popular things you hate

Guest Gnome Chomsky

I feel you on the Hip Hop point. That always annoyed me. I was a big time Hip Hop follower (the four elements) when I was young: tagging, breaking, rapping, spinning. I "hate" that people don't know what Hip Hop is. I also hate the non-Hip Hop music that has flooded the Hip Hop airways. Everything has singing, a techno beat, and Miley Cyrus on it. What happened to the good ol days? 

I'm just dreading the day Miley decides to do a Beatles cover.

She dropped a cover to Lucy in the sky with diamonds just the other day!

Of course she did... ugh. For lack of anything polite to say, I will leave this instead:

bth_facepalm.jpg

I used to work as an assistant manager at Abercrombie and Fitch. Terrible.

I just don't understand why they play what they do! Some of the marketing they're doing is just plain terrible as well!  A phrase equivalent to "Let's get drunk!" is being used as a "clever" marketing double-entendre for a particular item of clothing. An overtly suggestive title is plastered on the front of a coupon we're handing out.  I have no idea what happened!

My boss once told me that such marketing and lyrics to songs don't matter.  He said "The lyrics could say 'Kill people!' and no one would be listening, they're just listening to it for the beat or the tune!" I wanted to retort, "Yes, but does that make it right??"

Sorry to vent.  As for candy corn, my friend in New Zealand specifically asked me to mail some to her so she could try it, and she loved it.  Her girlfriend had to hide it from her so she wouldn't eat it all at once! I enjoy it, too.  It's an odd candy though, I'll admit.

@SocGirl, I actually love ketchup in just about everything that's not sweet, already tomato-based, or that I have another preferred topping for.  

I have two more things to add to my list:

- sweet breakfast foods, besides cereal (waffles, pancakes, french toast)

- "Breakfast for dinner" or "Breakfast all day" specials.  I'd rather have dinner all day (spaghetti for breakfast sounds wonderful!! I've had sushi for breakfast before, too.) 

Diet fads and other trendy "health" advice. Eurgh. Sometimes they're not that annoying to me, but more often than not, they are.

In general, using the word "healthy" puts me in lecture mode. Sometimes I really wish I didn't care. >_>

Edited by PhDerp

Only food ones come to mind at the moment.

-Fish

-Olives

-Coconut

-Soft cheeses (ie: brie, feta, etc)

-Meat that isn't fully cooked/well done

Edited by jenste

I just don't understand why they play what they do! Some of the marketing they're doing is just plain terrible as well!  A phrase equivalent to "Let's get drunk!" is being used as a "clever" marketing double-entendre for a particular item of clothing. An overtly suggestive title is plastered on the front of a coupon we're handing out.  I have no idea what happened!

My boss once told me that such marketing and lyrics to songs don't matter.  He said "The lyrics could say 'Kill people!' and no one would be listening, they're just listening to it for the beat or the tune!" I wanted to retort, "Yes, but does that make it right??"

Sorry to vent.  As for candy corn, my friend in New Zealand specifically asked me to mail some to her so she could try it, and she loved it.  Her girlfriend had to hide it from her so she wouldn't eat it all at once! I enjoy it, too.  It's an odd candy though, I'll admit.

@SocGirl, I actually love ketchup in just about everything that's not sweet, already tomato-based, or that I have another preferred topping for.  

LOL, so true! Worse yet, I worked in the kids store and some of the stuff we sold was so inappropriate as well as being ridiculously overpriced. I wish I could include A&F in my list of things that I hate it but I still shop there sometimes  :ph34r: .

Oh, here's another: Pho.

As a Vietnamese I am offended. Only we are allowed not to like pho. Wait that's not true. People look at me like I'm an alien when I tell them I don't like pho. So basically nobody's allowed to not like pho at all.

Guest Gnome Chomsky

Oh, here's another: Pho.

It's big in Seattle. I had it my last two times there because you can't find it anywhere down here in Miami. To be honest, there's nothing special about it. I usually get the meat combo one. The broth is flavorless and the meat usually has no flavor. There's really no flavor to it. Sure, if you load up on meat it can fill you up, but that doesn't mean it tastes good. I guess that's why people saturate it with siracha. 

Anything cherry - I just can't. When I get a drink with one in it I either ask for the cherry to be omitted or I plunk it in a friend's drink.

I love it when my friends do this to my drink! We, the cherry-appreciators, are grateful. ;D

Edited by PhDerp