popular things you hate

Guest Gnome Chomsky

It's always interesting when people (presumably) make an account just to complain about something. Especially when they're making an account on the forum that they want to complain about.

tumblr_inline_niyiykqFDE1rbcmt8_zps02e4d

Yikes indeed! Perfect reaction image.

I hate how many pop songs I know all the lyrics to.  I don't even know where I hear them often enough to memorize, but they're everywhere.  Do I like "Blank Space" by Taylor Swift?  Not at all - but I could sing it to you anyways.

Edited by Amayan

Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines - at first I thought it was cool but after hearing it on the radio who knows how many times and everywhere I go, it's getting just a tad bit old...

Uh... Yeah that song makes me sick. The lyrics read like a sexual assault in progress.

Coffee...ugh, even the smell...

Not a fan of coffee, but I love coffee flavored foods. 

I'm sure this is going to go over like a lead balloon here but: alcoholic beverages. They don't taste that good (or at least not as good as beverages without alcohol) and I don't like my brain feeling fuzzy (I've never been drunk, but I suspect I'd be a mean one). We're so obsessed with alcohol as culture (wine tours! craft beers!) and honestly I just don't get it.

All alcoholic beverages taste like piss to me (or at least how I assume piss tastes). Weaker alcoholic beverages, like cider, don't taste completely horrible, like a delicious cheese cake with a smidgen of dog shit in it. 

Edited by spellbanisher

I'm sure this has been mentioned but I HATE Dr. Who. My boyfriend is OBSESSED. I don't get it. It's stupid, the premise makes no sense, and the acting isn't even that good. I don't get it.

I tried to get my SO into Dr. Who, but she pointed out how there are no set rules in the show and they constantly break them to "reinvent" and continue it for a gazillion seasons. So yeah, the premise doesn't make any sense and it's often campy as hell. I have to set those things aside if I want to enjoy the show; it's certainly not like BSG or even Star Trek with their more contained/somewhat logical universes.

Family Guy/South Park, and people who like Family Guy/South Park.

:( :( :(

Jk, haha. Anyway- I totally understand not liking Family Guy. It's dumb most of the time. South Park though actually does some pretty funny political satires. I think I really like these shows because my mom forbade me from watching them as a kid... Then I discovered them in college and went crazy. NevER understood the Simpsons though.

Edited by ERR_Alpha

Peanut butter, tater tots, everything cherry-flavored, and Robert Downey Jr.

Oh yeah! For all of them except the cherry flavor (sometimes) and especially RD Jr. I cannot even stand his "precious" faces in any of his recent movies. That's why I don't enjoy watching Ironman or other movies where he's the main character.

The term "bae"

People who abbreviate everything ("That is totes adorbs")

High-waisted shorts/pants

Crop tops

I don't know about that...

"Totes magotes" - Darth Vader / Mufasa

Edited by <ian>

-Beards
-Hating on guys in skinny jeans and brightly colored mens clothing.  I mean, I know it isn't for everyone, but just because a guy wears bright, pastel colored clothing does not make him gay, or weird. And neither do skinny jeans. Men in well done pastels or a goofy accessory like a pink polka-dotted bowtie or socks make me smile. (obviously, too many of these at once is overwhelming, but one just shows character)

-Hating on feminine looking or well dressed men.

-The great divide between feminine men and duck dynasty men.  Is it ok to be normal anymore? Also, can we stop judging people by their fashion choices?  It seems tribal to me.

-Beards

-Hating on guys in skinny jeans and brightly colored mens clothing.  I mean, I know it isn't for everyone, but just because a guy wears bright, pastel colored clothing does not make him gay, or weird. And neither do skinny jeans. Men in well done pastels or a goofy accessory like a pink polka-dotted bowtie or socks make me smile. (obviously, too many of these at once is overwhelming, but one just shows character)

-Hating on feminine looking or well dressed men.

-The great divide between feminine men and duck dynasty men.  Is it ok to be normal anymore? Also, can we stop judging people by their fashion choices?  It seems tribal to me.

Ok, you first.

Ok, you first.

Haha!  You could be right, but I think there is a difference between not liking something personally, and judging people for liking it.

So, I could say that I don't like cherry soda, and that would be ok.

But saying that everyone who likes cherry soda is weird and has no taste in beverages would be insulting and judgmental.

Edited by Cheshire_Cat

I second the dislike of beards. The trend of beards. The beard movement.

Also, every television talent show. Bicycles. Any national/multinational chain restaurant.

I'm starting to try hard to avoid national chains and only eat at small/independent eateries. It is really hard though since chains seem to have an advantage (I guess they are financially propped up?) and are everywhere. There is a thai place nearby that remembers my name and gives me free thai tea while I wait and I don't get that kind of service at chains.

I like that small businesses seem to be appearing more and more though. Hopefully it continues.

But all this hatred of my beard... It keeps me warm in the winter (Don't Starve / Wilson is pretty realistic) so if I don't choose Arizona it will help me survive. :-(

Edited by <ian>