Middle Eastern Studies/NELC Masters/PhD

Arm457

On February 17, 2016 at 8:59 PM, karawyah said:

Congrats Dahweh! This is awesome news! Hopefully you'll hear good news from the rest. 

Thanks very much!  A long and hard-fought battle.  I hope that everyone on this thread hears good news soon.  

1 hour ago, dahweh said:

This is wonderful news!  But given that you have heard from UCLA already, I am guessing that they have sent out all of their acceptances.  Do you think that is likely?   I'm hoping that the remaining decisions come quickly, so we can all get on with it and figure things out already!

I'm not sure if they've sent out all the acceptances. I just got an email but my status on the UCLA application hasn't changed.

On 2/17/2016 at 8:13 PM, haluga said:

Hey all, I got accepted to the PhD program at UCLA (NELC - Arabic). I'm really grateful for this as this was one of my top choices. Does anyone else here plan on going to UCLA? 

Congratulations!

That's wonderful! It must be a relief to receive an admission from your top choice:-)

I had applied to UCLA as well, but have not heard anything. Did you hear from them today?

11 hours ago, Mojdeh said:

Congratulations!

That's wonderful! It must be a relief to receive an admission from your top choice:-)

I had applied to UCLA as well, but have not heard anything. Did you hear from them today?

Thanks! No, I heard from them last week. What's your sub field? I'm guessing that not all sub fields have sent notifications yet.

Is anyone on this thread going to Chicago (NELC or Divinity School) or UT-Austin for HB/ANE?   It would be nice to talk about the programs, as I will almost certainly be going to one of these two.  

On 2/18/2016 at 1:54 PM, haluga said:

Thanks! No, I heard from them last week. What's your sub field? I'm guessing that not all sub fields have sent notifications yet.

Mine is Persian Literature. I was hoping to hear from them this week, but no news so far. 

On 2/19/2016 at 8:47 PM, Tha-Boy said:

Accepted to NYU in Hebrew Bible! I will probably accept the offer unless something astronomical happens.

Congrats! Me too: NYU – Hebrew. There is a BIGGGGG opportunity that I will take the offer. I'm the guy with ridiculously low GRE)  

Hi everyone:)

I hope all is well.

I was wondering, for those of you who are waiting to hear from Columbia, has the status of your online application changed at all? To something like "under review" or something? 

Hi there, 

I'm new here. Have you guys heard from NELC Yale? Last week I was informed that I'm on their waiting list for the PhD Assyrilogy. Does anyone here was accepted by that department? Only a few are talking about Yale in some of the forum and I'm not sure if they are talking about the Divinity School or the NELC. 

Any thoughts?

ps: I'm using my wife's account... That's why it says that the program is philosophy. 

Edited by magu2911

Hi there, 

I'm new here. Have you guys heard from NELC Yale? Last week I was informed that I'm on their waiting list for the PhD Assyrilogy. Was anyone here accepted by that department? Only a few are talking about Yale in some of the forums and I'm not sure if they are talking about the Divinity School or the NELC. 

Any thoughts?

So on my Brandeis application stage, the top now reads "Welcome (name)... Near Eastern and Judaic Studies (M.A.) / M.A." I had applied to the PhD program and have not previously noticed an "M.A." on the application page before, so I'm guessing they've probably rejected my PhD app but moved my application to the MA program, as they've done with other applicants in the past. For those of you waiting on Brandeis, it might be worth checking your application page to see if it reads "M.A." at the top. 

Edited by Almaqah Thwn

On February 25, 2016 at 11:32 PM, haluga said:

I was curious if anyone else applied to Georgetown for Arabic and Islamic studies. I haven't heard anything from them so far.

I was just notified of my acceptance to Georgetown via email. 

Hi guys:-)

Has anyone heard from Columbia's MESAAS?

I saw some acceptances on the results page. Does anyone happen to know their method of notification or care to share? I'm coming close to a deadline for an offer and my application doesn't seem to have changed at all.

9 minutes ago, David_R said:

UChicago has sent out admissions offers for the M.A. in Middle Eastern Studies. Posted in the results section.

hey:-)

I did receive an offer after my application was sent to them (I had originally applied to the PhD), but they're not funded. The first year for the MA is almost always unfunded unfortunately. 

Edited by Mojdeh