DAAD Applicants for 2016-17

Horb

25 minutes ago, elloj said:

Thnx for the info. From your status I see that u got funding. That's great congratz :). I'm a little bit worried that I still have the preselection status :/ 

Thank you. As of my experience, the rejection letter for this type of scholarship comes faster, within a month after the interview. I hope that you'll get a positive outcome too ;) 

1 hour ago, hero_girl said:

Thank you. As of my experience, the rejection letter for this type of scholarship comes faster, within a month after the interview. I hope that you'll get a positive outcome too ;) 

Thank you very much for the time and information's :)

Hi guys, hope u doing well.

I have sent yesterday a message through the DAAD portal about when we are going to be informed about the outcome of the scholarship that I applied for. They responded to me that the selection process is not finished yet for the scholarship that I applied for and hopefully they will announce this year's scholarship holders by the end of April.

Regards

Edited by elloj

1 hour ago, LawrencevonBuskirk said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to defer an award (the intensive summer thing) until next year? And, if so, if there's some other way of going about that except sending a message through the portal?

Pretty sure no.

also just got my rejection in the portal. This is not early April daad.

Hi guys,

I've been reading this forum for quit some time. I just got rejected today, It's good to finally know the final decision and then I can move on to something else. The thing is in my rejection letter, they wrote down my assessment score and said I marginally missed the scholarship. I don't know if everybody got the same kind of answer. But I think I kind of took this in a positive way, I must've done something right but unfortunately there're somebody else better than me and that's why I missed the scholarship. 

Anyway, Thanks for the nice community here. Wish you guys all the best of luck.

I'm so infuriated by the letter (first, if you have A1 German, which feasibly some applicants could, the entire letter is in German, good luck reading it quickly). Second, there was about a 40% acceptance rate (109 applicants for around 40 award) and no mention of where I fell within that. I REALLY want to know why I wasn't selected. Oh well...#endrant

Good luck to everyone who got the award! I hope your flights are inexpensive and arrive on time, that you have beautiful weather, and that you have an overall amazing experience :) 

33 minutes ago, Horb said:

I'm so infuriated by the letter (first, if you have A1 German, which feasibly some applicants could, the entire letter is in German, good luck reading it quickly). Second, there was about a 40% acceptance rate (109 applicants for around 40 award) and no mention of where I fell within that. I REALLY want to know why I wasn't selected. Oh well...#endrant

Good luck to everyone who got the award! I hope your flights are inexpensive and arrive on time, that you have beautiful weather, and that you have an overall amazing experience :) 

I know! It sounded much more mean in German...as if they were taunting me. But yeah, I'm sure it was just a standard letter.

31 minutes ago, yellow.wallpaper said:

I know! It sounded much more mean in German...as if they were taunting me. But yeah, I'm sure it was just a standard letter.

Agreed. It actually had more info than the email I got last year (no numbers were given). But I'm also peeved that we didn't "officially" find out until the middle-end of April.

Hello guys,

I also got accepted for an intensive language course in Frankfurt (got an email through the portal a few days ago).

Did anyone sign the declaration acceptance prior to uploading it on the portal? I uploaded it on Monday without a signature and have been waiting for their follow-up ever since. Just today I've found that " Please send the Letter of acceptance received together with the Scholarship Award Letter with your handwritten signature to the DAAD," on this webpage https://www.daad.de/medien/deutschland/stipendien/formulare/isk-kursliste.pdf 

I am thinking now whether I should re-upload the form or let it be and see what happens. Just don't want to mess up my grant by a silly mistake...

9 hours ago, Andrey said:

Hello guys,

I also got accepted for an intensive language course in Frankfurt (got an email through the portal a few days ago).

Did anyone sign the declaration acceptance prior to uploading it on the portal? I uploaded it on Monday without a signature and have been waiting for their follow-up ever since. Just today I've found that " Please send the Letter of acceptance received together with the Scholarship Award Letter with your handwritten signature to the DAAD," on this webpage https://www.daad.de/medien/deutschland/stipendien/formulare/isk-kursliste.pdf 

I am thinking now whether I should re-upload the form or let it be and see what happens. Just don't want to mess up my grant by a silly mistake...

Привет Andrey!

