2015 Acceptance Thread

isostheneia

I just received my official acceptance to Villanova last night after having an interview with them yesterday afternoon. I'm very excited as this is my first PhD acceptance of the season and I think the school is well suited to my interests!

Prior to this week I hadn't heard from them, but I reached out on Friday to the department to check on my application. As it turns out, they had been trying to contact me for awhile about an interview (they forwarded me the emails), but the email they had on file was slightly off from what my email actually was! The DGS reached out to me yesterday morning and we set up the interview for the afternoon. It has been a hectic, but wonderful 24 hours. Now I'm putting together a visit to the school for this weekend!

Re: OSU. Thaaaaaaaat sucks. How'd you find that out? I got an email about a week ago saying I was still being considered, but it seems like you've been communicating with them?

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On ‎7‎/‎04‎/‎2015 at 2:57 AM, Deleuzional said:

I just received my official acceptance to Villanova last night after having an interview with them yesterday afternoon. I'm very excited as this is my first PhD acceptance of the season and I think the school is well suited to my interests!

Prior to this week I hadn't heard from them, but I reached out on Friday to the department to check on my application. As it turns out, they had been trying to contact me for awhile about an interview (they forwarded me the emails), but the email they had on file was slightly off from what my email actually was! The DGS reached out to me yesterday morning and we set up the interview for the afternoon. It has been a hectic, but wonderful 24 hours. Now I'm putting together a visit to the school for this weekend!

Out of curiosity, who did you email, and how did you put this email?

I feel I should send something like this to a few schools, but I haven't got a clue how to ask

Rejected from Brown via email today. It was a shot in the dark. I expected that after seeing the acceptances posted yesterday.

I only recently joined this site and I just wanted to say everyone's comments have been so helpful. It is awesome to find a place where other people understand what it is like to check your email 800 times a day!