WHAT IS GOING ON???

I know that this is like asking why the sky is blue, but does ANYONE know why Crim programs take so much longer on their decisions than every other program??

I really don't know why but it's really frustrating waiting! It's even more frustrating when you are trying to decide among schools and your still waiting on a decision, yet they want you to make a decision before April 15th so they can get to the waitlist.

Good...at least provides some hope.

Contacted University of Maryland today. Decisions by the end of the week, notifications by the end of next week.

Edited by smcg

Good...at least provides some hope.

Contacted University of Maryland today. Decisions by the end of the week, notifications by the end of next week.

Awesome. Thanks for doing that. I'm waiting on them too. 

I was having this discussion with my advisor at my current institution and he said that applications in criminology tend to take longer because of their rank in the college. All programs are taking applications the same time, but applications have to be processed by specific college administrators and therefore priority is given to more well known disciplines like economics, political science, sociology, etc. first.

I don't think this phenomenon accounts for all of the delay, but seems to make a great deal of sense.

I'm also waiting on Maryland, so that's good to know smcg! I have heard from 2 schools, but I don't think it's unusual to hear in early March. I think some schools might do rounds of admittance (at least that's what I've heard about Cincinnati) as in, admit the most qualified first, then a second batch, etc., and then some wait-listed students, until they fill all their slots.

Edited by jdownton

For those interested: I just called Penn State and UPENN. Admissions decisions will be made by the end of the week. This seems to be the trend among CJ programs.

Interesting -- who did you talk with at UPenn? They did interviews with candidates of interest ages ago. Then when I spoke with the DGS a week or two ago he told me that all offers and wait list offers had already been made.

Edited by brokenwindow

Also, if you look at the results page, you can see that many, many results have already been shared in crim this year. I personally have gotten decisions from the two I applied to, and a friend of mine got into another. Many schools have already moved onto their recruitment trips (where they fly out admitted students to woo them). After the admitted students decide which of the multiple schools they got into they actually want to attend, the wait listed candidates start to get whatever spots open up.

I see what you're saying, but that's still only 1 page of 2015 acceptances. Plus, my 2 top choices aren't even represented in 2015. It appears that 1 of my schools sent acceptances on Feb 26/27 of last year.

Called the University of Cincinnati... they've been through 2 rounds of acceptances.

I'm perplexed. I have very high GPA's, high 90th percentile GRE's... 

I honestly can't take this anymore. This is my first time ever going through this process. I thought it would be quick and I also thought that I was a "shoe in!" Thankfully my first response was an acceptance, so I have SOMEWHERE to go, but honestly, I would never do this again. At this point, I just want acceptance from more than 1 of the 10 schools I applied to so that I know that I am really "good enough." This sucks.