Fall 2015 PhD Acceptance/Rejection Thread

I haven't posted these in the results search, as it seems rather inactive for crim/CJ programs but I also got the call from UC Irvine with an acceptance! I also got into the CJ program at Rutgers-Newark. Did anyone else get in there, and if so, will you be attending the visitiation weekend this month?

I'm currently at UC Irvine for undergrad (waiting to hear from Temple), and I know some of the profs on the admissions committee. Yeah, if they didn't send you an invite, it's not a good sign. Also, you won't get in if you say you want to study white-collar crime.

I'm currently at UC Irvine for undergrad (waiting to hear from Temple), and I know some of the profs on the admissions committee. Yeah, if they didn't send you an invite, it's not a good sign. Also, you won't get in if you say you want to study white-collar crime.

Thanks for the heads up. Is that because Henry left?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has gotten final decision from University of Pennsylvania? I'm getting nervous about it. :(

They told me I would hear back end of January/early February, but I haven't heard. Getting nervous too. Did you interview w them?

Hi, I did do an interview at UPenn, and was told something similar. At least our (tiny, non-externally valid) sample indicates that they might just be a little behind schedule in general.

And to the above poster, I was invited to do a John Jay interview but haven't done it yet.

Just recently heard about this site. Wish I knew of it sooner. Wondering if anyone has heard anything about UNO Ph.D. in Criminology and Criminal Justice. They had a late application deadline (February 1st). If anyone has any information regarding their acceptance process please let me know. I'm not sure if they do interviews or not. 

Hi, I did do an interview at UPenn, and was told something similar. At least our (tiny, non-externally valid) sample indicates that they might just be a little behind schedule in general.

And to the above poster, I was invited to do a John Jay interview but haven't done it yet.

They told me I would hear back end of January/early February, but I haven't heard. Getting nervous too. Did you interview w them?

If you applied to the PhD like I did, you should have heard something by now, as I was accepted into the Masters program after being rejected for the PhD. You could be on the waitlist though.

Just heard I was accepted to FSU, but funding decisions will be made in about 10 days. Anyone else in the same boat? Anyone accepted to FSU, but doesn't plan to attend or does plan to attend regardless of funding offer? 

I was also excepted to FSU. It seems as if they accept a large number of applicants but only fund a small amount-which sucks!

Yeah, I hear the same thing. I went down to visit the campus a few months ago and loved it! I worry about the funding...even if funded I hear a lot of their funding is doing online teaching which means little research building. IDK I guess we will see what they offer. 

Yeah I'm pretty skeptical about programs that either offer little funding or a lot of TAships. Pretty useless! Lol

Yeah, I hear the same thing. I went down to visit the campus a few months ago and loved it! I worry about the funding...even if funded I hear a lot of their funding is doing online teaching which means little research building. IDK I guess we will see what they offer. 

I was also excepted to FSU. It seems as if they accept a large number of applicants but only fund a small amount-which sucks!

Just heard I was accepted to FSU, but funding decisions will be made in about 10 days. Anyone else in the same boat? Anyone accepted to FSU, but doesn't plan to attend or does plan to attend regardless of funding offer? 

Well, that sucks majorly and here I was all excited about being accepted.....

Oh, my bad then. Congrats! 

Did people think I was bragging with the way I worded my post?

Thanks! No word on funding yet though, since they just let me know informally via email.

The post about being accepted to the Master's? I didn't get that impression.

For those of you talking about FSU, unfortunately I also know someone who got in 2 years ago, but wasn't funded. But last year, I knew someone who got in with funding. So they could have more funding this year, you never know!

Well, that sucks majorly and here I was all excited about being accepted.....

I know, me too....You never know though...it may work out in our favor.

Thanks! No word on funding yet though, since they just let me know informally via email.

The post about being accepted to the Master's? I didn't get that impression.

For those of you talking about FSU, unfortunately I also know someone who got in 2 years ago, but wasn't funded. But last year, I knew someone who got in with funding. So they could have more funding this year, you never know!

Nice information about FSU... we will see what this year has in store for us all. 

Yeah I'm pretty skeptical about programs that either offer little funding or a lot of TAships. Pretty useless! Lol

I agree, it may help right now to be funded but will hurt when you hit the job market and have no pubs or research skills.