Oxford applicants

Kleene

Any news regarding college placement so far?

It's in May I think. Be patient, some of us are still waiting for an answer! :D

Edited by Cpt Jo

Oh, hey, I had my interview in early January and was accepted by the end of the month. The interview lasted for about half an hour and I'd say it's nothing to worry about. It wasn't too formal and they asked the expected questions (why Oxford? What are your plans? etc) as well as a few technical and semi-technical questions, but all very simple. They will allow you to ask questions as well and I'd recommend you to do so as long as the question is meaningful/pertinent.

The farthest it went in terms of technicalities was asking me for a definition related to a project I was working on at the time and that I mentioned during the interview. Do your best to let them know you did your research on the University, the course structure and  staff and have concrete reasons to want to be there specifically.

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions and do let us know how it went once it's over :)

I had my interview today. It lasted for a little more than 20 minutes and I think that it went well :)

Also, thank you for your post, it was really informative! Do you have any idea of how long they take to make a decision after the interviews?

Please does anyone know if funding offers (Clarendon in particular) are made alongside the initial admission offers.

I just go got an offer into one of the MSc programmes in the Social Science division but nothing was mentioned about funding.

Any help would be sorely appreciated!

I just interviewed for a DPhil. They told me that an admissions decision should come within 2-3 weeks, and the funding decision 2-3 weeks after that. 

I told them I had to let my American schools know my status by April 15th, and they said 'you'll know by then.'

Please does anyone know if funding offers (Clarendon in particular) are made alongside the initial admission offers.

I just go got an offer into one of the MSc programmes in the Social Science division but nothing was mentioned about funding.

Any help would be sorely appreciated!

In April.

Has anyone else heard back about interviews for Msc of Computer Science?

It seems the Selection Committee's deadline to give us our outcomes is 20th March.... should I be preparing myself for the bad news?  :(

DPhil in Oriental Studies candidate here - I received my offer in December, and college placement in January. I've been waiting on funding decisions since then. Also accepted into PhD in Archaeology at UCL but didn't make it through to the next round of funding for the ORS doctoral scholarship.

Nail-biting.

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update:

I just received a conditional offer of admission to the MSc in Mathematics and Foundations of Computer Science. Now I am faced with a really hard decision, but I am probably going to reject it and opt for ETH Zurich instead. 

A quick update:

I just received a conditional offer of admission to the MSc in Mathematics and Foundations of Computer Science. Now I am faced with a really hard decision, but I am probably going to reject it and opt for ETH Zurich instead. 

Nice, congrats! I had the same decision to make last year. It was a tough one indeed. But you cannot go wrong there anyway. ;)

I just received notification that I received a university scholarship (not Clarendon for those wondering) to pay for my stipend. Very, very happy indeed.

History of Art M.St. admit here. Anyone know if funding decisions given at the same time as college decisions?

Congrats! That entirely depends on your department, the type of funding, etc. Some funding decisions may come with or even before an offer, and other funding decisions may come as late as May.

Edited by Kleene

Oh my, got the college in Cambridge but no news from Oxford (even though Oxford made an offer about a month earlier)...

Edited by Feanor

Oh my, got the college in Cambridge but no news from Oxford (even though Oxford made an offer about a month earlier)...

What college did you apply to, again?

I don't suppose your decision on where you are going will be determined by college placement? :P What are your thoughts on that atm?

I made an open application to Oxford and was accepted at Christ's College in Cambridge. Well, the college is certainly a factor, but funding is much more important at this point... I won't make any decisions until I have full information.

OK, now I'm positive they are listening to my complaints :P Got placed at St. Edmund's Hall. To be honest, Cambridge's Christ's seems to be a better fit... But I'll wait for the Clarendon Fund.

Edited by Feanor

History of Art M.St. admit here. Anyone know if funding decisions are given at the same time as college decisions?

In History, you'll probably hear about funding before college allocation, unless your scholarship is linked to a college.