UNICEF NETI Program Notifications?

gaitanrd

5 hours ago, Valéry said:

Congs carrotflowers. atleast for you the anxiety is no more. I'd say P2 is a great place to start. Good luck in your journey to change the world. 

Thanks! I'm sure you'll get an offer soon and we'll see each other in NY! Didn't you say btw that they told you the post they were interviewing for? 

3 hours ago, carrotflowers said:

Thanks! I'm sure you'll get an offer soon and we'll see each other in NY! Didn't you say btw that they told you the post they were interviewing for? 

Thanks. Yeah they told me at the time of the interview. And yeah, I believe we'll surely meet in NY...and remove the gradcafe masks. Have you noticed how this thread has been very active this year compared to the other years? I have a feeling there's going to be more winners here this year. Cheers

Edited by Valéry

2 hours ago, Valéry said:

Thanks. Yeah they told me at the time of the interview. And yeah, I believe we'll surely meet in NY...and remove the gradcafe masks. Have you noticed how this thread has been very active this year compared to the other years? I have a feeling there's going to be more winners here this year. Cheers

I'm sure there will be more winners here!  Btw, thank you all for keeping this thread going, it's very useful for managing the anxiety and uncertainty throughout this very, very, very long process.

No news here yet either (social policy) but references also contacted.

Have a recent job offer which I've taken as figuring even if successful, it'll be a slow start given what Valery has said about a June HQ induction.

On that note, thanks so much to all for the info sharing- really very useful in working it all out!

On Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 4:46 PM, BTSBTS said:

No news here yet either (social policy) but references also contacted.

Have a recent job offer which I've taken as figuring even if successful, it'll be a slow start given what Valery has said about a June HQ induction.

On that note, thanks so much to all for the info sharing- really very useful in working it all out!

Hi BTSBTS I recently found out that the induction comes after people have started work at their duty stations. I think NETI participants start around April. So dont give up hope yet. On another note, I have a Q&A session with the NETI team sometime next week and I am going to be getting answers to questions that I have concerning the program. So i was wondering if any of you guys had any questions. It would be my pleasure to get some answers on your behalf. Ciao

thanks a lot for this , Valery!

for the time being, what I would love to know is how many NETI professionals they manage to place in duty stations every year (per job family), and in what locations these professionals have been actually placed. Can it happen for NETI people to be placed in regional offices or headquarters? Or do they place the NETI fellows in most cases in local offices?  

Valery, I got one more:)

Carrotflowers mentioned in one of his/her previous posts that s/he was told during the interview about two batches of NETI placements this year, which implies two induction sessions - one mid year and another by the end of the year. Could you please ask if this is the case for all job families?

and thanks a lot again for offering to get some answers on our behalf! this is very generous of you. 

Just got an email- was successful in getting in to the talent pool for P3 Social Policy. Absolutely delighted and so relieved to finally get a response! 

For info sharing, the email says that I am now in the talent pool for 3 years. This doesn't guarantee me a NETI post but any offices interested in my profile will now be able to contact me about them. If I get a NETI placement, induction will be in June in NYC. They said the NETI team will contact me to inquire about my specific interests and share further information related to the next steps.

Good luck everyone! Really hoping for some more success stories on here.

7 hours ago, BTSBTS said:

Just got an email- was successful in getting in to the talent pool for P3 Social Policy. Absolutely delighted and so relieved to finally get a response! 

For info sharing, the email says that I am now in the talent pool for 3 years. This doesn't guarantee me a NETI post but any offices interested in my profile will now be able to contact me about them. If I get a NETI placement, induction will be in June in NYC. They said the NETI team will contact me to inquire about my specific interests and share further information related to the next steps.

Congrats BTS! Fingers crossed you get a NETI post and we meet in NY! 

17 hours ago, BTSBTS said:

Congrats.

On 2/16/2017 at 2:14 AM, BTSBTS said:

Congrats BTS. I'd say this is very good. Fingers crossed for you.

