2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got my first acceptance. This is my 3rd time applying. I've worked really hard to get myself into this position, and I'm really excited to finally have the opportunity. Oh man... 

I just have to share this with someone... Accepted at Vanderbilt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG so excited.  I love that they do rolling acceptances because now all the other schools are competing to wow

Dude.  You're speaking kinda out of your butt.  I think it's horrible to tell the people that they should go for a masters instead of a phd for something such as GPA.  I mean, I'll always encourage pe

Posted Images

I saw in the survey that some have been rejected from Brown neuroscience program, i haven´t heard anything from them yet. Does anybody know if they are still sending interview invitations? at least for international students like me that won't be able to attend on campus interviews?

1 hour ago, thorsenm said:

The guy I roomed with at an interview weekend at Dartmouth got told he is on the wait list. I see on the search page that invitations have also been mailed out. I have yet to hear anything. Any thoughts on what this may mean for me?

What Dartmouth program did you apply to?

Accepted at WUSTL MGG! PI told me in person. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calls and emails should go out today and tomorrow.

On 2/23/2016 at 0:17 AM, ms_green_genes said:

My daughter has heard nothing yet.

Still nothing from Vanderbilt over here as well! Their final IGP interview (I believe) is this weekend. I'm anticipating that we'll find out Monday 2/29 or Monday 3/7! 

On 2/22/2016 at 6:26 PM, Effloresce said:

:( I'm sorry to hear that. That's so odd. :/

On 2/23/2016 at 7:48 PM, SpartanNerd1021 said:

Just got a phone call from Boston College saying I have been accepted!!! Now to make a tough decision between Notre Dame and BC.

I interviewed 1/30 and there are a handful of us that haven't heard back yet either - so don't sweat it :) Their final interview is this weekend I believe, so we should all hear back Monday 2/29 or 3/7!

1 hour ago, biosci1993 said:

I interviewed 1/30 and there are a handful of us that haven't heard back yet either - so don't sweat it :) Their final interview is this weekend I believe, so we should all hear back Monday 2/29 or 3/7!

nope, there's an interview weekend on 3/4 and 3/18 as well. i'm going to the latter and it seems so far awayyyyyy

41 minutes ago, TickleMyTCR said:

Any word from UW Immunology?  The last interview weekend is over, so these should be on their way or already out...

The admission stats from last year are promising following interview: http://www.grad.washington.edu/about/statistics/admissions/admissions15.pdf

I was accepted to UW immuno right after the first interview weekend. I also just got an acceptance phone call from Yale so I will be deciding between those 2 schools...any other immunology folk attend those interviews? How did you compare those 2 programs? There are many people at both schools who I would be happy to rotate with. 

I'm having troubles deciding between Boston College and Notre Dame. I liked both programs and would be happy at either but I liked ND a bit more. The one huge thing about BC is that they do a lot of collaborations with Harvard, MIT, Tufts, etc. and I'd make some great connections and know I would get a pretty good post doc position after. Any advice is welcomed!!!