Jump to content
NoChance

Favorite Rejection Quotes from the Results Page

Recommended Posts

"Oh Honey" person gets admission in my book:

"Harvard? Oh honey, I got that once on a cruise and, honey, a quick dab of Bengay clears it right up!"

"Columbia? Oh honey, I met her once on 116th and Amsterdam and, honey, she done looked better!

"Rutgers? Oh honey, I was in a rut too, but then Ben & Jerry’s came out with those non-dairy ice creams, and honey, I am in a better place now!"

"Yale? Oh honey, I’m already in New Heaven and honey, it’s called a handful of kettle corn!"

"Princeton? Oh yes, honey! Prince ME! Honey, I’m ready to be the next Meghan Markle, honey!"

"Johns Hopkins? Oh honey, that’s my Friday night. Honey, first it’s John, and then it’s Hopkins!"

"UChicago? Oh honey, Hyde Park, honey? No thanks, honey. Goodness knows what’s hidin’ in THAT park!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Actually I do not understand of my rejection by emory. I come from one of the top schools in China, also have a honor degree towards chemistry. I have three papers accepted, including 2 second authorship and 1 forth authorship, as well as another paper as the first authorship being reviewed by ChemPlusChem. Additionally, I have four every strong ROLs from my professors, including one ROL from a UC Los Angeles professor. All in all, good luck to those who have been admitted by Emory University, enjoy yourself there ! If I had the chance again, I would not apply for Emory again, it is not worthy for me to do this.

One of the classic "I am a gift from god screw you guys" responses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Dear Candidate, Thank you for giving us your hard earned $90. Now that we have your money, which we had summarily tossed down a flight of stairs to determine whether we will read your application or not, we regret to inform you that there were many other applicants with much better luck than you. Have a nice life, and please don't contact us again, because we'll get a restraining order. Seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, crackademik said:
  • Actually I do not understand of my rejection by emory. I come from one of the top schools in China, also have a honor degree towards chemistry. I have three papers accepted, including 2 second authorship and 1 forth authorship, as well as another paper as the first authorship being reviewed by ChemPlusChem. Additionally, I have four every strong ROLs from my professors, including one ROL from a UC Los Angeles professor. All in all, good luck to those who have been admitted by Emory University, enjoy yourself there ! If I had the chance again, I would not apply for Emory again, it is not worthy for me to do this.

One of the classic "I am a gift from god screw you guys" responses.

That ending kinda pathetic, but life's hard for international applicants...

Edited by Moontide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Moontide said:

That ending kinda pathetic, but life's hard for international applicants...

I think his/her downfall was English!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*sips from delicious glass of white tears*

"BS in Biochemistry at Temple U. 6 month undergraduate research in biophysics (wet lab), 6 months undergraduate research in Computational biophysics, and 2 years as a research technician in pathobiology at UPenn. 3 co-authors and currently submitting a first author paper. 4 LORs. Rejected via email. I'm a middleclass white male. I'm not saying I'm the best candidate, but if you arent a female or URM, you will most likely be rejected. On their program overview page it says over the past few years 61% were female and 31% URM. Good luck to all of you hard working white men out there!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, HopingForOne said:

2026449451_ScreenShot2019-01-11at20_06_56.thumb.png.5301c8d053a14f85cf7d652a804049c0.png

nothing wrong with marrying a rich dude 

That one killed me. Some ideas for my upcoming rejections 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
University Of Pennsylvania BGS, Biochemistry And Molecular Biophysics, PhD (F19) Rejected via E-mail on 10 Jan 2019  A 12 Jan 2019
  • report spam
  • BS in Biochemistry at Temple U. 6 month undergraduate research in biophysics (wet lab), 6 months undergraduate research in Computational biophysics, and 2 years as a research technician in pathobiology at UPenn. 3 co-authors and currently submitting a first author paper. 4 LORs. Rejected via email. I'm a middleclass white male. I'm not saying I'm the best candidate, but if you arent a female or URM, you will most likely be rejected. On their program overview page it says over the past few years 61% were female and 31% URM. Good luck to all of you hard working white men out there!

Classic. Lol!!!

University Of Pennsylvania MCGD, PhD (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 13 Jan 2019    12 Jan 2019
  • report spam
  • To the UPenn poster below... I am Native American and biologically female, have a second-author paper in Science and a first-author in a very minor journal, as well as 1 year of full-time research experience and all the works. Also got rejected. Top programs are always a coin-toss after a certain threshold is met, I don't think it has anything to do with your race or gender.
University Of Pennsylvania BGS, PhD (F19) Interview via Other on 13 Jan 2019    12 Jan 2019
  • report spam
  • To my fellow white dude below: I was given an interview at penn (as well as been rejected from a looot of other top programs). All of these programs are hyper competitive and it only begots bitterness to bellitle the success of others... even if they don’t look like you.

Fight on! Hahaha, I'm dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, hotchocolate123 said:

*sips from delicious glass of white tears*

"BS in Biochemistry at Temple U. 6 month undergraduate research in biophysics (wet lab), 6 months undergraduate research in Computational biophysics, and 2 years as a research technician in pathobiology at UPenn. 3 co-authors and currently submitting a first author paper. 4 LORs. Rejected via email. I'm a middleclass white male. I'm not saying I'm the best candidate, but if you arent a female or URM, you will most likely be rejected. On their program overview page it says over the past few years 61% were female and 31% URM. Good luck to all of you hard working white men out there!"

Holy shit I am drinking deep of these "hard working white men" tears rn.  Good riddance to this dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not exactly a rejection, but this was amusing enough... 

Trump University Politics, Philosophy And Economics, PhD (F19) Accepted via Other on 15 Jan 2019  I 15 Jan 2019
  • report spam
  • Turning down the offer because they didn't offer me a ladder to get across the wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CancerBiology said:

I honestly want to be friends with some people who posted this hahah

Yup. Same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.