DAAD Applicants for 2016-17

Horb

same here, perhaps they've just worked through the summer language course applications first? Despite the fact that their deadline was a month later than the Graduate Research one :angry:

Sending good luck vibes to everyone, of course! 

2 hours ago, x\/x\/x said:

same here, perhaps they've just worked through the summer language course applications first? Despite the fact that their deadline was a month later than the Graduate Research one :angry:

Sending good luck vibes to everyone, of course! 

Most likely our programs start sooner so maybe that's why? But I hope we all hear soon.

8 hours ago, aynrand said:

My status hasn't changed at all. It's still "Application Submitted."

Neither has mine! I applied for the study scholarship though so maybe it has something to do with the rollout. The suspense is too much!!!

So I went through past forums. It seems like it was usually 1 week after the status change that people heard. I'm not sure when mine changed, but I also know results usually post on Fridays (at least, that has been my experience). Here's to hoping this Friday or next!

13 minutes ago, aynrand said:

Good luck, Horb! Good luck to all of us! Still no change in my application status.

Thanks! I hope we all here back soon. I often feel like that wait is worse than the feeling of a negative result. Drawn out anxiety verses instant blow.

Another anxious intensive language grant applicant here. I am so happy to have found this forum after discovering today that my status has changed (when? who knows...still can't understand why they don't send out e-mail notifications!) to "selection made."

Has anyone worked up the nerve to e-mail them about a timeline? Or heard anything more?

8 minutes ago, kunstkid said:

Another anxious intensive language grant applicant here. I am so happy to have found this forum after discovering today that my status has changed (when? who knows...still can't understand why they don't send out e-mail notifications!) to "selection made."

Has anyone worked up the nerve to e-mail them about a timeline? Or heard anything more?

I emailed them a ton last year and so feel bad doing that this year (not just for timeline). But they are really nice and respond fairly quickly. You can also call them, which allows for a bit more anonymity as you don't have to give your name.

Hello! i'm also happy to find this forums! Been checking for updates here the last days!

My status changed to "selection made" the past friday... i called to DAAD in my country and they told me that this week they release the results between yesterday and today... (i'm still waiting.. hopeless :c ) Also I got some mates that already received the reject email.. so i'm torn about my feelings, not knowing if waiting its good or bad, but you know, no news is good news, or lets hope so!

9 minutes ago, Gibery said:

Hello! i'm also happy to find this forums! Been checking for updates here the last days!

My status changed to "selection made" the past friday... i called to DAAD in my country and they told me that this week they release the results between yesterday and today... (i'm still waiting.. hopeless :c ) Also I got some mates that already received the reject email.. so i'm torn about my feelings, not knowing if waiting its good or bad, but you know, no news is good news, or lets hope so!

Hi Gibery. Did you apply for a research grant or an intensive language grant? 

9 minutes ago, Gibery said:

10 minutes ago, Gibery said:

Anddddddddd I will now start checking my email every five seconds. Thanks for the update though! Gives some hope for the rest of us!

also last year rejections and acceptances were sent out at the same time.

It was awful last year bc I was waiting after all the rejections (a few hours) before I got my rejection so I thought maybe I was accepted.

3 minutes ago, Gibery said:

I have applied for a Research Grant! 

i am already checking my mail/portal/forums every five minutes!!! THE anxiety!!!

Is it a research grant for a PhD program in Germany or is it a short-term research grant? I applied for a research grant for a doctoral program but my status hasn't changed at all.

3 minutes ago, Horb said:

It was awful last year bc I was waiting after all the rejections (a few hours) before I got my rejection so I thought maybe I was accepted.

i'm afraid of that..

Also im confused about the times! thinking that maybe when DAAD in Germany is closed (after 4pm) we wont hear any news til next day, no idea how it was before, its my first application!

1 minute ago, aynrand said:

Is it a research grant for a PhD program in Germany or is it a short-term research grant? I applied for a research grant for a doctoral program but my status hasn't changed at all.

short-term research grant!

Just now, Ludacris said:

Just writing to let you all know: I emailed regarding the change of status for my intensive language course application and was told that the results would be published at the end of the month. 

Last year, they told we would hear next week then five minutes later results came out. It isn't that I don't believe them, but things change...

6 minutes ago, Gibery said:

i'm afraid of that..

Also im confused about the times! thinking that maybe when DAAD in Germany is closed (after 4pm) we wont hear any news til next day, no idea how it was before, its my first application!

short-term research grant!

Last year we heard from the daad office and I heard after 5pm.

1 minute ago, Ludacris said:

Just passing along the information, friend. 

Oh I didn't mean to sound aggressive! I just meant to let people know that DAAD sometimes releases info before they stated they would.

21 minutes ago, Horb said:

Last year, they told we would hear next week then five minutes later results came out. It isn't that I don't believe them, but things change...

Last year we heard from the daad office and I heard after 5pm.

I say they went home, started their weekend and forgot about us! =(

btw the reject i know of was mailed this past monday, so, no clue about times (it was the same kind of fellowship)

Question for intensive language grant applicants: how long was your statement of purpose?

Edited by Horb