2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got my first acceptance. This is my 3rd time applying. I've worked really hard to get myself into this position, and I'm really excited to finally have the opportunity. Oh man... 

I just have to share this with someone... Accepted at Vanderbilt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG so excited.  I love that they do rolling acceptances because now all the other schools are competing to wow

Dude.  You're speaking kinda out of your butt.  I think it's horrible to tell the people that they should go for a masters instead of a phd for something such as GPA.  I mean, I'll always encourage pe

Posted Images

3 hours ago, tcmazer said:

Got accepted at Universtiy of Alabama at Birmingham's CMDB program!

Holy shit, I'm actually going to grad school.

Congrats! I reacted the same way when I got my first graduate school acceptance to University of the Incarnate Word MS Biology two weeks ago! Really exciting to go to the next phase in life! 

13 hours ago, SwimmerBio12 said:

Congrats! I reacted the same way when I got my first graduate school acceptance to University of the Incarnate Word MS Biology two weeks ago! Really exciting to go to the next phase in life! 

Thanks! And congrats!

22 hours ago, firmicutie said:

Got NYU Sackler invite December 22, interviewing 2nd weekend of February. I got no indication of which other applicants I would be interviewing with, so my impression is that they spread out their interviews.

Interviewed at Sackler Jan 14 weekend. Yes they have 2-3 waves of interviews. 

3 minutes ago, tcmazer said:

In case anyone was waiting on UNC Chapel Hill BBSP, I just called them and they let me know that they've sent out all their interviews. They might extend more if some people drop them.

:( I was afraid of that since I hadn't heard from them yet. thanks for the update though!

It is looking like a rejection from Notre Dame. It would have to take literally take a miracle to get an interview invite this late in the game. I'll have another crack two years from now after my masters when I apply for Ph.D. At least I am glad that for the first time ND opened applications for MS applicants this app cycle. I didn't think that I was able to apply to ND. I got very lucky that I was able to! 

Edited by SwimmerBio12

Does anyone know if Vanderbilt IGP has sent all the invitations or if they are still reviewing?

Did any international students get invitation from Vanderbilt? I saw one on the survey

Edited by Ash04
Just now, Effloresce said:

I got one on Monday, but I sent in my app on the deadline (Jan 15th).

Congratulations! I submitted mine before the priority deadline, I guess then its a rejection :(

1 hour ago, cephnerd said:

Whoa. How may interviews are you guys doing per visit? I just got one of my schedules and I'm set up for 12 in one day... plus another over Skype with a faculty member who will be away during my recruitment weekend.

So 13? I'm exhausted for you.

1 hour ago, cephnerd said:

Whoa. How may interviews are you guys doing per visit? I just got one of my schedules and I'm set up for 12 in one day... plus another over Skype with a faculty member who will be away during my recruitment weekend.

My Harvard one is scheduled for 12! That's what it says on the itinerary so who knows, as I don't have my faculty list yet. If that's true that's the entire department ha

5 hours ago, Ash04 said:

Does anyone know if Vanderbilt IGP has sent all the invitations or if they are still reviewing?

Did any international students get invitation from Vanderbilt? I saw one on the survey

I was told on Monday that they are still reviewing and sending out interviews and will be doing so for the next few weeks.

48 minutes ago, scilinny said:

Just got accepted to U Chicago's Human Genetics program!! :) im so excited, I had so much fun there on my interview.

Posting because I wanted to give hope to others with only 1 interview - it can work out! At the end of the day you can only go to one place. 

Congratulations!!!

4 minutes ago, pm666 said:
On January 27, 2016 at 5:05 PM, YouCantBcereus said:

:( I was afraid of that since I hadn't heard from them yet. thanks for the update though!

Yeah I called them as well. Apparently I was wait listed, but they selected the top 5 for the interviews. They don't plan on extending any more interviews at this point, even if you are wait listed that is..They received greater than 1300 applications and they are filling 85! Tough luck mate! Oh and if you are an international applicant to UNC BBSP, they are going to start their interview invites for internationals..they have only filled interview slots for domestic applicants..

Edited by pm666
1 hour ago, michi1987 said:

I was told on Monday that they are still reviewing and sending out interviews and will be doing so for the next few weeks.

Hey, thank you! Did they tell you about the international applicants or domestic applicants?

2 hours ago, scilinny said:

Just got accepted to U Chicago's Human Genetics program!! :) im so excited, I had so much fun there on my interview.

Posting because I wanted to give hope to others with only 1 interview - it can work out! At the end of the day you can only go to one place. 

That's awesome, congratulations!!

Edited by Ash04

I'm a international applicant. I have applied 18 programs but I only got a interview invite from UIUC MCB and a skype interview from Rice but they put me on waitinglist.

Checking email hundreds times a day without any news drives me crazy!!

Does anybody know something about UW(biological physics,and design program), Columbia (biological science), Dartmouth (molecular and cellular biology), BU (biology) and Brown (molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry) ? These are my top choices.