NC State Masters Analytics

throwaway1234

22 minutes ago, honeybee77 said:

that's so nice, thank you! And I think you should be good--you didn't talk about any details of the interview itself. I'm not really sure why I even asked because I still haven't gotten an update email yet! This is just driving me completely crazy and has me double guessing everything. I need to block this website for a little bit haha!

I completely feel you, I was on the same page. But I kind of taught myself not to over think about it. Let's just be cool!

Edited by ayuSecret

13 hours ago, honeybee77 said:

Just double checking because i'm really paranoid, but what does your application say? mine says submitted, but in a smaller font it says completed. is it supposed to say under review or something?

The same thing. I just got my rej this morning. I have a friend who submitted the app like 5 days ago and got the interview invite 3 days later. She graduated from U. Columbia.

Another friend applied before Dec. 15 but still got no update.

Good luck guys! It's a relief for me. I had been checking my emails several times a day, hopefully I will stop doing this soon.

Edited by ayuSecret

i'm sorry to hear that! It'll definitely be a relief either way. there's also some kind of preference system in terms of how updates are sent, just wish I knew what it was. wishing the best for you in the future! I feel like i'll probably have a similar fate...i submitted my application relatively early.

Edited by honeybee77

6 minutes ago, honeybee77 said:

i'm sorry to hear that! It'll definitely be a relief either way. there's also some kind of preference system in terms of how updates are sent, just wish I knew what it was. wishing the best for you in the future! I feel like i'll probably have a similar fate...i submitted my application relatively early.

Thanks a lot! And best of luck with your applications! Maybe you can send another email to the department and see if they have any updates on you app.

Hi, I had applied around December 15 2015 for Summer Term II 2016. International applicant | application status completed and under review. Waiting it out. Based on previous discussions I think interviews start in Feb. and continue till end of March. Thought talking to people in same situation may relieve some stress.

Ciao.

On 1/15/2016 at 2:00 AM, honeybee77 said:

I sent an update email and I still haven't gotten a reply. Should I accept this as a rejection? I'm not sure what to do here..

@jojot have you heard back yet?

No you shouldn't. They are very busy. I had sent a query mail regarding my application immediately after submission. My application status changed to complete and did not receive a reply either :)
The decisions are sent via a Decision link in your online application and a notification email. 

Hi Folks,

I hav applied for MSA program on 14th Dec and haven't received any interview calls/mail yet. I am an international applicant and unfortunately I am not done with TOEFL exam yet. However, according to their mail they have mentioned they would continue to review our applications without TOEFL score. Having mentioned in the application that I would write TOEFL in jan and if I could actually submit score in Feb.. would that be a problem? Any similar cases, please let me know about your application status and updates.Thanks.

@Pratiksha I completed my application on Dec 14th as well. My application status is Completed. It doesn't say "under review" like it has been mentioned for some of the folks on this forum. I am assuming we will hear back in Feb or March. I wouldn't know about TOEFL as I am exempted from TOEFL based on NCSUs exemption policy.

3 hours ago, Yunglark said:

@honeybee77 I submitted my application on Jan 5th and received my invite to interview the 12th  I think.

If you don't mind answering, it would be great if you could give some insight on your profile.

18 hours ago, Pratiksha said:

Hi Folks,

I hav applied for MSA program on 14th Dec and haven't received any interview calls/mail yet. I am an international applicant and unfortunately I am not done with TOEFL exam yet. However, according to their mail they have mentioned they would continue to review our applications without TOEFL score. Having mentioned in the application that I would write TOEFL in jan and if I could actually submit score in Feb.. would that be a problem? Any similar cases, please let me know about your application status and updates.Thanks.

@Pratiksha I applied in first week of Jan, NCSU took lot of time to match up my TOEFL score to my application yet i have received email from department that they will give complete attention to application and that they working day and night sorting out applications. I think you should be fine.

17 hours ago, Yunglark said:

Hey guys,

Has anyone interviewed recently and been admitted? I interview Friday 1/29 and am curious to know how long it takes to find out!

Good luck everyone!

Good Luck

14 hours ago, Reth said:

If you don't mind answering, it would be great if you could give some insight on your profile.

No problem.

I'm currently senior undergraduate majoring in economics. I have a decent math and statistics background, but my first programming courses are this semester.

I have had a position as a research fellow for the past two years so I have some experience with data, albeit only in excel. Hope that helps!

I applied on 24-Nov and no reply yet. application is in Submitted:incomplete status. I have sent official TOEFL score and waiting for status update.

wait and wait ....