UNICEF NETI Program Notifications?

gaitanrd

2 hours ago, jeremyhardy said:

Information sharing: i'm an M&E person, had the interview, references are being checked very soon after the interview. I don't know if that means anything or not. They said that they would let me know the outcome of the process at the start of March. 

It wasn't for a specific role, and they said that they would push for a start date 'before the end of 2017'.

thank you, jeremyhardy! when did you have the interview? by the way, did you have the job simmulation? I was invited to an interview for M&E too but I did not have the job simmulation

4 hours ago, TropicalGuy said:

Just had the M&E interview. Talent pool. Apparently a decision will be made in one month.

So they told you it was talent pool? Strange that mine was like a real job interview for a specific location and in two languages...hmmn

14 hours ago, Valéry said:

So they told you it was talent pool? Strange that mine was like a real job interview for a specific location and in two languages...hmmn

Valery, I had a simmilar situation: I was invited last Dec to an interview for a specific post, not for the general talent pool. Since then I have not heard back from them. 

On Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 5:02 AM, SG_2016 said:

Valery, I had a simmilar situation: I was invited last Dec to an interview for a specific post, not for the general talent pool. Since then I have not heard back from them. 

So SG did you manage to ask when they would get back to you? For me unfortunately I didnt get to ask that question. 

On 25/01/2017 at 11:29 PM, carrotflowers said:

Hey guys, also still waiting here.   For me in social policy it was always for the p3 talent pool.   I asked during the interview and they said they'd probably have two batches of people posted (and therefore 2 NETI inductions), mid-year and year-end. 

And carrotflowers, do you know if successful candidates then get assigned to a country office of UNICEF's choosing or do individuals get to state a preference in which location they get?

Valéry they told me the final selection process would take about eight weeks. This was since mid-December mind you, so I'm coming up on the seven week mark. None of my references have been contacted so to be realistic hope is fading for me. I have another job offer but UNICEF is my first choice:(

15 hours ago, BTSBTS said:

And carrotflowers, do you know if successful candidates then get assigned to a country office of UNICEF's choosing or do individuals get to state a preference in which location they get?

Hmm, they way I think it works is they put you in the talent pool, country offices with a position going select among the candidates, and those selected get an offer.   Of course you can say no but then there's no guarantee of when or if you will be selected by a different country office. 

7 hours ago, trn said:

Valéry they told me the final selection process would take about eight weeks. This was since mid-December mind you, so I'm coming up on the seven week mark. None of my references have been contacted so to be realistic hope is fading for me. I have another job offer but UNICEF is my first choice:(

Thanks trn...If i may, you mean when you check your profile you do not see something like "reference check sent out"?. But in any case I'd go for the bird in hand since it doesnt change anything. And keep the faith...sometimes the universe has no choice but to pull all the strings to give a man wat he wants. Cheers

7 minutes ago, carrotflowers said:

How did it go, Valery? I haven't received notification about this year's, but did get an offer at the P2 level from being placed in last year's talent pool. 

You were placed in the general talent pool for NETI last time? And you had to apply again? Or was that a different thing?

The email says I got placed in the talent pool. They add  that if i get placed in a Neti location then there will be an induction at NY HQ approximately around 5-19th June this year. Yeah the whole process is abit hard to comprehend how it works for everyone but am sure most emails will be.flying next week. So carrotflowers all along you've been in a talent pool? 

Congrats Valery! So when do you hear if you got placed in a NETI location? And do you know what decides where you go? Hope it's not another round of waiting but looks like great news for you.

Still waiting to hear on my application.

They say more emails are coming about the next steps. I think what determines the location is the languages you speak, and if you have some international experience they would want to match you to a simular location. But those are just my views I think there is more. I think next week is very important for everybody here. Here is to me wishing everyone the best of luck. Hasta luego

22 hours ago, Valéry said:

The email says I got placed in the talent pool. They add  that if i get placed in a Neti location then there will be an induction at NY HQ approximately around 5-19th June this year. Yeah the whole process is abit hard to comprehend how it works for everyone but am sure most emails will be.flying next week. So carrotflowers all along you've been in a talent pool? 

Hi Valery, yes I've been in the P2 talent pool for a couple of years now, but they only now offered me a position.  Sucks because now I will accept the position (I'd be crazy not to, right?) but that will mean foregoing my chance for a P3 position  from this year's selection process.   Anyway, hopefully see you in NY! 

12 hours ago, carrotflowers said:

Hi Valery, yes I've been in the P2 talent pool for a couple of years now, but they only now offered me a position.  Sucks because now I will accept the position (I'd be crazy not to, right?) but that will mean foregoing my chance for a P3 position  from this year's selection process.   Anyway, hopefully see you in NY! 

Congs carrotflowers. atleast for you the anxiety is no more. I'd say P2 is a great place to start. Good luck in your journey to change the world.