Jump to content
NoChance

Favorite Rejection Quotes from the Results Page

Recommended Posts

Another one, as I stalk the results page:

University Of Michigan, Ann Arbor Information, PhD (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 22 Feb 2018 U 22 Feb 2018
  • report spam
  • Can't find a job, can't find a date, and with this, the holy trinity is complete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Navygrrl said:

Another one, as I stalk the results page:

University Of Michigan, Ann Arbor Information, PhD (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 22 Feb 2018 U 22 Feb 2018
  • report spam
  • Can't find a job, can't find a date, and with this, the holy trinity is complete.

I feel for that person if it's true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, miesvanderrohe said:

Not a quote but I think it's amusing how many people misspell Carnegie Mellon...  :D

You'll notice a lot of the schools are misspelled and I do not think it is on purpose (though very amusing). I know that when you start to type it in, you pick some of the first ones that pop up and the most popular ones are typically odd - but you don't notice right away! The most common MIT posting spells Massachusetts with 3 a's (Massaaachusetts), the University of Washington Seattle one starts with a quotation sign,  etc. It's like it incorrectly auto-corrects it for you based on what you start to put in and whichever is most used. I inadvertently reported receiving an answer from the wrong program because I typed in the major and Grad Cafe changed it for me without me noticing. It's a very weird situation.

In spite of all that, yes, I chuckle every time a school or discipline is spelled wrong. My personal favorite is that Physics defaults to "Physics" as though the website thinks it is a pseudo degree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, emjayco said:

You'll notice a lot of the schools are misspelled and I do not think it is on purpose (though very amusing). I know that when you start to type it in, you pick some of the first ones that pop up and the most popular ones are typically odd - but you don't notice right away! The most common MIT posting spells Massachusetts with 3 a's (Massaaachusetts), the University of Washington Seattle one starts with a quotation sign,  etc. It's like it incorrectly auto-corrects it for you based on what you start to put in and whichever is most used. I inadvertently reported receiving an answer from the wrong program because I typed in the major and Grad Cafe changed it for me without me noticing. It's a very weird situation.

In spite of all that, yes, I chuckle every time a school or discipline is spelled wrong. My personal favorite is that Physics defaults to "Physics" as though the website thinks it is a pseudo degree.

Emory starts with a strange symbol

 

 

Capture d’écran 2018-02-22 à 20.41.49.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, emjayco said:

5a8f635cbd01c_ScreenShot2018-02-22at7_43_58PM.thumb.png.1eda6b73dd10c4487d1a9a014156bd1a.png

Oh man. Duke Nukem. That's a throwback I have not thought about in quite some time.

I was going to post that one, but then thought that I would look too stalkerish by having posted so many in one day. I'm glad you posted it, though, because it made me giggle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does it make you feel?

 

Stanford University Physics, PhD (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 23 Feb 2018  A 23 Feb 2018
  • REEEEEEEEE
Yale University Bioengineering (Biomedical Engineering), PhD (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 23 Feb 2018 U 23 Feb 2018
  • makes me a sad boy
UC San Diego (UCSD) Biostatiatics, PhD (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 23 Feb 2018 U 23 Feb 2018
  • It’s okay. I’m fine. ?
Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich (ETH Zurich) (Computer Science, Masters (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 23 Feb 2018  I 23 Feb 2018
  • :(
New York Univeristy (NYU) (General) Linguistics, PhD (F18) Rejected via Website on 22 Feb 2018 A 23 Feb 2018
  • Womp womp

 

Rough day on the results page. I hope everyone is doing okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, emjayco said:

5a8f635cbd01c_ScreenShot2018-02-22at7_43_58PM.thumb.png.1eda6b73dd10c4487d1a9a014156bd1a.png

Oh man. Duke Nukem. That's a throwback I have not thought about in quite some time.

A sequel

 

Duke Religion, PhD (F18) Rejected via Website on 23 Feb 2018 A 23 Feb 2018
  • I'm bitter I wish Duke Nukem can Nuke me so this misery can once and for all be over...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.6526012e3218a2c1c0a9545fb0ba5241.png

I think I'm more addicted to this forum and reading people's responses then I am to even finding out my own final decisions. At this point, like people have said, I just want to know, but I might keep stalking people's high-quality reactions to acceptances and rejections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking through the Berkeley submissions, due to some drama on the results, when I across these gems:

UC Berkeley Physics, PhD (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 24 Feb 2018 A 24 Feb 2018
UC Berkeley "Physics", PhD (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 23 Feb 2018  A 24 Feb 2018
  • hep-th. Screw it, let's all just go into finance

 

Edited: Darn you, random cursor placement!

 

Edited by Navygrrl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Columbia University (English), PhD (F18) Rejected via Website on 26 Feb 2018 A 26 Feb 2018

 

  • Columbia? Oh honey, I met her once on 116th and Amsterdam and, honey, she done looked better!

 

Oh Honey. Ohhhh Honey. Hooooonnnneeeyyyyyy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2018 at 4:39 PM, Navygrrl said:

I was looking through the Berkeley submissions, due to some drama on the results, when I across these gems:

UC Berkeley Physics, PhD (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 24 Feb 2018 A 24 Feb 2018
UC Berkeley "Physics", PhD (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 23 Feb 2018  A 24 Feb 2018
  • hep-th. Screw it, let's all just go into finance

 

Edited: Darn you, random cursor placement!

 

06a206c72797c8db0af932058fd3125510058853

Isn't that right, Lester?

Calling random people Chad (or maybe Tammy/Becky) is always the best insult. [sorry to the Chads and Tammys and Beckys of the world]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.