popular things you hate

Guest Gnome Chomsky

On 12/4/2017 at 2:39 AM, Crucial BBQ said:

I dunno.  If you're talking about hipsters, sure.  Otherwise I believe coffee is too ubiquitous to be considered popular. 

Well popular things are everywhere.  I find that hipsters and non-hipsters are just so obsessed with coffee while I find it disgusting and unnecessary lol.  

• 1 month later...

Summer.  Hate it with a passion. Hate it so much that I got tired of it last June when I lived in Oklahoma and started driving north until it was 75 degrees in the middle of the day. And, that, my friends, is how one comes to live in Minnesota!

outrage culture on twitter? at the same time i live for the drama it causes though

Self help media (90% of them anyway)

super hero movies (except for Spiderman with Toby McGuire cause it was the first movie I watched on theaters)

Taylor Swift's new bad chick persona.

Maluma (reggaeton as a whole, actually. Apparently it's mandatory to like it if you're Latino).

undergrad party culture 

TV comedies (Examples: The Office, How I met Your Mother, Friends)

Twitter (despite that my research will certainly touch on social media)

Swimming (Just not into it)

On 1/27/2018 at 9:39 PM, Carly Rae Jepsen said:

outrage culture on twitter? at the same time i live for the drama it causes though

Self help media (90% of them anyway)

super hero movies (except for Spiderman with Toby McGuire cause it was the first movie I watched on theaters)

Taylor Swift's new bad chick persona.

Maluma (reggaeton as a whole, actually. Apparently it's mandatory to like it if you're Latino).

undergrad party culture 

I agree with all of these except Maluma, but only because I haven't listened enough to have a good opinion, but like, everything else is spot on for me

Shrimp (allergies), apple snobs (I have used ipad for convenience / ebook/ education apps since gen 2 (now the 2017 pro) but don't care for the gimmicky phones with facemoji), overzealous SJWs, people that make drugs a lifestyle (we get it you vape!), any nationality that claims "power/respect" over another nationality. Mostly societal issues I guess lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2018 at 3:01 PM, AccessGranted said:

Shrimp (allergies), apple snobs (I have used ipad for convenience / ebook/ education apps since gen 2 (now the 2017 pro) but don't care for the gimmicky phones with facemoji), overzealous SJWs, people that make drugs a lifestyle (we get it you vape!), any nationality that claims "power/respect" over another nationality. Mostly societal issues I guess lol.

Ran out of reactions for today (eek) but ^this. Aside from not having shrimp allergies (but I'm veggie, so shrimp is a non-starter anyhow) and wanting to know a little more about the 'power/respect' point (though I might still agree)... yes. 

Also, using emojis instead of words. There was actually a really freaky episode of the Ricky Gervais podcast ages and ages ago where Karl Pilkington 'predicts' the future, everyone balks at him, and now just about everything he talks about—including our regression to hieroglyphics via emojis—has since come to pass in one way or another.  

Yearly Mainstream Music trends. Once it was dubstep, and then some electro shiz from daft punk which everyone copied, the next year it was some repeated electro dj mixture with meeep meep uuuh aaah uuuh aaah , and this year was latino year, every song sounded the same. :|