UNICEF NETI Program Notifications?

gaitanrd

• 2 weeks later...

No news either! Last I heard was in April saying the June induction had moved to October and asking me to fill in a questionnaire on which duty stations I'd be willing to take.

3 hours ago, BTSBTS said:

No news either! Last I heard was in April saying the June induction had moved to October and asking me to fill in a questionnaire on which duty stations I'd be willing to take.

This is a good thing...means you are really being considered. Arms crossed for you.

• 1 month later...

Hi! I had an online assessment for communications last month. The written exam was way too difficult than I expected, though is there anyone who had a similar feeling...? I kinda felt that they want people with work experience at UNICEF...  I have no confidence in moving to the next stage...

Edited by Ruby008

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2017 at 12:32 AM, Ruby008 said:

Hi! I had an online assessment for communications last month. The written exam was way too difficult than I expected, though is there anyone who had a similar feeling...? I kinda felt that they want people with work experience at UNICEF...  I have no confidence in moving to the next stage...

Hi! I also took both the online assessment and the written exam.  And yes, I also feel the written exam was quite hard to complete in 2 hours. In real life, there's no way to be asked to do such things in 120 minutes! I  did not enjoy the online test at all either. I found it so impersonal to be talking to a robot and frankly, the countdown clicking in front of you while you speak is simply awful!! Fingers crossed!

>Markee

Oh god, I am so happy to meet a person who can share that experience!! Indeed it was impossible to complete it in two hours. With such a written exam, I had a kind of impression that they want only the people with work experience at UNICEF. Have you received any notice from them? I haven't... Fingers crossed for you, too!!

13 hours ago, Ruby008 said:

>Markee

Oh god, I am so happy to meet a person who can share that experience!! Indeed it was impossible to complete it in two hours. With such a written exam, I had a kind of impression that they want only the people with work experience at UNICEF. Have you received any notice from them? I haven't... Fingers crossed for you, too!!

No, I haven't heard back yet. I think we'll be notified by the end of November/beginning of Dec.  Regardless if you have or not previous work experience with UNICEF, the exam was way too long in my opinion. Anyways, we'll see....

21 hours ago, Markee said:

No, I haven't heard back yet. I think we'll be notified by the end of November/beginning of Dec.  Regardless if you have or not previous work experience with UNICEF, the exam was way too long in my opinion. Anyways, we'll see....

I see. Well, I am relieved that I was not the only one who thought the exam was too much!

On 10/4/2017 at 7:16 AM, Markee said:

i'm also waiting following the competency-based tests for communication. i found the written one ok, even without unicef experience, although very long indeed. less comfortable with the oral though, more difficult from my perspective. but overall, i thought the experience was useful.

do you guys expect the results for final stage selection in october?

best of luck everyone!

Edited by jeyjey

On 10/8/2017 at 9:57 AM, jeyjey said:

i'm also waiting following the competency-based tests for communication. i found the written one ok, even without unicef experience, although very long indeed. less comfortable with the oral though, more difficult from my perspective. but overall, i thought the experience was useful.

do you guys expect the results for final stage selection in october?

best of luck everyone!

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere that we will be notified by Nov/Dec if we have made it to to the final stage of the selection process. 

3 hours ago, Markee said:

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere that we will be notified by Nov/Dec if we have made it to to the final stage of the selection process. 

Hi Jeyjey and Mark. All I know is that they will invite successful candidates for an interview, tentatively scheduled for Oct/Nov. To my knowledge, candidates who failed the written exam of any UN organisations are always notified after their whole recruitment process is done.

However, I won't be surprised if they sent us invitations finally in Nov/Dec, though.

3 hours ago, Ruby008 said:

Hi Jeyjey and Mark. All I know is that they will invite successful candidates for an interview, tentatively scheduled for Oct/Nov. To my knowledge, candidates who failed the written exam of any UN organisations are always notified after their whole recruitment process is done.

However, I won't be surprised if they sent us invitations finally in Nov/Dec, though.

thanks both. fingers crossed to all.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Markee said:

Thanks! Good luck to you too!!  

Congrats both!!! Apparently I did not make it this time, but will keep fingers crossed for you two!
If you do not mind, would you give me any advice on the written exam? I really did not have time to complete everything and could not draft with my own words in many parts.In addition, if you have any sources which could be helpful to understand the writing style they would like. Many thanks in advance for your help!

1 hour ago, Ruby008 said:

Congrats both!!! Apparently I did not make it this time, but will keep fingers crossed for you two!
If you do not mind, would you give me any advice on the written exam? I really did not have time to complete everything and could not draft with my own words in many parts.In addition, if you have any sources which could be helpful to understand the writing style they would like. Many thanks in advance for your help!

In my view, it's all about practice and time management. Difficult to offer any advice though as I do think relevant past professional experiences help with the two.