Jump to content

2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, jaesango said:

Congrats on your acceptances, but just to clarify, you didn't apply this (Fall 2016) application cycle right? Stanford Biosciences hasn't had its admissions weekend yet.

Thanks!! Stanford gave me a call and said I am accepted, as did UW and Caltech. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got my first acceptance. This is my 3rd time applying. I've worked really hard to get myself into this position, and I'm really excited to finally have the opportunity. Oh man... 

I just have to share this with someone... Accepted at Vanderbilt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG so excited.  I love that they do rolling acceptances because now all the other schools are competing to wow

Dude.  You're speaking kinda out of your butt.  I think it's horrible to tell the people that they should go for a masters instead of a phd for something such as GPA.  I mean, I'll always encourage pe

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Earl said:

with offers like that, how do you make the final decision on where to go??

Well, I applied last year to Harvard and MIT and they rejected me. This year I just applied everywhere I can but I knew all along I wanted to go to Harvard or MIT - for Genomics those are the top 2 choices for most grad applicants. Good luck with everything!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2016 at 3:22 PM, thorerges said:

Thanks!! Stanford gave me a call and said I am accepted, as did UW and Caltech. 

Wait without the interview? And which program did you apply to at Yale? Yale just had it'd second weekend for BBS and they haven't given any admission offers yet (not as far as I know)!

Just to clarify, did you apply to this cycle (Fall 2016 admissions) or the previous years cycle?

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Microburritology said:

Wait without the interview? And which program did you apply to at Yale? Yale just had it'd second weekend for BBS and they haven't given any admission offers yet (not as far as I know)!

Just to clarify, did you apply to this cycle (Fall 2016 admissions) or the previous years cycle?

95% certain it's b.s. Especially given that Stanford has been adamant about only interviewing people during their single interview weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha well I was worried for a minute, and had a feeling it was bs but didn't have the confidence to go ahead and call it out - Thanks! :lol: 

56 minutes ago, immuno91 said:

95% certain it's b.s. Especially given that Stanford has been adamant about only interviewing people during their single interview weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, immuno91 said:

95% certain it's b.s. Especially given that Stanford has been adamant about only interviewing people during their single interview weekend.

Whatever makes you feel better - I can assure you I am not the only person who has gotten a phone call with an acceptance. Regardless, I ended up choosing Harvard. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Microburritology said:

Wait without the interview? And which program did you apply to at Yale? Yale just had it'd second weekend for BBS and they haven't given any admission offers yet (not as far as I know)!

Just to clarify, did you apply to this cycle (Fall 2016 admissions) or the previous years cycle?

I applied this cycle. Yale MCDB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, thorerges said:

I applied this cycle. Yale MCDB.

Well then its not possible that you've heard back. We were clearly told by the Dean that the decisions will be released the first week of March.

But really though, why would you take the pains of creating a profile just to troll people? Is your life really that sad?

Edited by Microburritology
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Microburritology said:

Well then its not possible that you've heard back. We were clearly told by the Dean that the decisions will be released the first week of March.

But really though, why would you take the pains of creating a profile just to troll people? Is your life really that sad or did all your "accepted colleges" roundly reject you?

Well, this is awkward.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, immuno91 said:

Well, this is awkward.

 

2 hours ago, Microburritology said:
 

Well then its not possible that you've heard back. We were clearly told by the Dean that the decisions will be released the first week of March.

But really though, why would you take the pains of creating a profile just to troll people? Is your life really that sad?

Looks like instead of To Catch a Predator, we now have To Catch a Troll.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Caffeine Junky said:

I haven't, they said they would most likely call today but i haven't heard anything yet

Thats what I heard too and slightly why I am losing my mind right now haha. Thanks for replying though, makes me feel a little better!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just tagging in, but I think people are way to quick on this forum to call "troll" when someone posts something at odd with what they've heard/been told. 

As a pre-emptive warning, if the thread devolves into people arguing over who is or is not a troll, I'll shut things down to give everyone a break to chill out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, thorerges said:

Whatever makes you feel better - I can assure you I am not the only person who has gotten a phone call with an acceptance. Regardless, I ended up choosing Harvard. 

sigh, this is why Harvard has a rep for snobby students

Edited by jaesango
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone hear back from UChicago Cancer Biology? Interviewed there on Jan 28-30th weekend, haven't heard anything back yet. Saw that someone posted in the results section that they got an offer, wanted to confirm if they have already sent out a few/all offers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.