Jump to content

Fall 2016 Applicants


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy hell... so I get home from work, check my mailbox and see a letter from UT-Austin SSW! I open the letter with haste... and it's a generic letter confirming that they received my completed applica

Officially accepted into Minnesota's MSW program!  c'mon Michigan, give me some news!

I received my offers of admission from Washington University and from the University of Michigan today!

My email said that we wouldn't hear about those optional fellowship offers until May...that's a pretty long wait, considering every program wants to know my intent to enroll by April 15. I'm going to try to visit the campus, but the likelihood that I enroll is slim.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RCtheSS said:

My email said that we wouldn't hear about those optional fellowship offers until May...that's a pretty long wait, considering every program wants to know my intent to enroll by April 15. I'm going to try to visit the campus, but the likelihood that I enroll is slim.

It really is frustrating, isn't it? Our tuition deposit isn't due until June, but we are required to submit our intention to enroll as well as our background check by April 15. UW has a great program, but by May, I feel like everything would be neatly squared away already (health records, field placement application). I attended UW for undergrad and the building is pretty compact. The campus as a whole is large and really beautiful (I especially love the gothic architecture and grandiose libraries a la Harry Potter). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, morningjunky said:

It really is frustrating, isn't it? Our tuition deposit isn't due until June, but we are required to submit our intention to enroll as well as our background check by April 15. UW has a great program, but by May, I feel like everything would be neatly squared away already (health records, field placement application). I attended UW for undergrad and the building is pretty compact. The campus as a whole is large and really beautiful (I especially love the gothic architecture and grandiose libraries a la Harry Potter). 

Indeed, it is frustrating. I would hope they would recognize the need for applicants to have all financial considerations on the table before making a commitment. My mom has always wanted to see Seattle, so I'm still going to take this opportunity to plan a mother-daughter spring break around the admitted student days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, morningjunky said:

It really is frustrating, isn't it? Our tuition deposit isn't due until June, but we are required to submit our intention to enroll as well as our background check by April 15. UW has a great program, but by May, I feel like everything would be neatly squared away already (health records, field placement application). I attended UW for undergrad and the building is pretty compact. The campus as a whole is large and really beautiful (I especially love the gothic architecture and grandiose libraries a la Harry Potter). 

I went to UW for undergrad too. I've lived here my whole life and even if they offer only a little in the way of f aid, I already have housing and what not covered.

 

Congrats everyone!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received my acceptance letter from Case Western as well.  Just waiting on OSU at this point, which I am not too concerned about.  That's five, possibly six schools to choose from.  Deadlines for accepting/declining offers are all over the place, despite applying for early decision around the same time for each.  Extensions are pretty easily extended but unfortunately may compromise scholarships in most cases.  So in many ways hearing back from schools was only half the battle as far as reducing stress.  We have our work cut out for us!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On February 26, 2016 at 0:27 PM, LAT said:

I went to UW for undergrad too. I've lived here my whole life and even if they offer only a little in the way of f aid, I already have housing and what not covered.

 

Congrats everyone!!

How exciting! Congrats! I moved to NYC after undergrad so now I'm facing out-of-state tuition. I did apply for three fellowships so a tuition waiver/stipend is very possible, so I'll wait until May and see if I get funding and make my decision.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all! Congrats to all that have been accepted, and good luck to all those waiting!

I applied to one school only - NYU Silver, and I am still waiting for a decision... I submitted my application a week before the deadline. When I called admissions this week, they said my application is under 'Final Review'...:huh: Who else is still waiting? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

(I'm new here) but if anyone is waiting on UCLA I checked the website yesterday and they had my acceptance letter uploaded!  I still haven't received an email from them, so if you're waiting it might be worth while to sign into your account! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, smuscatello said:

(I'm new here) but if anyone is waiting on UCLA I checked the website yesterday and they had my acceptance letter uploaded!  I still haven't received an email from them, so if you're waiting it might be worth while to sign into your account! 

Me too, the online letter is there but I haven't received anything from the department yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, broham said:

Anyone else hear from Cal? Saw someone rejected, but no yet heard of acceptances. Jealous of all you guys with some answers already...

waiting from Berkeley too! They said we should be hearing around March 15. So I"m thinking late next week things will start to roll out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone heard back from SSA Chicago? or U Ill Chicago?

I applied Jan 15, and I know we have 10 days left until their "hear by" date, but just wondering if they started sending out decisions yet.

Also UIC, haven't heard a peep. 

Edited by leah371
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, leah371 said:

Anyone heard back from SSA Chicago? or U Ill Chicago?

I applied Jan 15, and I know we have 10 days left until their "hear by" date, but just wondering if they started sending out decisions yet.

Also UIC, haven't heard a peep. 

I applied the 15th as well and I am still waiting to hear back. Fingers crossed!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pickfights said:

waiting from Berkeley too! They said we should be hearing around March 15. So I"m thinking late next week things will start to roll out. 

The worst!! Yea I'm trying to be optimistic, but might actually go into the week of the 15th...

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, broham said:

The worst!! Yea I'm trying to be optimistic, but might actually go into the week of the 15th...

did you apply anywhere else? I just applied to Cal, SF State (who take notoriously long to reply) and San Jose State (I have NOOO idea about there response time) so I'm in it for the long haul lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 5, 2016 at 1:51 PM, leah371 said:

Anyone heard back from SSA Chicago? or U Ill Chicago?

I applied Jan 15, and I know we have 10 days left until their "hear by" date, but just wondering if they started sending out decisions yet.

Also UIC, haven't heard a peep. 

I heard from UIC back in January. I was accepted and they sent me a letter in the mail around the 21st I believe. I applied in October. The weird part is that nothing ever changed on my online portal. I got the acceptance but online it continued to say referred to the program. It wasn't until just last week that it finally changed. Crazy! I heard they are notoriously slow moving.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2016 at 1:51 PM, leah371 said:

Anyone heard back from SSA Chicago? or U Ill Chicago?

I applied Jan 15, and I know we have 10 days left until their "hear by" date, but just wondering if they started sending out decisions yet.

Also UIC, haven't heard a peep. 

I heard back from SSA about 6 weeks after meeting their Dec. 1st deadline. I submitted my UIC app in early January and heard back via postal service last week (though the letter was dated 2/24). Hope you hear something soon!

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MSW2016 said:

Anyone heard anything from Berkeley yet?

One person who applied to MSW/MPH posted a rejection. I am losing my mind waiting. I know they said the 15th but one way or the other this needs to be over with soon!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

That was me. A separate committee reviews MSW/MPH applicants, so it's not really a good clue for MSW applicants. Sometimes dual degree applicants are referred to the MSW pool because the committee meets later.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.