Fall 2016 I/O Psychology

16 minutes ago, Zero Darko Thirty said:

Has everyone heard back from all their schools? I haven't gotten any updates from 3 programs that I applied to.

I didn't hear back from Florida International, but that's okay seeing as I've heard conflicting reports about whether or not the I/O program is going to continue or not. I'd rather not take that chance. 

You could try emailing the programs at this point. Usually no news is good news, but it could also just mean you're on some sort of unofficial wait list. I think most offers should be extended by this time. 

I applied to the Master's I/O program at Clemson. I just emailed the program director because I haven't heard anything. He told me that the first round of acceptances has gone out and they are waiting to hear back from them (they have a deadline of April 15th). I'm assuming that makes me unofficially waitlisted. I don't know if the same applies for the phD program but I thought I would share the information anyway just in case someone finds it useful. For what it is worth, the program director was very nice and didn't seem bothered by my email.

Hello,

This is my first post.  I am looking for some advice.  I have applied to several programs and here is what I have received so far:

1. Rejected at CMU

2. Rejected at WSU

3. Wait list at SLU

4. Wait list at Akron

5. Accepted at IUPUI

6. No response yet from BGSU

7. No response yet from Ohio State

8. No response yet from UMSL

I had interviews at Illinois State and Southern Illinois University and am awaiting responses from them.  My question is this: What should I do about BGSU, Ohio State, and UMSL?  BGSU is my top choice and I know they have wait listed people, rejected people, and accepted people but I have not heard anything from them.  I received an acceptance from IUPUI and would love to go there, however it is a master's and if I can get into a PhD program that takes priority. Any advice would be appreciated.

@I/O Hopeful 2016 If you haven't heard anything by now from a school you are mostly likely rejected or far down on the waitlist. I know that UMSL already had their visit day a week or two ago where they invited students with offers and those on the waitlist. If you didn't get invited to that I would assume that you are rejected. Wouldn't hurt to e-mail at this point as it's nearly April.

For what it's worth, IUPUI is an excellent program and from what I understand their funding package is generous for a master's program.

From someone who went through this last year, good luck to everyone. It will work out in the end, I assure you.

On 3/24/2016 at 7:12 PM, ioioioio said:

@I/O Hopeful 2016 If you haven't heard anything by now from a school you are mostly likely rejected or far down on the waitlist. I know that UMSL already had their visit day a week or two ago where they invited students with offers and those on the waitlist. If you didn't get invited to that I would assume that you are rejected. Wouldn't hurt to e-mail at this point as it's nearly April.

For what it's worth, IUPUI is an excellent program and from what I understand their funding package is generous for a master's program.

From someone who went through this last year, good luck to everyone. It will work out in the end, I assure you.

I have emailed the programs I haven't heard from yet.  BGSU sent a simple reply stating " Offers have been extended but they haven't made decisions on all applications yet.  Decisions may not be completed until mid April" which isn't really helpful. UMSL replied " We have about 60 applicants to our program this year and can typically only accept 3-5.  I know it is stressful to wait for an answer, and we will notify you of a decision as soon as we have news for you.  However, it can often take until April before we have decisions.  We will definitely notify you by April 15th, according to APA standards.  In the meantime, I appreciate your patience and your interest in our graduate program!" Still no word from Ohio State, which is bothersome because I have been looking on here and I have not seen anyone post as to whether they have been admitted, wait listed, or rejected so I don't know if they have decided on anything yet.  I also received an email today and was accepted into EKU's master's program, so I am excited I have more options now. However, I would still much rather get into a PhD program (that probably goes without saying) but I don't want to be "that guy" who waits until the last minute or makes other people who have been wait listed continue to wait until I decide. I don't know what more I can do at this point.

15 hours ago, I/O Hopeful 2016 said:

I have emailed the programs I haven't heard from yet.  BGSU sent a simple reply stating " Offers have been extended but they haven't made decisions on all applications yet.  Decisions may not be completed until mid April" which isn't really helpful. UMSL replied " We have about 60 applicants to our program this year and can typically only accept 3-5.  I know it is stressful to wait for an answer, and we will notify you of a decision as soon as we have news for you.  However, it can often take until April before we have decisions.  We will definitely notify you by April 15th, according to APA standards.  In the meantime, I appreciate your patience and your interest in our graduate program!" Still no word from Ohio State, which is bothersome because I have been looking on here and I have not seen anyone post as to whether they have been admitted, wait listed, or rejected so I don't know if they have decided on anything yet.  I also received an email today and was accepted into EKU's master's program, so I am excited I have more options now. However, I would still much rather get into a PhD program (that probably goes without saying) but I don't want to be "that guy" who waits until the last minute or makes other people who have been wait listed continue to wait until I decide. I don't know what more I can do at this point.

Way to go on EKU!  Who did you contact at BGSU?  I emailed the faculty I am interested in working with directly and got a different message with more information.  

4 hours ago, IOSearching said:

Way to go on EKU!  Who did you contact at BGSU?  I emailed the faculty I am interested in working with directly and got a different message with more information.  

I emailed Paula Watson who works in the admissions office. Who did you contact? If you don't mind me asking, what was the reply you received?

14 minutes ago, I/O Hopeful 2016 said:

I emailed Paula Watson who works in the admissions office. Who did you contact? If you don't mind me asking, what was the reply you received?

I emailed Dr. Mathews, who I want to work with.  He gave me more information on my place on the wait list.  

Had you already received a notification before then that you were put on a wait list? I have not received any communication from them whatsoever besides the reply from Paula which I have already mentioned.

Is there anyone who is accepted to BGSU that hasn't decided whether they are going to go there or not? I am wait listed there and have to make a decision relatively quickly as to where I will be attending, and BGSU is my top choice.  

Has anyone heard from the Clemson, WashU or UNC Charlotte (org science) programs?

Also...I've been accepted to the University of Tulsa today. Anyone have any opinion on the program/school/area?

Has anyone else accepted their offer yet? I don't feel like it's necessarily early, but I accepted an offer at PhD program about a week ago. I'm just anxiously waiting to see who will be in my cohort!

4 hours ago, hpgenomix said:

Has anyone heard back from Baruch?

I've got acceptance from Baruch on February 25th.

Has anyone heard back from Georgia Institute of Technology?

Edited by Ashley Lee