ETH ESOP 2015

No news for me either. :s @jmlribeiro, why do you think the decision will come on wednesday and not tomorrow?

Last year the decisions came out on a Wednesday. It's a shaky prevision :P

I do think I read somewhere that we would only be contacted if we were granted the scholarship but I am not sure, however it seems so on the search page though.

Good luck to you all! I hope you get the scholarship! being shortlisted for it alone means that your pre-proposals were indeed really good. 

Some of us still don't know the admissions results, I guess only a little bit more patience, and this week is finally the deadline.

Do you now know the result? I saw people posting rejects from MechEng on the results page, so I guess all the results came out

Edited by tudor

Do you now know the result? I saw people posting rejects from MechEng on the results page, so I guess all the results came out

Finally rejected, it's though but there are still other options, and the application process is really competitive. I am still satisfied with my work until now and I will keep working on it. Congratulations to everyone who got in! and good luck with the ESOP for all of you, you seem to be really nice people and I am sure as hell you deserve it  ;)

I found a post on the survey from the 7th of march last year in which the person says that he got rejected for the scholarship. So I guess you do get a rejection e-mail.

• Got a reject for scholarship application yesterday. Damn! it would've been awesome to get accepted for scholarship and a reject for Masters :P Guess GPA is too low

@mikibene, sorry to hear that :(... I think that all the students applying for ETH are competitive. Good luck with the other schools, it's nice that you have other options.

No news for me, at least... I'm guessing we're getting the results on Wednesday.

If you take into account the Phillipines time zone (utc+8), the girl posted at 4pm her time. I guess "last night" means ~8pm, which is 12pm utc or 1pm in Zurich. Therefore the e-mail was sent Wednesday at 1pm, which is 25 hours starting from now. But, who knows.

Edited by tudor

If you take into account the Phillipines time zone (utc+8), the girl posted at 4pm her time. I guess "last night" means ~8pm, which is 12pm utc or 1pm in Zurich. Therefore the e-mail was sent Wednesday at 1pm, which is 25 hours starting from now. But, who knows.

We're going full detective on this ;)

Congratulations!!!! Happy for you.

I'm still waiting :(

Looks like Computer Science is the first again (was the first with admission results)

Edited by tudor

You woke up at 6am just to repeatedly press F5, right? :)) because this is exactly what I've been doing since morning.

I'm tempted to write them an e-mail, maybe they're releasing the results for Physics next week and we're waiting for nothing (our official admission e-mails were also a week after his 17 and 24 February)

Hi all!

I and my roommate got accepted to Robotics, Systems and Control only on March 4th. We were quite pleased with the admission and were waiting for ESOP notification, until I saw this thread. Seems like no interview means a rejection at this point.

Anyways, we'll have to search an external funding then :)

Good luck to all!!

ps. jmlriberio, congrats!!!

You MAY not be entirely right, look at this post:

Hey,

I know the topic is from last year's application period, but I have some information that can be useful to people looking at this thread now (I was actually looking at it a week ago, so I know there are people out there interested in this):

I recently got accepted to a Master's at ETH (March 9th) and only two days later (March 11th) received the confirmation that I had been awarded the ESOP. Hence, you don't necessarily need to be interviewed in order to receive the scholarship. I think this is important, because at least in my case it was disappointing to read that you needed to be interviewed in order to get a chance at the scholarship, since I didn't get that interview and I just assumed I wasn't a potential candidate anymore.

Hope this can be useful. If anybody happens to have any questions, I will very gladly answer them. I mean, I don't have too much info myself, but I'm sure I would be able to help some of you out there with some of t he simpler questions.

Cheers,

- L

which is from here: 

Edited by tudor

Wow, that's strange! What parameter might possibly lead to such a thing? The only reason I can think of is that llucrul was a strong candidate, and I don't think I am.

So anyone got a rejection for ESOP. ( might be that I am one among them ). Waiting for their email

So whether anyone knows about Master scholarship decision date? ( Whether the decision about that is announced at the same time as ESOP?)

Did everyone waiting here for ESOP results have their interview?
I only got the official admission offer a month ago, but no ESOP interview.
Just want a notification of ESOP, so that I can decide where to go : I