Communication/Media Studies Ph.D Fall 2015--Apps, Decisions, and Waiting...

Some insight into UPenn... it seems they've divided the pile into outright rejects and applications worth further consideration, and might be meeting end of this week (so maybe today) to deliberate...

That makes me even more nervous for some reason.  How did you obtain this info? 

aaaghhh I'm all confused.

1. thanks -hermes- for the info on UPenn

2. UCSD and Wisconsin Madison are already informing people? but Wisconsin Madison unofficially? I see a rejection and a waitlisted in UCSD in results search, anyone claiming those? I have no news of any of those two universities and I'm going sort of crazy.

Congrats on Pitt! What area were you accepted into? I'm waiting on them, and I know they historically operate on a weird timeline! Do you have any insight as to where they are in their process?

History, Theory, and Criticism of Rhetoric. I know that they have sent out acceptances and waitlisted others but I haven't heard anything about rejections as of yet. I received an email on the 4th and was not interviewed beforehand. I only received a phone call after I was accepted and had a long and very pleasant conversation with Dr. Lyne. Given the aforementioned news about unofficial rejections from UW-Madison, I am 100% certain I will be accepting the offer from Pitt. 

I think that Upenn Masters (Intercultural Communication) is in the School of Education, not Annenberg. Annenberg doesn't have a terminal master's program.

Hmm. The one on the results page says intercultural. Do you think that one is in the school of ed also?