UNICEF NETI Program Notifications?

gaitanrd

1 hour ago, AlbaTrueba said:

Hello All.
First of all, this blog has been quite useful, at least to know someone has been passing trough this anxiety just like me. So thank you all. :) 
I had the interview for NETI Communications already and they have not contacted my references. I will be waiting for their positive or negative reply in December. Indeed the whole process was quite demanding. I can also imagine they must cover a wide range of needs according to official languages, meaning it could be a critical criteria for the final selection.

Remember interviews are taking place all along November, so maybe they are still in this process and that is why we haven't seen any other step further.

Q: So lets suppose almost 1700 people applied and 50 are in the final round of interviews. Does anyone know historically how many are selected to join NETI?

Hello Allba. I didn't know interviews were taking place all along November, since the booking interviews were from 30th october-14th november. Or do you mean the evaluation post-interview? I can't say how many will be taken for the NETI pool. Maybe 15? Just guessing here

26 minutes ago, Candleslights said:

Hello Allba. I didn't know interviews were taking place all along November, since the booking interviews were from 30th october-14th november. Or do you mean the evaluation post-interview? I can't say how many will be taken for the NETI pool. Maybe 15? Just guessing here

Yes, I mean post-interview evaluation, but just guessing. I guess we could all be ready to notice our references to be aware. ¿Does anyone has confirmed with their references if they have been contacted? or what do they ask to them usually?

19 hours ago, AlbaTrueba said:

Hello All.
First of all, this blog has been quite useful, at least to know someone has been passing trough this anxiety just like me. So thank you all. :) 
I had the interview for NETI Communications already and they have not contacted my references. I will be waiting for their positive or negative reply in December. Indeed the whole process was quite demanding. I can also imagine they must cover a wide range of needs according to official languages, meaning it could be a critical criteria for the final selection.

Remember interviews are taking place all along November, so maybe they are still in this process and that is why we haven't seen any other step further.

Q: So lets suppose almost 1700 people applied and 50 are in the final round of interviews. Does anyone know historically how many are selected to join NETI?

It is indeed possible that last year they contacted our referees very quickly after the interview because the process had big delays and perhaps they needed to hurry up. Since none of you had their referees contacted by now, perhaps they did not reach that stage yet. But now you know how to check it out in the system. I suggest you do it regularly, since last year my referees had only one week to submit their references and some of them thought the message was a spam and didnt even open it before I contacted them.

Regarding selection: last year for M&E they told me they received about 2000 applications, and at the end they selected 23 for the talent pool. I am not aware though if this is simmilar with other job families.

I know this waiting game is very annoying and source of huge anxiety. But you should think that even if you make it to the talent pool, a job is not guaranteed. You can still wait for months - if not years - to get an actual offer in a location where your personal circumstances allow you to go. NETI is a great opportunity indeed, but you should also work on a backup plan.  

4 hours ago, SG_2016 said:

It is indeed possible that last year they contacted our referees very quickly after the interview because the process had big delays and perhaps they needed to hurry up. Since none of you had their referees contacted by now, perhaps they did not reach that stage yet. But now you know how to check it out in the system. I suggest you do it regularly, since last year my referees had only one week to submit their references and some of them thought the message was a spam and didnt even open it before I contacted them.

Regarding selection: last year for M&E they told me they received about 2000 applications, and at the end they selected 23 for the talent pool. I am not aware though if this is simmilar with other job families.

I know this waiting game is very annoying and source of huge anxiety. But you should think that even if you make it to the talent pool, a job is not guaranteed. You can still wait for months - if not years - to get an actual offer in a location where your personal circumstances allow you to go. NETI is a great opportunity indeed, but you should also work on a backup plan.  

Quite good remarks and advices. Thank you.
Do you happen to know what your references were asked ?

All the best SG_2016

2 hours ago, AlbaTrueba said:

Quite good remarks and advices. Thank you.
Do you happen to know what your references were asked ?

All the best SG_2016

no, they didnt tell me. but i could see in the system if they completed it or not (because for those who submitted the reference, the system indicated it next to their name), so I could remind them about the deadline from time to time;)

Hey everybody, 

Just a quick heads up: my references have been contacted but it doesn't show on the e-Recruitment reference page... so I would encourage you to touch base with your references just to check if they have received anything. 

35 minutes ago, erpayo said:

Hey everybody, 

Just a quick heads up: my references have been contacted but it doesn't show on the e-Recruitment reference page... so I would encourage you to touch base with your references just to check if they have received anything. 

Omg!! When have they been contacted?

I think you should, they have very odd timings and are somewhat unpredictable: last year I kept passing each stage of selection with one month of delay witha  final rejection letter in May 2017 ! So it's not said until you get that email! Hang on in there guys! 

2 minutes ago, erpayo said:

I think you should, they have very odd timings and are somewhat unpredictable: last year I kept passing each stage of selection with one month of delay witha  final rejection letter in May 2017 ! So it's not said until you get that email! Hang on in there guys! 

so sweet of you to say, thanks:)