I would recommend signing and resubmitting your acceptance form...Germans love original signatures as much as they love documents in general. ;) 

Got my rejection today. Haven't received a letter, but my status changed.

I'm so happy that finally my waiting is over and I can move on. :D

Good luck to everyone else, who are still waiting!

On April 14, 2016 at 0:36 PM, Gibery said:

took 4 days for me! you need to check "insurance" --> "messages" but you anyways get a notification on your email like the others msgs in the portal :D

Hello everyone,

Just to be sure, you guys submitted the acceptance letter right away the way it came or did you sign the acceptance letter and uploaded it afterwards?

im still waiting for my insurance documents. 

(I emailed my person in charge and she told me that it's sufficient just to upload the acceptance letter, but haven't heard from them yet)

I'm now worried.

Thanks!

@Gibery @s3v

Edited by MaxImun

5 hours ago, x\/x\/x said:

Привет Andrey!

I would recommend signing and resubmitting your acceptance form...Germans love original signatures as much as they love documents in general. ;) 

Привет! 

Thanks for the advice. I think I will wait till tomorrow and if nothing comes up, I will re-upload my declaration. 

15 hours ago, Andrey said:

Hello guys,

I didn't sign my declaration of acceptance but I still got an automated message saying that it had been received.

Does anyone know if we need to enroll ourselves at our particular institution or does DAAD do that for us?

8 minutes ago, abreak said:

I didn't sign my declaration of acceptance but I still got an automated message saying that it had been received.

Does anyone know if we need to enroll ourselves at our particular institution or does DAAD do that for us?

Yes, I got this message 5 minutes after too, but nothing else since. 

9 minutes ago, Andrey said:

Yes, I got this message 5 minutes after too, but nothing else since. 

I wouldn't worry about it. There's nothing to do with the insurance documents anyway. Nothing to sign, nothing to submit, etc, etc. Given their inconsistency in timing, just give it some time.
And no, I did not sign anything on the declaration of acceptance. I can't even find a place on it that asks for a signature.

19 minutes ago, abreak said:

Pretty sure you have to do everything yourself after getting the scholarship. I get the feeling DAAD takes a very hands-off approach at this point. They make it exceedingly clear that they will not find you housing, so I don't think there's any assistance in enrollment.

Edited by s3v

21 minutes ago, s3v said:

I wouldn't worry about it. There's nothing to do with the insurance documents anyway. Nothing to sign, nothing to submit, etc, etc. Given their inconsistency in timing, just give it some time.
And no, I did not sign anything on the declaration of acceptance. I can't even find a place on it that asks for a signature.

Pretty sure you have to do everything yourself after getting the scholarship. I get the feeling DAAD takes a very hands-off approach at this point. They make it exceedingly clear that they will not find you housing, so I don't think there's any assistance in enrollment.

I have The same issue, didn't sign it and nothing since. Almost 2 weeks now.

3 hours ago, MaxImun said:

Hello everyone,

Just to be sure, you guys submitted the acceptance letter right away the way it came or did you sign the acceptance letter and uploaded it afterwards?

im still waiting for my insurance documents. 

(I emailed my person in charge and she told me that it's sufficient just to upload the acceptance letter, but haven't heard from them yet)

I'm now worried.

Thanks!

@Gibery @s3v

Congratzs!

I didnt sign anything, just uploaded! after that I got a confirmation mail via portal that they got my acceptance, once u got that, you will receive the inssurance documents! :D

31 minutes ago, s3v said:

I did everything (accomodation, visa) by myself. Though, I got told just now (few days before traveling) to check the international office of the University i will go. They have the assistance for you for everything. They are being very kind to me and offering me help with anything else  I need (little late! but always thankful :p)

On 19.04.2016. at 10:34 AM, elloj said:

Study Scholarship 2016/2017

Hey guys! Hope u're doing well. This forum is a great help, thnx to everyone who is posting and giving informations. 

In my DAAD portal account my application status is still preselection made. I was wondering if someone of u has the same thing as I have. When I was in the interview they said that I will be informed in mid April or at the end of April. I'm a bit worried because it's the 19th of April and the application status is still preselection.

Thnx in advance if any of you has any info. that could help me. Hope we're getting positive news these days. Have a nice day

Is your status still "preselection made" ?