Electrical/Computer Engineering admission results?

durlov

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one small question. I noticed everyone posting here have joined the forum in the past couple of days or so. Did you all get here just by googling for stuff like mit+ admissions +acceptance +results, etc. etc.? Just curious.

not quite. Last month I found the results page. And two days ago I found the forum.

One advice, please. Should I call the office today to end this ordeal? :(

not quite. Last month I found the results page. And two days ago I found the forum.

One advice, please. Should I call the office today to end this ordeal? :(

It probably wont hurt. But I'm sure they'll just say something like "we'll send notifications to everyone by so and so date", etc. how do i know? because I tried it yesterday 8)

actually, when i talked to the eecs office, they told me we would know results by the end of feb. and then when i talked to the professor i want to study under, he told me decisions are made centrally by the admissions committee, and check with the office in 2 weeks. that was mid feb. so it may just be that the torment won't end until feb 28. 2007's not a leap year. and of course, don't forget that the visits are mar 2-3. so...

actually, when i talked to the eecs office, they told me we would know results by the end of feb. and then when i talked to the professor i want to study under, he told me decisions are made centrally by the admissions committee, and check with the office in 2 weeks. that was mid feb. so it may just be that the torment won't end until feb 28. 2007's not a leap year. and of course, don't forget that the visits are mar 2-3. so...

yeah, that is if we dont get in. If we do get in, I think the torment should most likely end today or at least in the very near future. damn, I need to go do something productive.

we are all soooo nervous, arent we?

:shock: everytime i hit refresh one of us has already written sth. who's still got finger nails left... by the way, am i the only buffoon who's trying to get into harvard eecs?? i thought they're supposed to be pretty good - inventors of Mark I, yes?!!

Well, as somebody said earlier, today is probably the day that most of the acceptances go out. With next Wednesday being the official date to RSVP by, and Monday being a holiday, we will most likely know our fate by close of business today. 5.5 hours and counting.... (or 6.5 if they work late on a Friday - unlikely).

Also, I can see how it might be beneficial for them to send out the admissions decisions on a Friday evening; then they can avoid the inevitable flurry of questions (at least until next Tuesday) that is likely to follow the mailing of the results. One way or another, in 5.5 hours, a beer is going to sound real good... Good luck!

Well, as somebody said earlier, today is probably the day that most of the acceptances go out. With next Wednesday being the official date to RSVP by, and Monday being a holiday, we will most likely know our fate by close of business today. 5.5 hours and counting.... (or 6.5 if they work late on a Friday - unlikely).

Also, I can see how it might be beneficial for them to send out the admissions decisions on a Friday evening; then they can avoid the inevitable flurry of questions (at least until next Tuesday) that is likely to follow the mailing of the results. One way or another, in 5.5 hours, a beer is going to sound real good... Good luck!

its now down to 4 hrs 40 mins. No signs of anything. Updates, anyone?

nope, i'm afraid, too. at least there's hoping, not rejection by phone :(

Its almost like we are living together in a concentration camp staring against impending doom..... but with that little glimmer of hope for survival (which hopefully at least a lucky few among us will get) :oops: :!: :roll:

By now I think all MIT admissions are gone out.

Congratulations to those accepted.

Congratulations also to the guy accepted to CMU/Robotics.

Now a good hot bath, and.. life goes on.

Anyway, now that my PhD possibilities for next fall are over, it could be a good occasion to rethink my life plan: actually, a PhD is the "easy way" out of school. A real job, volunteering? Who knows.