Columbia LSMA

LunaSea

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She specifically said by email. Actually, when I initially asked her she told me that decisions HAD been sent out on Monday and that I should check my email because they contain time sensitive information. I said that I had not received anything so she reconfirmed my email address and I once again told her that I had been checking my email RELIGIOUSLY and there was no way I would have missed it. So then she went and asked someone else and came back and said, "Sorry, decisions were entered into the computer on Monday but they are not being emailed out until tomorrow, so check your email."

Try calling and see what they say...maybe we can get a time estimate! Also, I didn't call Kirsten, I called admissions since the ball is now in their court.

everyone's out to lunch i think. i'll try to call later, egh. when did people turn their app in, btw? just wondering if it makes a difference on when we hear back. i turned my in on april 1st like at 11:50 p.m. ha.

It's almost the end of the day. I called - some lady who didn't know much about admissions said maybe it needed the dean's signature. She also said commencement activities are going on next week so it's busy. She gave me an e-mail address of someone who would know more. I e-mailed no response yet.

Apparently, they must. That is really odd! Especially since the office said the decisions had not been entered into the computer until Monday 11th. Now I'm really confused!

I'm looking at that "accepted survey" again, and someone also said they received a rejection email on Friday 8th as well. So I don't know what their pattern or method is for informing us. Noname- by any chance does your last name begin with an A or letter at the top of the alphabet? lol.

I just called admissions and was told over the phone that I was accepted and that I should have received an email. Apparently their system sends emails out in batches, which is why we would be receiving letters at different times. The woman said that she did not know why I hadn't received anything yet. This is for the HR program. She is going to talk to the IT guy today.

I'm waiting for an email until I officially celebrate, but I recommend calling because it seems like they are having trouble with their system.

I got in according to Madeline Rivera. Whew. Was like 90% sure I was rejected. Can breathe a little easier now but am going to wait for that e-mail before I tell anyone officially. Funny how we all might be classmates.

Hey Lunasea, I went down the list of admission counselors in the directory and one of them transferred me to Madeline. I know it's frustrating. Keep trying. Ask them directly to see if you got in or not. Good luck and congrats to all

Thanks so much! Today are the MA and PhD commencements for GSAS so I doubt I will reach anyone in the office, but I'll keep trying. God I hope they don't have caller ID because my number has probably appeared 10 times in the last 24 hours! lol.

Nope....I emailed last night to let them know but have not heard back. I really can't believe how ridiculous this whole process has been.

If anyone has received an official letter can you post the deadlines or any time sensitive information it contains?

Yes, please if anyone's gotten the letter - and someone did on the 8th - can they post what it said? Also, I'd like to tell people already I got in but don't want to say anything until I have that letter. I don't want to have a letter that says I didn't get in and have to tell people someone in admissions told me I did get in. UGH!!! I don't feel like it's final yet without that letter.