NC State Masters Analytics

throwaway1234

@titansurf, from previous posts i saw that they were telling people to reach out if they dont hear within a month or so... did you send an email?

Finally heard back and was told i was selected to take the prereq AA593 601 course in the spring.  My acceptance is then dependent on my performance in the class and a subsequent 2nd interview.  I guess this is good news?

Finally heard back and was told i was selected to take the prereq AA593 601 course in the spring.  My acceptance is then dependent on my performance in the class and a subsequent 2nd interview.  I guess this is good news?

that is WAY better then getting a rejection email... did you have any stats classes in college? it is something that i didnt see happening last year, at least according to the forum...

that is WAY better then getting a rejection email... did you have any stats classes in college? it is something that i didnt see happening last year, at least according to the forum...

I have my MBA and took several masters level stats courses during that time.  Besides my MBA master level econ, finance and stats courses i don't have a very strong math background with a B.A. in History

Edited by titansurf

I have my MBA and took several masters level stats courses during that time.  Besides my MBA master level econ, finance and stats courses i don't have a very strong math background with a B.A. in History

Oh wow, i guess they are getting even more selective this year. This is bad news... will you be doing the class in the spring?

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to make it clear that I don't want to know anything about the interview and that I won't be sharing interview information. I just wanted to see how people were feeling about the admission process :-). I hope you all get in! It is an incredible program. Best of luck! 

• 1 month later...

@jojot Thanks! I got the invitation via email. I could then choose a time slot for the interview. The process is simple and clear. Hope you can get the invitation asap!

Edited by ayuSecret

On 10/9/2015, 11:52:15, wolfpack25 said:

I applied September 2 and was notified of my interview this week. I interview next week and am really nervous but also excited for the opportunity. Good luck to you all!

Hi wolfpack25, have you heard back from the school yet?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, jojot said:

guys, any update? I'm still yet to hear back from the university 

Haven't heard back anything after the interview. And the school will be closed from Dec. 24 to Jan. 1.

I supposed the department is swamped with applications around this time. Don't know how long we have to wait. :mellow:

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, honeybee77 said:

@ayuSecret do you remember the interview dates in january/february by chance?

I actually just checked that for you. The available dates are Jan. 12-15, 20-22, and 26-27. No available dates in Feb. yet.

I can still access the interview dates through a link sent by the program. I hope I didn't violate anything. :huh:

that's so nice, thank you! And I think you should be good--you didn't talk about any details of the interview itself. I'm not really sure why I even asked because I still haven't gotten an update email yet! This is just driving me completely crazy and has me double guessing everything. I need to block this website for a little bit haha!