Favorite Rejection Quotes from the Results Page

NoChance

They stole my idea.  I don't think I am getting in so at least someone else did it.

Columbia University (GSAS) Statistics, PhD (F18) Accepted via E-mail on 26 Feb 2018  A 26 Feb 2018
  • report spam
  • Imma get a scholarship to king's college, probly shouldn't brag but dag I amaze and astonish

image.thumb.png.d7fba37f6ed76f8c9a561deccc4e4a8b.png

Not exactly a rejection, but I guess this poster is a troll? The min. score on the GRE is 130 on either section, and I really doubt that this guy got 1.5 on the AWA(the poster seems fairly fluent judging by the comment). I suppose he's trying to get people riled up over the 'unfair' advantage that minorities have in the admissions process.

13 hours ago, Cal1gula said:

image.thumb.png.d7fba37f6ed76f8c9a561deccc4e4a8b.png

Not exactly a rejection, but I guess this poster is a troll? The min. score on the GRE is 130 on either section, and I really doubt that this guy got 1.5 on the AWA(the poster seems fairly fluent judging by the comment). I suppose he's trying to get people riled up over the 'unfair' advantage that minorities have in the admissions process.

LOL yikes... yeah, I would guess troll. But yikes.

Northern Arizona University(NAU) Physics & Astronomy, PhD (F18) Other via Phone on 5 Mar 2018 A 5 Mar 2018
  • previous OP, I just called after seeing your update and they said no decisions have been made...way to freak me out.
Northern Arizona University(NAU) Physics And Astronomy, PhD (F18) Wait listed via E-mail on 28 Feb 2018   28 Feb 2018
  • report spam
  • Upon inquiry, officially waitlisted. If you've been accepted and do not plan on attending, please consider notifying NAU as soon as possible. Thank you.

No acceptances have been posted...ended up calling out some troll toying with my emotions with my top school.

Ole Miss (The University Of Mississippi) Clinical Psychology, PhD (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 15 Dec 2017   15 Dec 2017
  • report spam
  • Wow. Really disappointed that in the era of Trump I still need experience. Your loss, Ole Miss.

I only just found this thread, but I remembered this post from December and had to share. Gave me a good laugh then, just as this thread is now.

This has got to be a troll, right?

University Of Chicago (Sociocultural) Anthropology, PhD (F18) Accepted via E-mail on 7 Mar 2018  A 7 Mar 2018
  • Damn feeling good but hard to make my final decision! Accepted: Chicago, Stanford, Boston, Virginia, Emory, Brown, Pennsylvania, Australian National University, Toronto, Indiana Bloomington, Clark University, Cambridge, Leeds, Amsterdam, Uni Heidelberg, Universitat Hamburg, Max Planck Institute, St. Andrews, Manchester, and École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales. Wait-listed: Yale, UCLA, Columbia, Rutgers, Georgia, Vanderbilt, Duke, UC Berkeley, North Carolina, and Cornell. Rejected: Harvard, UC Santa Cruz, UC San Diego, MIT, Oxford, UCL, Edinburgh, Michigan, Leiden, London school of economics, Sussex, SOAS London, Alberta, Aberdeen, Sydney and Uni. British Columbia.
Edited by MandarinOtter

10 minutes ago, MandarinOtter said:

University Of Chicago (Sociocultural) Anthropology, PhD (F18) Accepted via E-mail on 7 Mar 2018  A 7 Mar 2018
  • Damn feeling good but hard to make my final decision! Accepted: Chicago, Stanford, Boston, Virginia, Emory, Brown, Pennsylvania, Australian National University, Toronto, Indiana Bloomington, Clark University, Cambridge, Leeds, Amsterdam, Uni Heidelberg, Universitat Hamburg, Max Planck Institute, St. Andrews, Manchester, and École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales. Wait-listed: Yale, UCLA, Columbia, Rutgers, Georgia, Vanderbilt, Duke, UC Berkeley, North Carolina, and Cornell. Rejected: Harvard, UC Santa Cruz, UC San Diego, MIT, Oxford, UCL, Edinburgh, Michigan, Leiden, London school of economics, Sussex, SOAS London, Alberta, Aberdeen, Sydney and Uni. British Columbia.

Uh, I'd bet it's a troll... that would have been like $4,500 in application fees... and a full-time job filling them out.

11 minutes ago, MandarinOtter said:

I feel like I could pay off my undergrad loans with those application fees alone. 

Today under creative writing MFA programs:

"Can people who get two rejections stop complaining about the devastating amount of rejections they've received"

Also today, a rejection from Michener's super competitive MFA program:

"Even NASA had some trouble when first shooting for the stars...keep writing everyone! "

I love all you people with pithy and elegant words to share. 

On 8/3/2018 at 9:26 PM, MandarinOtter said:

That's definitely a troll... Phd applications in Europe are completely different, you have to submit a research proposal in accordance with a professor there. It's just impossible to submit more than one or two applications per cycle. 

1 hour ago, iciclethe828 said:

What's surprises me is not getting rejected, but how rude the people are who answer the phones."

-Iowa Creative Writers Workshop Rejection

Amen. That's why I'm not calling my last school... don't want to incur WRATH.

Also this one:

• To the poster below who is waiting on BU and NYU: I am also waiting to hear anything from these two final schools. BU Im not sure has notified nearly anyone yet (at least from what I’ve heard). NYU though feels like it’s maybe a lost cause at this point, though if that’s the case I wish they’d just let us know so I can return to worrying about run-of-the-mill stuff instead (what’s inside black holes, is this peanut butter going to give me cancer, etc)