NC State Masters Analytics

throwaway1234

Best of luck everyone!

I applied September 15th, received an interview request a week later, interviewed a week after that, and was admitted 4 days later. I imagine the early application greatly accelerated things. 

Guys this is my first post on this forum.

I applied on december 14th as an international student and got the interview call just yesterday. My interview is on saturday

I was wondering if anyone who had a video conference interview could shed some light on how it was and what types of questions will be asked? I am more interested in the statistics questions they ask. I think

Some one else mentioned to describe a linear regression? Any other stats related questions i should be aware of??

Hi, can I ask are you a complete international student? I mean do you have US education before or you just finished your degree in your country and apply directly to the program?

No i am a complete international student. I dont have a us education and i will finish my degree program in april 2015. Guys any updates on the stats questions

I had my interview today and they only asked me about simple linear regression as far as stats questions go! Hope that helps and good luck!

Hi uncwncsu thanks for the input. Any other questions that i should be aware off.

Most of it is just general interview questions. Like "tell us about yourself" and "why this program?" 

No i am a complete international student. I dont have a us education and i will finish my degree program in april 2015. Guys any updates on the stats questions

Such a torture for me cuz I applied in mid Jan and I'm an international student, tough waiting!!!

Actually I had my interview at the end of Feb, and still havent received a reply. People have interviewed later on and have already received an acceptance (it generally happens in 4 days looking at the info in the forums). Just wanted to know if other people too are in the same boat as me.

Thanks!

Same here although i was interviewed on 7th march. From the previous posts, i believe there is some unofficial wait list. I think that the people who get accepted 2-3 days after their interview are those with excellent profiles and the interview was merely a formality to get it over with. Unfortunetly for the rest of us, we are put on hold until soneone probably rejects or accepts their acceptance offer, hence only the 2 week deadline to accept or reject the offer. At this point no news is good news but if my admission depends on someone rejecting an offer on NCSU, well you dont need to be a genius to determine that the odds arent in our favor. Well atleast thats what i think.

Hi bolzanodubs congrats on your admission. Could you please clear something up for me. When you got the acceptance did u get an email saying you were accepted or were you told to check your status on the ncsu apply grad page.

Thank you!! I received an email from the school directly. Then I checked my status on the NCSU apply grad page and was able to accept the invite there.

Also, to those who aren't aware, they are extending the size of this years cohort from 80 to 120 (as well as moving to a new building) so that should give everyone who's still waiting to hear a bit more hope!

Gpa 3.7/4 from a top 3 undergrad business schook in Pakistan. Majors in accounting and finance. No postgraduate work experience however have 2 internships related to statistics. And i also have my own small business ( a catering company).

Had an interview yesterday (application complete 1/20) so there are either spots still left or they are filling the waitlist, we'll see!  Kathy indicated that at this point final decisions are being made very quickly.

Hi,

I applied as an international student and have my online video conference interview scheduled on 17th March.

hamzaq93 - Since you too appeared for online interview. Can you pls give some idea about the kind of questions asked in the interview ?

Stats questions ?

Thanks

True to their word, fast turn around.  I was accepted today-decision posted online.  My interview question was also to explain simple linear regression in a way that someone non-technical could grasp.  For the in-person there was an actual white board to utilize.  Anyhow, best of luck to those still interviewing and looking forward to meeting/working with those who will be enrolling!

Hi cs14 and other international admits. Did you get a chance to look at the certificate of financial responsibility. Does anyone know what we have to submit along with that: bank statements?bank letter?

Guys after a long wait a decision status is available in my application link. I still havent received an email though?... Is that ok? and just to confirm in the decision status link, there is a link to confirm your intent, you have to fill up the CFR form and the program mentioned is Analytics-MS.. am I right?