No Decision Notifications—Wait it out or contact department

BeatBackBones

Hey guys, I'm still waiting to here back from UChicago and Cornell, in any capacity. I figure I've been reject from both, or at least UChicago, without the hope of wait-list, but I see others have received official rejections so I'm wondering if I screwed something up along the way.

I've also check the application review activity purgatory place and didn't see anything new. Any ideas? Should I wait it out or contact the departments next week? I don't want to be that guy who starts harassing them after a rejection, but I want to get it right next year.

I heard from U Chicago today so be sure to check your spam. If nothing is there...you may be on the waitlist, or else why not reject you outright with the rest of us?

U Chicago's Philosophy Dept. doesn't do waitlists. So my guess is that you're either rejected outright or rejected with an MAPH offer.

Thanks guy, I'd be stoked to even get waitlisted at this point haha. I will try to get in touch with them on Monday and let you guys know if there's any news outside of another round of rejections coming. 

Thanks guy, I'd be stoked to even get waitlisted at this point haha. I will try to get in touch with them on Monday and let you guys know if there's any news outside of another round of rejections coming. 

Can I ask what made you only apply to top 10 programs and 1 mid ranked? Seems awful risky.

Can I ask what made you only apply to top 10 programs and 1 mid ranked? Seems awful risky.

Sure, a recommender's husband had died later in the application process and I wasn't able to replace her with any other professors I trust/know my work/have witnessed my long-term progress, so I ended up not submitting the apps I hadn't already paid for because the missing elements seemed like a wasted attempt and a waste of money. 

Sure, a recommender's husband had died later in the application process and I wasn't able to replace her with any other professors I trust/know my work/have witnessed my long-term progress, so I ended up not submitting the apps I hadn't already paid for because the missing elements seemed like a wasted attempt and a waste of money. 

Damn, that's really unfortunate. Lets hope you have some success with the upcoming schools.

Damn, that's really unfortunate. Lets hope you have some success with the upcoming schools.

It happened so late in the process that I was already completely insane, so it actually wasn't that big of a deal haha. Let's just say I've already begun next season's checklist spreadsheet. 

Edited by BeatBackBones