Jump to content
nini312

Anyone still haven't heard from schools?

Recommended Posts

I'm waiting on Case Western Reserve University and Boston University, Masters in CS...though I've already accepted the offer from Johns Hopkins University

So I'm not anxious for an answer but am curious why it's taking so long...especially Case...

From what I've seen on the Results page it seems Case has been tardy in accepting/rejecting students applying to varied departments!

Maybe they finally decided to take their name seriously and turn the University into a safari :D Funding only if you prove ur a monkey...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm waiting on Case Western Reserve University and Boston University, Masters in CS...though I've already accepted the offer from Johns Hopkins University

So I'm not anxious for an answer but am curious why it's taking so long...especially Case...

From what I've seen on the Results page it seems Case has been tardy in accepting/rejecting students applying to varied departments!

Why are you "waiting" to hear from two schools when you've already accepted an offer from another? That seems highly unethical. I thought the standard paradigm was to accept an offer then withdraw your applications from any other schools to which you applied and were either waiting for a decision or were already on a waitlist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are you "waiting" to hear from two schools when you've already accepted an offer from another? That seems highly unethical. I thought the standard paradigm was to accept an offer then withdraw your applications from any other schools to which you applied and were either waiting for a decision or were already on a waitlist.

I am waiting on Case also, my top choice, the rude and poor secretary has stopped answering the calls this week. Last week she said, "We have not made our final decisions yet. Emails will be send out by the weekend about the decision."

Well, I am ready to wait couple of more weeks as long as I get accepted :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are you "waiting" to hear from two schools when you've already accepted an offer from another? That seems highly unethical. I thought the standard paradigm was to accept an offer then withdraw your applications from any other schools to which you applied and were either waiting for a decision or were already on a waitlist.

It is =/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are you "waiting" to hear from two schools when you've already accepted an offer from another? That seems highly unethical. I thought the standard paradigm was to accept an offer then withdraw your applications from any other schools to which you applied and were either waiting for a decision or were already on a waitlist.

I sent out withdrawal e-mails...they didn't reply...so technically I'm "waiting". :D

I sent out other e-mails even b4 I accepted an offer and didn't receive a reply then...so I don't know if my withdrawl e-mails are making an effect overall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im still waiting on University of Vermont. You would think they would let u know by may in the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's strange, snap. I haven't had any dealings with the Biochem department but the CMB people are fantastic, really helpful. IIRC the Biochem deadline was much later than the CMB one and I only heard a few weeks ago so maybe there will be a comparable lag. Hope you get to hear back soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea the deadline was March 1st.

I was googling for UVM biochem admission stuff when i came across ur post (thats how i found thegradcafe).

I am hopeful until I get a NO (in bold letters).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I applied to Brooklyn College MS School Counseling Program back in November, went on in interview in April, and still have heard nothing as of today! This is my only school so I hope I make it. What are peoples opinions about not hearing back anything and it is May 13th???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey,

I haven't heard from these schools:

1. Case Western Reserve University (MS in Chemical Engg)

2. Ohio State University (MS in Materials Science and Engg) - waitlisted, got email to that effect in early April

3. University of Florida (MS in Materials Science and Engg)

Anyone else to hear from these schools yet?

Slowly freaking out,

Jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am waiting on all 5! [eek]

1.Columbia- MA in Biotechnology

2. UPenn - MA in Biotech

3. Mount Sinai - MA in Biomedical Sciences

4. NYU - MA in Biology

5. Georgetown - MA in Biotechnology

keeping my fingers crossed!

Good luck everyone =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I accepted an offer more than a month ago, so I don't really care, but I still haven't heard from UC Davis ECE department, even though the deadline was over four months ago. I received an email in late April saying all decisions would be made by May 1 (which was already ridiculous), but I'm still (well not really) waiting. The email was pretty clear that many admissions decisions had not been made yet, so this isn't simply a waiting forever to get rejected sort of deal. Based on the survey, this is all to common in this department. It certainly doesn't reflect well on the department, imho. Also, I wonder what kind of graduate quality they are getting when so many students will have already accepted offers by April 15th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

after already getting an awesome, out of nowhere, fully funded acceptance to a great school, i then received an email a few weeks later from another school telling me that i was accepted and i should have received info about it. i emailed saying i received nothing and i also asked about funding. i haven't received a reply nor have i gotten any snail mail about this acceptance. truthfully though, this acceptance is from a lesser school than the surprise acceptance i first received and so i won't be attending this second school. I'd still be curious to know the details though, before i officially tell them 'no'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do schools send out rejection letters immediately or it's as slow as acceptance. I'm having a bad feeling of rejections coming along.....Once June comes, it'll be officially 3 months since I applied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MMblue, I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to this process. I've heard of people never getting an official notice of their rejection. pretty shitty if you ask me, esp considering some of the crazy application fees- a timely response should be common courtesy.

that being said though, I'm waiting on a school that has had my app since Jan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting here. I applied almost 5 months ago to University of Toronto ECE for the M.A.Sc. program. Absolutely no word on my application since then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MMblue, I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to this process. I've heard of people never getting an official notice of their rejection. pretty shitty if you ask me, esp considering some of the crazy application fees- a timely response should be common courtesy.

that being said though, I'm waiting on a school that has had my app since Jan.

Wow, that's just omg. I don't know what to say. :x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I called and got an unofficial rejection from Ohio State back in March, but they never updated the application status to show a rejection and never sent an email or an official paper rejection letter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.