University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire (online)

4 minutes ago, Kitsy said:

Same here! Good luck tomorrow!

You too!!

Can I ask... how are you approaching the question about potential practicum sites?  I only have one that I can say I can work at for sure... a lot of people have been on vacation and slow to respond to my asking if they allow interns. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/6/2019 at 3:26 PM, Ggslpa said:

Good luck!  Let us know how it goes!

I think it went well!  I was nervous but not too bad... the interview was very straightforward and really focused on the things they said they would in the email.  Fingers crossed... I'll send thank yous in the morning :)  Tonight, I'm having ravioli and wine to celebrate having that out of the way, at least. 

1 hour ago, kataphora said:

I think it went well!  I was nervous but not too bad... the interview was very straightforward and really focused on the things they said they would in the email.  Fingers crossed... I'll send thank yous in the morning :)  Tonight, I'm having ravioli and wine to celebrate having that out of the way, at least. 

That's great! Fingers crossed!

3 hours ago, kataphora said:

Congrats, you're one step closer!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

So I just received email notification that I was not selected to interview but they will keep my file open and remain on the waitlist if I wanted to. So not a complete rejection......

59 minutes ago, cheltroy said:

I also received this email. 

What do you think? Is everyone that wasn't accepted on this wait list? Or did they actually give out rejection letters? So if you were interviewed then you received an acceptance offer?

3 minutes ago, Ggslpa said:

What do you think? Is everyone that wasn't accepted on this wait list? Or did they actually give out rejection letters? So if you were interviewed then you received an acceptance offer?

I’m not sure, I inquired about that in my reply to Dr Hemmerich. I’m hoping it means there were unfortunately some rejections, meaning there will be a smaller pool of applicants if spots open up. 

Just now, cheltroy said:

I’m not sure, I inquired about that in my reply to Dr Hemmerich. I’m hoping it means there were unfortunately some rejections, meaning there will be a smaller pool of applicants if spots open up. 

Yes. I was hoping that as well. I'm wondering why we can't ask where we are on the waitlist until April?

4 hours ago, cheltroy said:

So I was checking their data on recent cohorts and outcome data. It says they received 121 completed applications (not current round), then in the outcome data it says that in 2017-2018 that 18/19 students completed the online program. So it seems they only accepted 19 student from 121 applications........how many rejections, and how many waitlisted is the question.....

I just got my acceptance letter.  We have until March 22nd to accept the offer, though I am planning on accepting.  Good luck to those of you who are on the waitlist. ❤️ 

38 minutes ago, kataphora said:

I just got my acceptance letter.  We have until March 22nd to accept the offer, though I am planning on accepting.  Good luck to those of you who are on the waitlist. ❤️ 

I got mine yesterday too! I have accepted as well! 

1 hour ago, kataphora said:

Congratulations! March 22nd....that probably why they want us to wait til April first to inquire our about our spot on the waitlist. 

Just now, Ggslpa said:

Congratulations! March 22nd....that probably why they want us to wait til April first to inquire our about our spot on the waitlist. 

Thanks!

Yeah, that's what I figured... that's why I mentioned it :)  

Hi everyone- I'm one of the 2015 online cohort graduates. Just wanted to give a shout out to everyone that has accepted or are hoping to be accepted at UWEC- You are absolutely going to love it! The professors are knowledgeable and understanding. If you're having issues finding placements, they really try their best to help. Feel free to pm me with any questions along your journey!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2019 at 4:48 PM, Kitsy said:

I got mine yesterday too! I have accepted as well! 

I'm in the cohort as well! I applied last cycle and was accepted but ended up deferring my enrollment a year because I had a baby. :) Let me know if you find a facebook group for our cohort or if we should start one! I would love to start getting to know everyone, I'm so excited to start!

On 2/6/2019 at 4:04 PM, emmaroooo said:

I'm in the cohort as well! I applied last cycle and was accepted but ended up deferring my enrollment a year because I had a baby. :) Let me know if you find a facebook group for our cohort or if we should start one! I would love to start getting to know everyone, I'm so excited to start!

That's great! I haven't heard if there is a facebook page yet but I do know that most (if not all) of the cohorts there have created one. I'm not sure if that is something we will get to do while on campus in June....either way, its great to "meet" another cohort member! Congrats on the new baby too! See you in June!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, fmc111 said:

@Gator_tater I'm still waiting to hear something...have you heard anything?

I did hear in December that I was on a waitlist to interview and that they will be contacting us to update by the end of January. So hopefully this week. It seems as if they have sent out acceptances to the first round of those interviewed as I talked to someone that was accepted.