UNICEF NETI Program Notifications?

gaitanrd

22 hours ago, jeyjey said:

In my view, it's all about practice and time management. Difficult to offer any advice though as I do think relevant past professional experiences help with the two. 

Thanks. I agree. My impression on the exam was also that candidates with relevant professional experiences in communications have the advantages. Thanks again and good luck with the interview!

Seven months after I have been notified that I am on the NETI Talent Pool, I still did not get an offer for a placement. I was not even contacted for a job interview. When I got the placement notification back in Spring, it felt like it was a big victory, especially since I was told that only a bit over 1% of initiaI applicants have been selected. But now I start thinking that this whole NETI selection process has been a big waste of my time...  

On 10/31/2017 at 7:11 PM, SG_2016 said:

Seven months after I have been notified that I am on the NETI Talent Pool, I still did not get an offer for a placement. I was not even contacted for a job interview. When I got the placement notification back in Spring, it felt like it was a big victory, especially since I was told that only a bit over 1% of initiaI applicants have been selected. But now I start thinking that this whole NETI selection process has been a big waste of my time...  

No its not. NETI's are still getting placed as positions become available. 

19 hours ago, Candleslights said:

Now they will contact the references of all of us or just the ones who pass the interview? 

I went through the process last year as well but I didn't pass the final interview. As far as I understand they only contact the references of those who passed the interview. Best of luck to all of you! 

3 hours ago, erpayo said:

I went through the process last year as well but I didn't pass the final interview. As far as I understand they only contact the references of those who passed the interview. Best of luck to all of you! 

Thanks!! You too! Hey so you were in the final interview last year? People think that everybody who is already in the final interview will pass...but I see is not that. How many were we?

16 hours ago, Candleslights said:

Thanks!! You too! Hey so you were in the final interview last year? People think that everybody who is already in the final interview will pass...but I see is not that. How many were we?

They said over 1,700 people applied...but I don't know how many got to the final interview. 

I'm sure they will contact the references of those who passed the interview only. 

I keep on thinking of how I should have better answered some of the questions!!!! :-S 

Also, my interview was only in English, yours??

16 minutes ago, Markee said:

They said over 1,700 people applied...but I don't know how many got to the final interview. 

I'm sure they will contact the references of those who passed the interview only. 

I keep on thinking of how I should have better answered some of the questions!!!! :-S 

Also, my interview was only in English, yours??

Mine as well, I was expecting at least one question in my second language. And I also keep thinking my answers could have been better! And the phone line was not great... well, we shall see.

Good luck everyone!!

On 10/24/2017 at 3:01 AM, Markee said:

I just got invited to a 45-minute interview! :-)

me too:) best of luck!

17 hours ago, Candleslights said:

I was also in the final interview last year and I was selected for the NETI talent pool (M&E group). They contacted my references the next day. I could see it in my electronic profile - you should have a tab there called "update references". Click on it to enter the reference page, and if you see a message saying  "As reference checking has commenced, reference details can no longer be updated. Please contact us if changes need to be made.", it means they contacted your referees. At least this is how it worked last year. My referees got an email with instructions how to submit their recommendations in the system and with one week deadline. 

Last year there were for sure people who did not pass the interview, because they posted about it in this discussion forum. Last year the whole process was much longer (so I assume there were more candidates too) - the application deadline was at the beginning of August and I had the interview in January. 

I hope this helps.

Good luck! 

4 hours ago, SG_2016 said:

I was also in the final interview last year and I was selected for the NETI talent pool (M&E group). They contacted my references the next day. I could see it in my electronic profile - you should have a tab there called "update references". Click on it to enter the reference page, and if you see a message saying  "As reference checking has commenced, reference details can no longer be updated. Please contact us if changes need to be made.", it means they contacted your referees. At least this is how it worked last year. My referees got an email with instructions how to submit their recommendations in the system and with one week deadline. 

Last year there were for sure people who did not pass the interview, because they posted about it in this discussion forum. Last year the whole process was much longer (so I assume there were more candidates too) - the application deadline was at the beginning of August and I had the interview in January. 

I hope this helps.

Good luck! 

Thanks SG! Wow! They contacted the references the next day! Did anybody from this round got his references contacted already? I guess I'd like to avoid another very long wait ;) 

17 minutes ago, erpayo said:

Thanks SG! Wow! They contacted the references the next day! Did anybody from this round got his references contacted already? I guess I'd like to avoid another very long wait ;) 

17 minutes ago, erpayo said:

They didn't contact my referees yet. And also my interview was entirely in English. Bad connection aswell hahaha. I think they contacted the references of SG the day after because they were way to late (he indicated it was in January already). So maybe they would take more time to deliberate about our applications. Anyway, I'm pretty anxious !

6 hours ago, jeyjey said:

Mine as well, I was expecting at least one question in my second language. And I also keep thinking my answers could have been better! And the phone line was not great... well, we shall see.

Good luck everyone!!

me too:) best of luck!

Does anybody know how many candidates were invited to the final interview? I guess almost 50 ( if they only were invited to interviews in the morning) just doing some numbers ;)

26 minutes ago, Candleslights said:

Does anybody know how many candidates were invited to the final interview? I guess almost 50 ( if they only were invited to interviews in the morning) just doing some numbers ;)

no idea. but that would also be my assumption - also using it as a way to feel better about myself throughout the waiting:))

12 hours ago, Candleslights said:

Do you mean 50 for comms and 50 for HR?  

Btw, during the interview one of the panelists told me that we will be notified about the outcome of the interview by the end of the year. So we are either gonna get a very nice or a damn bad Xmas present!! :-/

8 hours ago, Markee said:

Do you mean 50 for comms and 50 for HR?  

Btw, during the interview one of the panelists told me that we will be notified about the outcome of the interview by the end of the year. So we are either gonna get a very nice or a damn bad Xmas present!! :-/

Do you mean this year they are also looking for HR professionals?  

Hello All.
First of all, this blog has been quite useful, at least to know someone has been passing trough this anxiety just like me. So thank you all. :) 
I had the interview for NETI Communications already and they have not contacted my references. I will be waiting for their positive or negative reply in December. Indeed the whole process was quite demanding. I can also imagine they must cover a wide range of needs according to official languages, meaning it could be a critical criteria for the final selection.

Remember interviews are taking place all along November, so maybe they are still in this process and that is why we haven't seen any other step further.

Q: So lets suppose almost 1700 people applied and 50 are in the final round of interviews. Does anyone know historically how many are selected to join NETI?

Edited by AlbaTrueba
adding something.