Favorite Rejection Quotes from the Results Page

NoChance

<p>

UCSB Physics getting some love:

• I didn't even cared..:P I'm going to a better university
  • hep-th. They should specify that they will not admit any international student beforehand, so that I do not need to waste my ****ing application fee.

• Accepted to Harvard, Pton, Caltech, Uchicago, Cornell. UC suck balls Don't apply to this place if you are an international student.
  • Lol ok UCSB, I'll be going to Harvard instead.
  • Grand Theft Application - Santa Barbara
  • UCSB, from all the internation applicants: Go **** yourself!!
  • UC grad schools are well known for not really admitting international students, especially USCB. UCSB is such a theft that they charge $105 fee and just dump internationals' applications without even reviewing. UCSB, please suck your balls t(^-^ t)

I'm not even sure I'll go there but those are harsh words and I feel for UCSB. Don't know about the physics department but I'm international and I had no trouble getting accepted, as did some other international prospectives.

University Of Kansas Creative Writing - Fiction, PhD (F14) Rejected via Website on 12 Mar 2014 A 12 Mar 2014

They emailed me to tell me a letter had been posted to the myweb portal. The eventual letter was actually really rude on top of that. Oh well.

Discouraging winds blowing from my alma mater. Seems that next to nobody is getting into KU. Maybe I saved myself from some more poignant disappointment than what I've already received...

So University of Oregon's masters program for speech-language pathology sent rejections out and here are a couple responses..

"You can't sit with us!!! -Oregon"

and

"Wasn't expecting to be rejected from here, and to add insult to injury the email only included was a file called "deny.pdf" I found this quite rude."

They couldn't have named the pdf something a little nicer?

"Wasn't expecting to be rejected from here, and to add insult to injury the email only included was a file called "deny.pdf" I found this quite rude."

That's just cruel. 

Edited by PsycD

Illinois State Speech Language Pathology MastersRejected via Website on Mar. 14 2014

"I pulled out a bowl to put soup in, I have forgotten if I put the soup in because I see the can not opened, but why is my bowl full, oh because I have a bowl full of tears, rejection soup, with a combination of five different types of rejects"

This made me laugh. Good luck man!

McMaster Cognitive Science of Language PhD: 

• Attended their open house in October, which is a way to discriminate future students, and met some faculty members. Thought one of them was interested in my research proposal. It seems they only admit local students who only know one language and are socially awkward. Fick dich, Catherine, bloede kuh.

Illinois State Speech Language Pathology MastersRejected via Website on Mar. 14 2014

"I pulled out a bowl to put soup in, I have forgotten if I put the soup in because I see the can not opened, but why is my bowl full, oh because I have a bowl full of tears, rejection soup, with a combination of five different types of rejects"

This made me laugh. Good luck man!

Lol maybe they should've been applying to creative writing programs!

•  
Colorado School Of Mines Geophysics, Masters (F14) Rejected via E-mail on 12 Mar 2014 I 14 Mar 2014
  • What do these people want?!!! Who has gotten an admission and what special powers do they have?

University Of Maryland Materials Science And Engineering, PhD (F14) Rejected via E-mail on 14 Mar 2014 ♦ I 14 Mar 2014

contacted a professor, he let me apply but then no news from him anymore sigh~

"He let me apply?"

I imagined a professor dressed up like Gandalf yelling YOU SHALL NOT APPLY

Edited by EngineerGrad

University of Toronto (Political Science Phd (F14) Comparative)

Rejected March 14

Note: "Emailed the department after seeing the posts here. Got a fully funded offer at Michigan, so I'll still be in the north! WINTER IS COMING. YOUR LOSS CANADA."

As a Canadian, this made me laugh out loud. But seriously, the north IS Canada. We ARE winter ;)

Rejected March 14

Note: "Emailed the department after seeing the posts here. Got a fully funded offer at Michigan, so I'll still be in the north! WINTER IS COMING. YOUR LOSS CANADA."

As a Canadian, this made me laugh out loud. But seriously, the north IS Canada. We ARE winter ;)

I'm an American and I got a kick out of that one lol 

Rejected March 14

I'm from Michigan and we are pretty much Canada Light. We even have Tim Hortons.

University Of Minnesota Electrical Engineering, PhD (F14) Accepted via Website on 14 Mar 2014 I 15 Mar 2014

• Admission without funding. Well, the average selling price in my country for the kidneys is not enough to cover half the cost of attendance. Darn it, they did not even offer a tuition reduction.

Funny and depressing at the same time. 

Penn State Economics:

• (music intro) And I don't want to world to see me, cuz I don't think that they understand, and when Penn state says they reject you. then they could go and shove it up their arse, They could go and shove it up their arse.... (music outro)

Creativity points?

Penn State Economics:

• (music intro) And I don't want to world to see me, cuz I don't think that they understand, and when Penn state says they reject you. then they could go and shove it up their arse, They could go and shove it up their arse.... (music outro)

Creativity points?

This did make me laugh.  Following the trend of misspellings and also Penn State, the other day I noticed an acceptance to "Peen State" and nearly lost it in public.

University Of Oxdord

Archaeology (DPhil), PhD (F14)

Accepted via E-mail on 20 Mar 2014

Gets in to Oxford.....

misspells Oxford.

Nono, Oxdord is their American sister school. A+ for this grad-to-be!