Columbia 2015

DanioMasher

• 2 weeks later...

guys housing assignments are out! who is living where? do you all know yet?

On RTMS mine still just says  that it's been received by housing.  Hasn't been reviewed at all yet, which is nervewracking because I really need to find a place to live.

Whoot! Got into I-House. I'm relieved that I'll have a place to go once I get to New York! 

On RTMS mine still just says  that it's been received by housing.  Hasn't been reviewed at all yet, which is nervewracking because I really need to find a place to live.

That's what mine said too for a while. i think they were waiting on my to submit other supplemental applications since I had also indicated interest in International House. Were there other UAH affiliated places that you applied to?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else happily overwhelmed with their big transition to Columbia? I've got less than a month until I move across the country and I'm trying to learn as much about NYC/Columbia as possible before I get there.

Yeah same here. I'm not usually very emotional but I watched the Columbia orientation video clip and I may have shed a tear or two or 6..

Hi everyone.  Hope you guys enjoy your time here.  I'm a current undergrad, which doesn't exactly help much, but if you need help with getting around or moving or what-have-you, just drop a line!

Anyone else happily overwhelmed with their big transition to Columbia? I've got less than a month until I move across the country and I'm trying to learn as much about NYC/Columbia as possible before I get there.

Right there with you!! I'm moving across country in just 3 weeks. Where are you coming from?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/18/2015 at 10:06 AM, lobo said:

yeah, dont be a fool

On 5/19/2015 at 7:07 PM, Lycaon said:

As a former foster parent of feral kittens, I understand the temptation, but it is not worth the risk.

It's already a bad case scenario if you get caught. You might be fined or have to give up the cat. But by violating the renter's contract, you could be evicted from the facility and/or lose your security deposit. And any blemish on your renter's history might haunt you later in life the next time you want to rent an apartment. Even if an apartment you apply to in the future is pet friendly, you may not be looked upon favorably if previous landlords mention that you have a history of violating agreements. 

Just a quick note to let you know that A LOT of Columbia housing is informally pet friendly. I live in front of the Housing office and people take their dogs for a walk right in front of them.

So please, do not speak if you don't know what you are saying.