Favorite Rejection Quotes from the Results Page

NoChance

Some good ones from the past few days:

University of Texas (Austin) rejections:

No tacos for me.

I knew I didn't have much of a chance. But it was still disappointing and I said a lot of bad words when I saw it. *beep* *beep* *beep* (That was the censored version)

UC Santa Barbara rejections:

Not that great fit, but still sad not to wear a bathing suit all the time.

I mean who wants to go to school steps near virtual paradise anyway? Investing in sunscreen is so overrated.

Edited by gingin6789

Just saw this and it made me sad. When I visited USC it seemed like an awesome place. Sure the location isn't the safest, but then where is these days?  They've put a decent amount of preventative and precautionary measures in place from what I could tell.

ีUniversity Of Southern California Physics, PhD (F16) Accepted via E-mail on 2 Feb 2016  I 2 Feb 2016
  • report spam
  • My first offer. Still waiting for a better one. Love CQIST but USC is really a dangerous place for Chinese students...

17 minutes ago, piglet33 said:

Just saw this and it made me sad. When I visited USC it seemed like an awesome place. Sure the location isn't the safest, but then where is these days?  They've put a decent amount of preventative and precautionary measures in place from what I could tell.

ีUniversity Of Southern California Physics, PhD (F16) Accepted via E-mail on 2 Feb 2016  I 2 Feb 2016
  • report spam
  • My first offer. Still waiting for a better one. Love CQIST but USC is really a dangerous place for Chinese students...

That is really sad.  Particularly since the poster seems to feel like being Chinese is what makes it dangerous for him/her.

Columbia English 2015 had some really good ones, particularly:

56b0daed7583f_ScreenShot2016-02-02at11.2

and this sad one

56b0db030a255_ScreenShot2016-02-02at11.2

and these salty af ones:56b0db0231355_ScreenShot2016-02-02at11.256b0db039e036_ScreenShot2016-02-02at11.2

1 hour ago, piglet33 said:

• report spam

That's such a bummer. Best wishes to the poster. I lived a block north of USC the summer after I graduated a couple years ago, that security was elaborate. But then you leave campus. Someone was bludgeoned to death 200 feet from our gate, right about the time of night when I would take a walk. Luckily I was out of town at the time...

University Of Chicago English, PhD (F16) Rejected via E-mail on 11 Feb 2016  A 11 Feb 2016
  • Referred to MAPH program... I think I will instead choose the option where I don't pay $50k for the pleasure of being rejected.
University Of Chicago English, PhD (F16) Rejected via E-mail on 11 Feb 2016  A 11 Feb 2016
  • Referred to the MAPH program. No thanks.
  • Rejected from PhD program. "We would love to forward your application to the MAPH program . . ." nah, brah

These three super recent additions had me (sympathetically) cracking up too.

@The Interdisciplinarian The waiting, waiting, waiting is so tough. I've no patience.

I like the self-consoling ones...

University Of Texas At Austin Creative Writing (Fiction), MFA (F16), MFA (F16) Rejected via E-mail on 12 Feb 2016    12 Feb 2016
  • report spam
  • Eh. Good money. Faculty quality has really declined though.

Not a funny one, per se, but the wording on it was interesting:

"Rejected for not being a 'fit' due to my interest in a certain theory/therapy type. APA and ACA Ethics violation."

I'd like to hear more of that story.

(Sorry, not sure how to just link an image of the line like other people are doing)

And another one, this one pretty butthurt:

"I'm such a winner because I didn't get into any schools in my first cycle so that I have to pay $$$ to get a useless mater degree. I score perfectly on GRE (btw, if you want to know, it's 321, I doubt if anyone can beat me). And USC only gives me $28,930 each year. Are they stupid? They aren't going to get me with this. I belong to Harvard. We will see"

^^^ The two above make me rage. Those are offers from good schools! And here I am biting my nails, wondering if I'll get enough funding to eat AND buy dog food. 

I'm sorry. I'm not a bitter crone, I'm not. Just maybe my perceptions of a good offer are skewed. I know it's Southern CA, but geez… they got into schools many people did not, and they were offered funding. No matter what, that's positive on some level. 

3 minutes ago, RCtheSS said:

Wow to both of those. I guess I can understand their frustrations a bit more since it's a doctorate program but still,  what a harsh tone to take.

I feel like the 321 post is making fun of the 320 GRE post (mentioning the master's degree, mentioning 1 point above the other poster's GRE, using a phrase like "such a winner" juxtaposed with "had to do a useless Master's...implying that they really aren't that good...talking about a "perfect" GRE when it isn't exactly a 340).

FWIW, I had an interview with UCSD (I know, it's not USC) and I'd be over the moon with a 27K offer/stipend. Alas, c'est la vie. 

Edited by nevermind

3 minutes ago, Demeter said:

^^^ The two above make me rage. Those are offers from good schools! And here I am biting my nails, wondering if I'll get enough funding to eat AND buy dog food. 

I'm sorry. I'm not a bitter crone, I'm not. Just maybe my perceptions of a good offer are skewed. I know it's Southern CA, but geez… they got into schools many people did not, and they were offered funding. No matter what, that's positive on some level. 

My cat gets sick if I don't buy only the best premium, all meat, no beef canned cat food. She eats better than I do I think. 

3 minutes ago, nevermind said:

I feel like the 321 post is making fun of the 320 GRE post (mentioning the master's degree, mentioning 1 point above the other poster's GRE, using a phrase like "such a winner" juxtaposed with "had to do a useless Master's...implying that they really aren't that good...talking about a "perfect" GRE when it isn't exactly a 340).

FWIW, I had an interview with UCSD (I know, it's not USC) and I'd be over the moon with a 27K offer/stipend. Alas, c'est la vie. 

Good call, it does read like satire upon second glance.

Between this, the Chicago philosophy results and the Trump/student visa comment, I'm not used to the results search being so hostile! 

2 hours ago, fortsibut said:

And another one, this one pretty butthurt:

"I'm such a winner because I didn't get into any schools in my first cycle so that I have to pay $$$ to get a useless mater degree. I score perfectly on GRE (btw, if you want to know, it's 321, I doubt if anyone can beat me). And USC only gives me $28,930 each year. Are they stupid? They aren't going to get me with this. I belong to Harvard. We will see"

All I could think of:

200_s.gif