 

Hello again

Is there any person here requiring I-20 or some documents for F-1 visa?

Does your department normally inform you about it? (Which means I just need to relax and wait?)

Or Should it be done by my own hands contacting international-blah-institution in Cornell?

Hello again

Is there any person here requiring I-20 or some documents for F-1 visa?

Does your department normally inform you about it? (Which means I just need to relax and wait?)

Or Should it be done by my own hands contacting international-blah-institution in Cornell?

Hi again! I contacted the graduate school! They told me that once our department sends some appropriate documents to the grad school and they are processed, the will contact us with more details on the next steps (including visa). So Ithink  we just have to relax!

Hi again! I contacted the graduate school! They told me that once our department sends some appropriate documents to the grad school and they are processed, the will contact us with more details on the next steps (including visa). So Ithink  we just have to relax!

Thanks! Another nice waiting :) 

Cornell website lists a lot of options for on-campus housing. But does anyone have an idea which location would be ideal for someone who will be joining the Computer Science (Engineering) department? The campus is quite spread out so off campus housing near bus stops could be better and closer to where classes will be held. Requesting people who have any info on this to share.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got a mail from Cornell informing me additional steps for international accepted student.

It seeems they took long time to process things up :)

• 2 weeks later...

I will be attending Cornell's MS in Applied Economics and Management. Anybody else in that program? Looking for roomates for the first year. I have been there during my undergrad as an exchange. Feel free to message me if you need help with info about the Campus.

I finally got a mail from Cornell informing me additional steps for international accepted student.

It seeems they took long time to process things up :)

I also got an email a week later than you :) Have you received your I-20?

I also got an email a week later than you :) Have you received your I-20?

Yes, I got it even twice because of an error in first one. F-1 VISA interview is reserved in next week.

By the way, I got wrong vaccine for 'TDAP'. So I have to take it again!! Waste of money :(

Yes, I got it even twice because of an error in first one. F-1 VISA interview is reserved in next week.

By the way, I got wrong vaccine for 'TDAP'. So I have to take it again!! Waste of money :(

Ok nice!how many days did you wait to receive it?

Ok nice!how many days did you wait to receive it?

It took quite a lot. I accepted the offer near the end of March and received I-20 in May......so it took more than a month!

Hi all, congratulations!! I just graduated from Cornell with my bachelors and am getting ready to move across the country for my PhD. Although I'm not staying in Ithaca for graduate school, I've had three years of experience living off campus in a variety of places so I wanted to offer advice on housing or Ithaca in general if anyone needs it! Feel free to message me. Congrats again! Ithaca is one of the most incredible places I could imagine living, and I hope you'll love it too. 

Hi all, congratulations!! I just graduated from Cornell with my bachelors and am getting ready to move across the country for my PhD. Although I'm not staying in Ithaca for graduate school, I've had three years of experience living off campus in a variety of places so I wanted to offer advice on housing or Ithaca in general if anyone needs it! Feel free to message me. Congrats again! Ithaca is one of the most incredible places I could imagine living, and I hope you'll love it too. 

I sent you a message! :)