Writing a SOP conclusion is so darn hard

for my SOP last year I treated as an actual essay (ie, going to be read by more than one person) and had sort of an overarching theme. I started by mentioning what my dream jobs were when I was younger (astronaut and batman :P) and then quickly stepped through how my interests and motivations evolved to what they are now and from there spent the bulk of the essay talking about why I'm applying to grad school, why I choose my field, what experiences I had etc. At the end I simply tied it back to what my dreams were as a child

I suppose it sort of worked. I only submitted it to NSF. engineering programs generally toss your essay aside and different schools will put different and sometimes strange stipulations on them (for some schools it's less SOP and more previous experience). I didn't get any negative comments on it so I assume it was at least ok.

I used the childhood dreams as a frame, much like an epistolary novel, it provided context but took very little space and was not the focus.