Favorite Rejection Quotes from the Results Page

NoChance

University Of Chicago Economics, PhD (F16) Wait listed via E-mail on 15 Apr 2016 O 15 Apr 2016
  • report spam
  • Please decline Chicago, its my dream school. You will fail the first year exams and dropout, (read EJMR if you dont belive me) go to other programs!.

Well, that's a convincing way to get off the waitlist.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a rejection per se, but lol:

• I do not have assistantship please help me get a USA cosigner to take a loan in a USA bank with low interest. My immediate brother just traveled to USA as a green card winner, he will help me pay the loan ASAP. From Fall2017 I believe I will get assistantship/scholarship. Contact: llovyna@yahoo.com

• 9 months later...

It's about that time of year again. Rejection sucks, but sometimes a little bit of black humor helps. Here is one of my favorites from this year. Feel free to add your own!

Stanford University Economics, PhD (F17) Rejected via Website on 28 Feb 2017 I 28 Feb 2017
  • doesn't matter had sex

Definitely made me chuckle...

"University Of Washington Management, PhD (F17) Rejected via E-mail on 28 Feb 2017 I 28 Feb 2017
  • First rejection! I'm kinda excited about it! (No, I don't have any offers yet!)

My new favorite is from someone who was rejected from Harvard's English Phd: "It was a perfect fit, with two really great POIs. But apparently they didn't think so. 0a/12r. This is my second shut-out two years in a row. Maybe I should channel my rage into law school, become a DC hack and defund the arts out of spite."

this one is a bit funny, i think 

University Of Toronto Occupational And Environmental Health, PhD (F17) Rejected via E-mail on 1 Mar 2017  A 1 Mar 2017
  • report spam
  • Half because I like the program, half because I'm trying to get out of the burning bus that is America. Send help (or Justin Trudeau)!

On 2/19/2016 at 5:52 PM, yayspace said:

"I love everybody, but it's surreal to see a lot of international students accepted into MFA and English Ph.D. Programs who can't even write correct grammar. Hopefully, Mr. Trump will lower student visas so Americans can get into their own schools again."

REALLY? :o

In addition to my general anger at this, I would like to correct his/her grammar, I would suggest that the following two options both sound more eloquent:

'who can't even write grammatically correctly' or 'who can't even use grammar rules correctly'

Perhaps if he had spent his years of speaking English as a first language learning every rule pedantically and reading more widely he/she would know this.

Edited by istanbulnotconstantinople

• 2 weeks later...
Kellogg School Of Management - Northwestern University Organizational Behavior, PhD (F17) Rejected via E-mail on 12 Mar 2017  I 12 Mar 2017
  • report spam
  • YAYYYY rejections.. I am tempted to frame all my rejection letters at this point..enough to make a nice art gallery

Found this one today:

• That moment when you get rejected and they misspell Syracuse (Syracsuse) on the letter. Because of this, I am glad I got rejected. I want to go to a school where they actually know how to spell. How ironic!

Also found this. I definitely support hula dancing.

• 3 strong LORs. 3 2nd author publications and 2 1st author piblications. And I have 2 Masters degrees and 3 years experience in in a Bank and high grades. Maybe they need me to submit a video of myself doing the Hula dance to be admitted.

On 2/25/2014 at 2:10 PM, Crucial BBQ said:

I read one the other day that simply read: "Wow!"

My favorites are more of a type and not any one in particular.  They fall under two categories:

"I have the highest GPA and GRE scores of anyone in the history of the World.  I published in every single research journal on the planet.  I won ten Nobel Prizes last year...I was so positive I was going to be accepted that I moved to [location of school] before I even submitted my application.  Graduate school admissions officers are a bunch of imbeciles who are too ignorant to exist".  A bit of an exaggeration, sure, but these types of "quotes" are there. 

And,

"No biggie.  I knew I was not going to get accepted".  

LMAO!!!! Omg yes!!! I thought I was the ONLY ONE who enjoyed seeing these two types of reactions lmfaaaaaao!!!!

The University Of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign UIUC    Computer Science, Masters (F17)    Accepted via E-mail on 14 Mar 2017 ♦    A    14 Mar 2017    
THE WORLD IS MY OYSTER MWAHAHAHHAHAA

This one made me laugh 

:P

Edited by nicoleMSW

Some people aren't satisfied when they get accepted either smh.

T A&M University (Civil) Structural Engineering, PhD (F17) Accepted via E-mail on 16 Mar 2017 I 16 Mar 2017
  • The similar way, uni of A&M is the greatest joke. They offered me only admission!!!! This is a real exploitation. It seems slaveholding is abolished in united states, but this exactly the same. What are they thinking exactly!!!! Are my ears long??

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/25/2014 at 10:58 AM, serotoninronin said:

"I tried to enter my stats, but my number keys were flooded by a torrent of tears"

on a rejection, "today's my birthday"

What is sad is next weekend is my birthday and I am still waiting on a decision from 2 schools. If I get a decision on my birthday it will suck if it is a rejection.

• 8 months later...
10 minutes ago, HannahRae said:

I thought I would get this started up again because this whole thread is making me feel so much better in this anxious time!

This is my current favorite from the past week. How awkward to be rejected and then tweeted about 

image.thumb.png.96ca95bc789e06fdf6b34411fdc54cfd.png

image.thumb.png.81c615e74b1a5c321bd323f82fbc8023.png

I LOVED THIS.