Jump to content

Favorite Rejection Quotes from the Results Page


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Alas, Harvard isn't ready for this jelly."

Ok, there was one (not going to try to find it) that said, after an acceptance, something like,   "I saw a moose today and took it as a good omen. It was."   And then someone afterwards who was re

"Fine! I'll go make my own geophysics department! With blackjack! And hookers!"

Posted Images

University Of California, Santa Barbara English, PhD (F19) Rejectedvia E-mail on 15 Feb 2019  A 14 Feb 2019
  •  
  • Email to check site. Couldn't even do us the honor of a departmental rejection. Have fun using my $105 on beach umbrellas ya punks.

 

punks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what I also find hilarious? How some universities are kinder. I got rejected from to so far. The first rejection letter was from the head of the graduate office and the second was probably the most automatisized response of all time

Link to post
Share on other sites
Yale University Clinical Psychology, PhD (F19) Other via Other on 15 Feb 2019   15 Feb 2019
  • report spam
  • Alright children, get your sh** together. First, to all the haters out there. 4 offer poster has the right to consider their options and choose the program they like the most and they have until April 15th to do so. It is NOT greedy, but yeah, it would be nice if they could decide sooner rather than later. Also @4 offers, listen you entitled sh**, yes, you worked hard and you probably deserve those acceptances but that does not mean that others who did not get the same results did not work as hard or even harder than you did. Be thankful for what you have because grad admissions are quite random. So f you too.

 

SING IT

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vallaboop said:
Yale University Clinical Psychology, PhD (F19) Other via Other on 15 Feb 2019   15 Feb 2019
  • report spam
  • Alright children, get your sh** together. First, to all the haters out there. 4 offer poster has the right to consider their options and choose the program they like the most and they have until April 15th to do so. It is NOT greedy, but yeah, it would be nice if they could decide sooner rather than later. Also @4 offers, listen you entitled sh**, yes, you worked hard and you probably deserve those acceptances but that does not mean that others who did not get the same results did not work as hard or even harder than you did. Be thankful for what you have because grad admissions are quite random. So f you too.

 

SING IT

Whatever fight has been going on in the clinical psychology posts today needs to stop. I can't tell, but I think someone started trolling pretty hard after this, bragging about 5 acceptances, while someone else posted lengthy guidelines about turning down offers after a week. At first it was pretty funny, then it just got toxic. 

EDIT: Just to be clear, I agree with the person in this screencap. Preach. 

Edited by ringoandme
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ringoandme said:

Whatever fight has been going on in the clinical psychology posts today needs to stop. I can't tell, but I think someone started trolling pretty hard after this, bragging about 5 acceptances, while someone else posted lengthy guidelines about turning down offers after a week. At first it was pretty funny, then it just got toxic. 

EDIT: Just to be clear, I agree with the person in this screencap. Preach. 

I only saw some of the fight but I agree, people need to take a chill pill. Although apparently clinical psych PhD admissions are extra brutal hence the aggression. 🤷‍♀️

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ringoandme said:

Whatever fight has been going on in the clinical psychology posts today needs to stop. I can't tell, but I think someone started trolling pretty hard after this, bragging about 5 acceptances, while someone else posted lengthy guidelines about turning down offers after a week. At first it was pretty funny, then it just got toxic. 

EDIT: Just to be clear, I agree with the person in this screencap. Preach. 

I always find it ironic when a group of people who are supposed to be aspiring psychologists lose their cool.  It's like a doctor that gives themself a disease.  I mean, aren't you supposed to be the one who teaches people how not to do that?

SC-Lasden-Tower-401-burns-12-6-15.jpg

Edited by Ternwild
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ringoandme said:

When I finally get rejection notices, I plan to post something super funny to lighten things up and hopefully land a spot on this thread. There's enough anger in this world already, don't need more here. 

I can only imagine how toxic it must be, politically, in Texas right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kendalldinniene said:

That is just f****ed

Ha that was me, just an attempt at humor there as I got gunned down again in this application season-no professional program would actually send an email like that.  😃  The email itself, though generic, was really nice!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fortsibut said:

Ha that was me, just an attempt at humor there as I got gunned down again in this application season-no professional program would actually send an email like that.  😃  The email itself, though generic, was really nice!

Hahaha I’m relived but also wish you had better news. Not sure what it says about my responses that I thought this was real except...some have been real shitty 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fortsibut said:

Ha that was me, just an attempt at humor there as I got gunned down again in this application season-no professional program would actually send an email like that.  😃  The email itself, though generic, was really nice!

That is a relief. I was on my way to questioning the integrity of Wisconsin as an institution. 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kendalldinniene said:

Hahaha I’m relived but also wish you had better news. Not sure what it says about my responses that I thought this was real except...some have been real shitty 🤣

I appreciate that!  😃  Holding out hope for Cornell; I felt that it was my strongest of my applications this year and best fit (also my dream program!) so hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be busting out the champagne!  Congrats on your acceptances, happy for you that you have a couple in the bag already!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fortsibut said:

I appreciate that!  😃  Holding out hope for Cornell; I felt that it was my strongest of my applications this year and best fit (also my dream program!) so hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be busting out the champagne!  Congrats on your acceptances, happy for you that you have a couple in the bag already!!

Rooting for you new friend!!! Get that dream program! And thank you 😊 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.