Favorite Rejection Quotes from the Results Page

NoChance

Another one, as I stalk the results page:

University Of Michigan, Ann Arbor Information, PhD (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 22 Feb 2018 U 22 Feb 2018
  • report spam
  • Can't find a job, can't find a date, and with this, the holy trinity is complete.

22 minutes ago, Navygrrl said:

Another one, as I stalk the results page:

University Of Michigan, Ann Arbor Information, PhD (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 22 Feb 2018 U 22 Feb 2018
  • report spam
  • Can't find a job, can't find a date, and with this, the holy trinity is complete.

I feel for that person if it's true.

2 hours ago, miesvanderrohe said:

Not a quote but I think it's amusing how many people misspell Carnegie Mellon...  :D

You'll notice a lot of the schools are misspelled and I do not think it is on purpose (though very amusing). I know that when you start to type it in, you pick some of the first ones that pop up and the most popular ones are typically odd - but you don't notice right away! The most common MIT posting spells Massachusetts with 3 a's (Massaaachusetts), the University of Washington Seattle one starts with a quotation sign,  etc. It's like it incorrectly auto-corrects it for you based on what you start to put in and whichever is most used. I inadvertently reported receiving an answer from the wrong program because I typed in the major and Grad Cafe changed it for me without me noticing. It's a very weird situation.

In spite of all that, yes, I chuckle every time a school or discipline is spelled wrong. My personal favorite is that Physics defaults to "Physics" as though the website thinks it is a pseudo degree.

1 hour ago, emjayco said:

You'll notice a lot of the schools are misspelled and I do not think it is on purpose (though very amusing). I know that when you start to type it in, you pick some of the first ones that pop up and the most popular ones are typically odd - but you don't notice right away! The most common MIT posting spells Massachusetts with 3 a's (Massaaachusetts), the University of Washington Seattle one starts with a quotation sign,  etc. It's like it incorrectly auto-corrects it for you based on what you start to put in and whichever is most used. I inadvertently reported receiving an answer from the wrong program because I typed in the major and Grad Cafe changed it for me without me noticing. It's a very weird situation.

In spite of all that, yes, I chuckle every time a school or discipline is spelled wrong. My personal favorite is that Physics defaults to "Physics" as though the website thinks it is a pseudo degree.

Emory starts with a strange symbol

Capture d’écran 2018-02-22 à 20.41.49.png

18 hours ago, emjayco said:

5a8f635cbd01c_ScreenShot2018-02-22at7_43_58PM.thumb.png.1eda6b73dd10c4487d1a9a014156bd1a.png

Oh man. Duke Nukem. That's a throwback I have not thought about in quite some time.

I was going to post that one, but then thought that I would look too stalkerish by having posted so many in one day. I'm glad you posted it, though, because it made me giggle.

How does it make you feel?

Stanford University Physics, PhD (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 23 Feb 2018  A 23 Feb 2018
  • REEEEEEEEE
Yale University Bioengineering (Biomedical Engineering), PhD (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 23 Feb 2018 U 23 Feb 2018
  • makes me a sad boy
UC San Diego (UCSD) Biostatiatics, PhD (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 23 Feb 2018 U 23 Feb 2018
  • It’s okay. I’m fine. ?
Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich (ETH Zurich) (Computer Science, Masters (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 23 Feb 2018  I 23 Feb 2018
  • :(
New York Univeristy (NYU) (General) Linguistics, PhD (F18) Rejected via Website on 22 Feb 2018 A 23 Feb 2018
  • Womp womp

Rough day on the results page. I hope everyone is doing okay.

21 hours ago, emjayco said:

5a8f635cbd01c_ScreenShot2018-02-22at7_43_58PM.thumb.png.1eda6b73dd10c4487d1a9a014156bd1a.png

Oh man. Duke Nukem. That's a throwback I have not thought about in quite some time.

A sequel

Duke Religion, PhD (F18) Rejected via Website on 23 Feb 2018 A 23 Feb 2018
  • I'm bitter I wish Duke Nukem can Nuke me so this misery can once and for all be over...

image.thumb.png.6526012e3218a2c1c0a9545fb0ba5241.png

I think I'm more addicted to this forum and reading people's responses then I am to even finding out my own final decisions. At this point, like people have said, I just want to know, but I might keep stalking people's high-quality reactions to acceptances and rejections.

I was looking through the Berkeley submissions, due to some drama on the results, when I across these gems:

UC Berkeley Physics, PhD (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 24 Feb 2018 A 24 Feb 2018
UC Berkeley "Physics", PhD (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 23 Feb 2018  A 24 Feb 2018
  • hep-th. Screw it, let's all just go into finance

Edited: Darn you, random cursor placement!

Edited by Navygrrl

Columbia University (English), PhD (F18) Rejected via Website on 26 Feb 2018 A 26 Feb 2018

• Columbia? Oh honey, I met her once on 116th and Amsterdam and, honey, she done looked better!

Oh Honey. Ohhhh Honey. Hooooonnnneeeyyyyyy.

On 2/26/2018 at 4:39 PM, Navygrrl said:

I was looking through the Berkeley submissions, due to some drama on the results, when I across these gems:

UC Berkeley Physics, PhD (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 24 Feb 2018 A 24 Feb 2018
UC Berkeley "Physics", PhD (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 23 Feb 2018  A 24 Feb 2018
  • hep-th. Screw it, let's all just go into finance

Edited: Darn you, random cursor placement!

06a206c72797c8db0af932058fd3125510058853

Isn't that right, Lester?

Calling random people Chad (or maybe Tammy/Becky) is always the best insult. [sorry to the Chads and Tammys and Beckys of the world]