Edited by Valéry

On 2/13/2017 at 11:54 PM, SG_2016 said:

thanks a lot for this , Valery!

for the time being, what I would love to know is how many NETI professionals they manage to place in duty stations every year (per job family), and in what locations these professionals have been actually placed. Can it happen for NETI people to be placed in regional offices or headquarters? Or do they place the NETI fellows in most cases in local offices?  

Hi SG, this is what I managed to find out. 

1. There were very many applications this year so the selection process is still ongoing..so if you have not received notification yet it does not mean it is the end of the road. For instance M&E alone had over 2000 applications; to even make it to the final stage is a really good thing to be proud of.

2. About how many NETI's per job family: it is bit hard to tell since placement depends on the talent gaps within UNICEF. But for M&E they are looking at placing approximately 5 placements in this Neti batch. Still if you are in a talent pool and not placed in time for the induction they will be marketing your profile aggressively all year round for many more opportunities within UNICEF. So talent group placement is very good.

3. Netis can be placed anywhere where there is a talent gap, whether NY HQ or regional offices.

4. About having two batches this year i was informed that it is not final yet...but most likely it will be one this year.

Good luck everyone!

1 hour ago, Valéry said:

Hi SG, this is what I managed to find out. 

1. There were very many applications this year so the selection process is still ongoing..so if you have not received notification yet it does not mean it is the end of the road. For instance M&E alone had over 2000 applications; to even make it to the final stage is a really good thing to be proud of.

2. About how many NETI's per job family: it is bit hard to tell since placement depends on the talent gaps within UNICEF. But for M&E they are looking at placing approximately 5 placements in this Neti batch. Still if you are in a talent pool and not placed in time for the induction they will be marketing your profile aggressively all year round for many more opportunities within UNICEF. So talent group placement is very good.

3. Netis can be placed anywhere where there is a talent gap, whether NY HQ or regional offices.

4. About having two batches this year i was informed that it is not final yet...but most likely it will be one this year.

Good luck everyone!

thank you very much, Valery! 

I am still waiting for news

6 hours ago, carrotflowers said:

Hi all, 

Just logged in to the UNICEF website and noticed that, although I haven't received a notification letter, my status has changed to "assigned to talent group".  Check yours! 

this must mean that you got it, Carrotflowers:) congratulations, and fingers crossed for getting the official response soon!

i still have status 'appl under review'. I hope it will be over soon, because this whole process of selection brought me too much anxiety. 

My online status also has changed to Assigned to Talent Group.

SG_2016 I've also found the waiting very hard with this process and the best antidote I found to dealing with it is to apply for other jobs. It really made me focus my mind on other possibilities...

But my fingers are still crossed for you.

Hi guys.  If you were to give feedback to the NETI  team on what should be improved about the Neti selection process,  according to our own experiences,  what would you say? In other words,  what improvements would you want in the Neti selection process? I am sure this feedback would make the whole experience better for someone else who may apply in the next cohort or even some people that may reapply for the program this year. Regards as I wait to hear from y'all. 

Edited by Valéry

5 hours ago, Valéry said:

Hi guys.  If you were to give feedback to the NETI  team on what should be improved about the Neti selection process,  according to our own experiences,  what would you say? In other words,  what improvements would you want in the Neti selection process? I am sure this feedback would make the whole experience better for someone else who may apply in the next cohort or even some people that may reapply for the program this year. Regards as I wait to hear from y'all. 

Just one: have hard deadlines for each phase of the process and stick to them. 

6 hours ago, Valéry said:

to share test results; to notify rejected candidates after each stage of selection (if it is not already the case); and as carrotflowers rightly noted - to set up realistic timelines for each selection stage and to stick to them 

Just got my regret letter. I'm closing the door on the mysterious NETI journey and, for now, my hopes of working with UNICEF. I head to the World Bank in a couple months. Wishing you all the best. It was good having your feedback and support through the process.

4 hours ago, trn said:

Just got my regret letter. I'm closing the door on the mysterious NETI journey and, for now, my hopes of working with UNICEF. I head to the World Bank in a couple months. Wishing you all the best. It was good having your feedback and support through the process.

I'm making the opposite journey, World Bank for UNICEF.  Best of luck at the bank! And keep trying, for me third time was the charm. 

Edited by carrotflowers