Turned Down Offers Thread

I withdrew my name from the Brandeis waitlist a few weeks back, and I (tentatively) plan to turn down both UConn and Syracuse's PhD offers. I'm just waiting to "zoom" talk with two more people at BC before I fully commit! That being said, I've already very emotionally committed

Take care, everyone! Hope this helps some people out there - and I hope you're all being safe amidst the quarantine (i've taken to solitary pensive walks and yearning)

I found out that I was on the waitlist for UC Davis today, but I know for certain I wouldn't be attending even if I'm accepted, so I asked to have myself removed. Hopefully this will allow someone else to be closer to acceptance. Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I (painfully) declined my offer to UCR today. I hope this helps someone on the waitlist! They were so incredibly kind and helpful throughout this whole process.

I was also offered the Eugene Cota Robles award, so hopefully that will be given to someone else now. 

Edited by Lblack

I just declined my offer from Brown. That was hard given the many brilliant scholars in the department. Really hope they go to the waitlist!

Edited by Rani13

I've just written, with a heavy heart, to decline my offers from Michigan and Northwestern (in all honesty, I shed a few tears over my email to my primary POI at Northwestern, and I'm really sorry to walk away from Michigan's Rackham Merit Fellowship - this hurt). I know at least a couple of GC folks are hoping for Michigan waitlist movement, so I hope this means good news for someone.

12 minutes ago, The Hoosier Oxonian said:

I've just written, with a heavy heart, to decline my offers from Michigan and Northwestern (in all honesty, I shed a few tears over my email to my primary POI at Northwestern, and I'm really sorry to walk away from Michigan's Rackham Merit Fellowship - this hurt). I know at least a couple of GC folks are hoping for Michigan waitlist movement, so I hope this means good news for someone.

One of those folks here, haha. Congrats on your decision!!